helicopter gunship at night in Iraq

shep48

The reason its all in green is the GI's NVA's. There is an apache / gunship to the left of the area the GI's are held up at. A lot of times they will stop and take cover because they got ambushed by a platoon of guys (1 - 15 guys) they call in for air support and these guys in choppers / jets come to the rescue. The first fire is the 50mm cannon laying down a patch of fire to try to take out a bunch of them. The second 2 rounds towards the end is the rocket pods. you can see the big explosions. The random fire is just the gi's trying to be cool.

In bootcamp we got to see a lot of videos. Let me just say when the teams use laser guided missles they are precise. We saw a video of one of the SEAL teams using the ladar target to paint this house and a hornet came from one of the carriers and dropped a bomb from miles above the clouds. In the video you could see a guy inside the house just before the bomb hit. The video shows the bomb going through the window this guy was standing in. I got to see a lot of jet missions of them blowing up oil refinery's and several warehouses that were believed to hold military weapons etc etc.

three cheers for war yeah yeah yeah

the only problem with those lights is that human beings are being killed that bothers me!

and do you think they would show you war videos of laser targeted missles that miss their mark????? never!

(edited)

I dont think this is Apache Kenger, also there is no 50mm gun that can shoot automatic.

The tracers come from gutling machine gun, mounted on littlebird or blackhawk. So do the rockets.

md530_front2.jpg

Never the less cool video. Thx for posting

Here is a real gunship hitting targets...Cobra baby!

and do you think they would show you war videos of laser targeted missles that miss their mark????? never!

They don't show em because they don't exist. If the laser is pointed in right spot the missile WILL hit it, if for some reason the laser becomes obscured (smoke or spotter is blocked) the missile goes upwards and self destructs.

Edited by BIGSHaW

That was an incredible video right there.

We should make a forum that just links to cool war video. I love that stuff.

I don't like that it has to go on, but man...just wow. Anyone remember what the little group of bomber dwarves in WarCraft II would say when you'd select them?