Oilrig replaces Havana!

Fatty

as_oilrig has replaced cs_havana on Plat's rotation.

Here's your current cycle:

cs_assault

de_museum

cs_office

cs_italy

de_scud

de_inferno

cs_militia

de_train

de_torn

de_aztec

de_clan1_mill

as_oilrig

de_survivor

de_dust2

de_chateau

cs_bank

de_cbble

de_dust

de_piranesi

de_volare

Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guests

And allow me to be the first to say... hell no! Oilrig is so one sided that most of the time we find ourselves whining 'TEAMS!' to get people to actually play as CTs. At least, that's my experience with it... Oilrig is only fun if you're Terrorists, or if you have tons of awesome players willing to play as CTs...

oooooooooob

Guest Wild
Guest Wild
Guest Wild
Guests

Well i am so freakin Siked.. Oh yeah baby i love oilrig. Although yes it kind of is a one sided map. But it is a classic and it is awesome. And i have played several times where the ct's completely own the Terrorists. So as long as the teams dont get stacked it should all work out fine. Too bad there isnt a way to take away the ct and t shoices only leaving auto assign. Oh well i will look into that although i doubt there is that possibility.

Later!!!!

GC Founder

I used to hate it too, but don't mind it so much now. Some people pointed out that it kept getting voted up. The fact is, I think more people like it than not...but hey, we could always vote it right back off! :D

I had one of my most fun CS experiences on oilrig just the other night so I have a newfound love of the map...

I was at a lan and no one was playing CS except me and 2 n00bs (they weren't to shabby either for their first time) and oilrig comes up and it was a 2CT on 1T (me)....there were some hilarious times.

One round I popped up in the middle of them in a dark room on accident and for like 30 seconds we were all doing intricate figure 8 patterns and firing blindly, the VIP ran out of ammo and finally the other guy got a lucky hit with his n00b cannon right in the head so they won that round....

another time I sniped the VIP 5 feet from the chopper...

then another time I took out the guard from behind as they were running for the chopper and the VIP kept firing at me and he ran out of ammo, then I empty my clip on my mp5 and then my clip on my pistol all as he's running straight for the chopper, so I pull out my knife and attempt to run him down. He went up the ramp from the bottom and I jumped up the side and swiped him twice with my knife 1 foot from the chopper and I won....

then another time I thought I'd be dumb and only use a pistol so I didn't buy a rifle or anything and I forgot to buy extra ammo for my pistol....so as we're fighting right at the chopper again I ran out of bullets on the pistol, I had already killed the other guy and accidentally ran over his gun and unloaded on the VIP (on accident again) and killed him as he was running up the ramp again....

there were so many close saves on that ramp that game....I was laughing so hard sometimes I couldn't see the screen...

to their credit the newbs got pretty good that night, they never took the same way twice in a row and ended up killing me 20 times....

Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guests

*still fuming* I didn't mind Havana. I never once lagged on that map, and I hear nothing but complaining about the lag when we play Havana. I felt left out cause I never got lag...

UberNewb

Guest SiLvEr BuLLeT
Guest SiLvEr BuLLeT
Guest SiLvEr BuLLeT
Guests

great cycle but i got a suggestion take out de_clan1mill and de_volare and put cs_assauly_upc and something else like cs_pacman (played it on DOH) very fun

oilrig in a nutshell -

It's someone's sick twist on cs_assault. Instead of terrorists camping inside a can, they camp outside the can. Instead of CT's desperately trying to get IN the can, they are desperately trying to get OUT of the can. To tell the world even more how twisted he is, he made one of the CT's basically useless by arming him with a pistol with a couple of extra magazines and then crippled all his friends by removing the AWP from the buy list.