H.O.P.E. - New York

Cobalt

<Takes a swing a t NOFX>

"YOU'RE ONE OF THEM!!!!!"

:o Wut! There's one among us!! PANCAKE HUGGER!!! :=

... leggo my ego!

Has that sugar worn off yet?

She was still going on about that chocolatey poptart at like 2:00am in TS.

' date='Apr 13 2006, 03:56 PM' post='322978']

<Takes a swing a t NOFX>

"YOU'RE ONE OF THEM!!!!!"

:o Wut! There's one among us!! PANCAKE HUGGER!!! :=

... leggo my ego!

Has that sugar worn off yet?

She was still going on about that chocolatey poptart at like 2:00am in TS.

:unsure: i was? :twitch: But you have to give me this... it was nasty. LOL My sister ate the other one today because I brought it home from work the other day. She agrees. :shrug03: At least it didn't go to waste.

Company my brother used to work for (Wheelgroup) was featured in Fortune magazine years ago as they were challenged to break into a fortune 500 company's system over a weekend. They did so.

Cisco purchased the company.

Basically, they hacked for the purpose of showing people how insecure their things were, and that they needed their services.

The permissive intrusion studies they did were really cool (essentially allow the hacker in enough so as to watch and study them).

Found a reference to "[be97] R. Behar, "Who's Reading Your Email?" Fortune Magazine, February, 1997. "

Trying to find the article online somewhere.

Here's an archive, but no picture of my bro in this online version:

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/for...21526/index.htm

That was Texas optimism; all computer systems are different, and making Nutcracker succeed took longer. But WheelGroup has the requisite hacker talents--technical ingenuity and stare-at-the-screen obsessiveness--in abundance. Most of its founders are ex-military men who served in the Air Force Information Warfare Center; in 1994, four of them teamed up to capture one of the military's most notorious hackers.

FORTUNE saw the boast as a challenge. It took some time, but we found a well-regarded FORTUNE 500 company that was willing to serve as a guinea pig, provided its name wasn't disclosed. To make the exercise realistic, XYZ agreed that its chief of information systems would be kept on the sidelines; a team of computer experts from the Coopers & Lybrand accounting firm was retained to monitor the break-in and safeguard XYZ's computers and data.

Before going to Wheelgroup my brother worked for N.S.A.

Cool stuff that he could never talk to me about... :twitch:

One of my favorite quotes from the article:

(FORTUNE Magazine) – This is it. We're in. There are things here I can now destroy. This is a good thing. The geek in me is happy. --Three hackers in San Antonio, 11:10 p.m.

Wheelgroup isn't really something anymore....

In 1998:

During the quarter, Cisco completed the acquisitions of LightSpeed International Inc., WheelGroup Corp. and NetSpeed Inc. for a total of $521 million.

Cisco ate them up.

In 1998:

During the quarter, Cisco completed the acquisitions of LightSpeed International Inc., WheelGroup Corp. and NetSpeed Inc. for a total of $521 million.

Cisco ate them up.

I hope someone eats me up like that. I could finally pony up for admin.

In 1998:

Cisco ate them up.

I was more referring to the fact that I had heard of them before. Never did know about that particular Cisco acquisition though.