Ahhhh war at it's finest

wayfarer

(edited)

that's weird.

first i heard that 7900gtx is gonna be marginally better than 7800gtx and this review shows it beating x1900xtx by a big margin....hmmm

of course they also have a bogus test setup. they are not testing a dual core processor and they are using onld ati crossfire boards instead of new a8r32, so....

*edit: bah i see that it mostly beats x1900xtx in generics like 3dmark03 while in 3dmark05 it trail a bit.....hmmm to close to call

Edited by Vovik

No time now but I read a few reviews and the x1900xtx crossfire kicked the crap out of the 7800gtx SLI in all catagories except ones that really didn't matter to me. I was looking hard to find the best stuff because I wanted to do an upgrade now that would take me far into the future without further need to do anything to my PC.

In that case, DONT get caught up in the hype.

DX10 cards are VERY soon, but they want you to pay $500 for a dx9 first.

WAIT!!!!!

And after waiting, NEVER buy the top of the line video card.

( btw, my Ti4600 I got rid of 4 months ago cost me $439 dollars when I bought it....yeah. I replaced it with a "cheap" 6600gt.)

( btw, my Ti4600 I got rid of 4 months ago cost me $439 dollars when I bought it....yeah. I replaced it with a "cheap" 6600gt.)

Those were "the" card to have back in the day. I remember I could only afford a Mx440

I got my 9800pro 256, for a steal of $165 like 3yrs ago, and it still seal for that price now if not more someplaces. It still does its job, and is almost the same to the 6800.

Ya, a bit rushed with the testing. I think that they are rushing so much to market, because there's going to be a lot of new stuff coming out around DX10, Windows Vista and some of the latest Unreal Engine games (and others). I think that they're trying to TRICK us into thinking it's a buyers market. The real buyers market seems to be coming around summer/fall.

We think that scrambling to launch a counter product is just as insane as giving reviewers less than one week to review three new products in six configurations with a driver that has a revision 1/3 of the way into testing. Then to find out that the driver has an overclocking bug, what good does that do anyone? So the question begs to be asked, what good is a rushed launch? Does it keep rumors from flying across the Web or leaked reviews? Does the consumer benefit any more from a secretive launch with a short time to market or from a preview of things to come with a met delivery date a few weeks later? It seems there is some logic behind the antics but this is a little childish.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

Toms's Hardware reviews always seem to be different than everyone else's.