What does everyone think?

Round Timelimit  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Its been rough as we're trying to get the server up and running again, but one thing I've noticed I liked...

The map time limit.... I think its better now than it was before, haven't heard any complaints on it either. Seems to promote teamwork more. At worst, I would like the time limit to be somewhere in between what it is now and what it was, when we get things up and running.

What does everyone think?

tWc|RoGuE.gc

in the long long ago, a round was 3 minutes. about 3 weeks ago we went to 2:45. now we're at 2. i personally like it for the same reasons rogue mentioned. particularly on cs_maps, it forces the ct's hand to make a move.

by default, our cfg locks your point of view when dead. before you could spectate and freely look around the map. it's probably the biggest complaint, but i gotta admit, i like it. for one, it goes along with the competitive feel of shortened timelimit. second, it eliminates any possibility of ghosting.

adding poll above....

The round time is fine at 2, personally I prefer 3 when we're just playing for fun, but I understand the logic behind shorter rounds. As far as the camera, I prefer the freelook. I don't mind only seeing my team, but I like being able to go into third-person perspective.

Hmm.. i think we need freelook.. I can't tell if CT are camping on a CS map or if Ts are camping on a DE map >_< Be hard to track sprays when dead too *can't at the moment :P* And can't watch certain players sometimes too.

i say 230 is a nice compromise between the 2 of now and the 3 of old.

now it is very hard to be a good admin without freelook for many reasons. i cant watch anyone on the other team as far as spawn campers, checking for sprays, and imagine how hard it would be to follow a hacker if i needed to. without freelook i cant go he might be hacking and follow him around.

just my thoughts on the subject.

also 30 more seconds on italy would sure make it possible to get those stupid hosties back to safety. but i love the 2 minutes when there are less people but with a full pub, sometimes it just isnt enough time for me to pwn them all.

It's a tough call, maybe it should be done on a map-by-map basis (I think this is possible right?). For some maps like cs_italy the 3:00 timer feels way too long, for others like cs_militia it already feels too short.

oh my gosh you guys were running 2:00 rounds?

wow, i had no idea. If the original post meant that 2:30 or 3:00 allows for more teamplay, i whole heartedly agree....

Depends on what you want....run and gun or teamplay.

I think 2:30 is even too fast. On a well administrated server, you should be fine with 3:00 or 3:30 even. If people are impatient, tell them to go play a 24/7 dust server......

a few days later, i'm still digging the shorter rounds. it's not run n gun, it's no nonsense "alright team we gotta do this and we gotta work together." it seems the longer the rounds, the more likely to have an uncooperative rogue (not roguemx) :D

plz, dont change variables now.

Many other issues first, then we have to rebuild traffic after the issues, then, once we regain our status, MAYBE mess with them then. But of course you will still be messing with variables on a server that hit #1 spot with the original variables...so..um..why?

people are worried about round timer? Server is in Tides right now and totally empty after noon. >.< Changing map remotely now.

whoops, didn't think i would start a big debate on this. I agree, the 300 timer is 'fine', especially on cs maps, I was just noting that I was having more fun with the 2:00 timer, and it seemed like others were as well. So, I wanted to see some comments on it. Input has always been encouraged, so I gave some :smiling2:

I voted 200, but 230 seems a good compromise if we are taking this seriously (which I hadn't 'really' expected). And I agree freelook is a necessary evil for all the reasons given.

Sorry if I caused some tension for some of you guys and gals..... :shrug03:

tWc|RoGuE.gc

I agree with the time to be about 2.5min, it gives a chance for both sides to do what they need to do, but it varies from map to map. Office is great for 2min where a map like aztec would need more time, just cuz it's more ct friendly.

As far as vew..... freelook is best for me. Like laz.... I spend alot of my dead time spec'n for rule break'n, that's not to say I'm dead alot..... heh kidding. Me=noob

Guest _hitman_
Guest _hitman_
Guest _hitman_
Guests

w00t first post. Anyway, I prefer 2:30 myself, just because of map variation. Some maps 3 is too long, others, 2 is too short. So 2:30 seems a good median.

Doubt its possible with the current toolset, but Id like to see an adaptive timer, changing per map and how many players are on. A full 25 man game on port will need way more time then a 5 on 5 in office...