H.O.P.E. - New York

Cobalt

... you sure that's what it stands for? Not... Healthy Obese Peoples Extremests? or Hot Oval Pie Exbition? Or even Huggers Of Pancake & Eggos?

BTW Frosted chocolate fudge poptarts... bad idea for breakfast... i dunno how I ate them as a kid or if I even ate them as a kid. :unsure:

I'm only going if i can bring a baseball bat...

hah you guys are funny!!!

Hackers have done much more good for the computing industry than you think... A hacker is someone who finds a different solution to a problem that has already been solved. As soon as distributed computing/networking came about a few of these people saw they could benefit from their skills...

As far as spyware, and virusis you get on your computer, that is not from hackers. A sophmore in the computer science department could write any of those, all he has to do is find some shmuck to install it. :)

Any large scale meeting like this will have to have people that hack to show big corporations just how bad their software is *cough*microsoft*cough*. I'msure there will be a few of the guys that can reverse engineer the Counter Strike Source Code, so they can easily write 3rd party tools to help them play, but you would never find them.

Anywho, you should thank the hackers out there.

Last I heard of 2600 was about in 8th grade, ill have to read up on them.

The correct term is malicious hackers - those that create programs that destroy files, system stability, etc. Some people just call them hackers, though hacking is not always wrong - modding is the exact same thing as hacking, really.

I'm only going if i can bring a baseball bat...

hah you guys are funny!!!

Hackers have done much more good for the computing industry than you think... A hacker is someone who finds a different solution to a problem that has already been solved. As soon as distributed computing/networking came about a few of these people saw they could benefit from their skills...

As far as spyware, and virusis you get on your computer, that is not from hackers. A sophmore in the computer science department could write any of those, all he has to do is find some shmuck to install it. :)

Any large scale meeting like this will have to have people that hack to show big corporations just how bad their software is *cough*microsoft*cough*. I'msure there will be a few of the guys that can reverse engineer the Counter Strike Source Code, so they can easily write 3rd party tools to help them play, but you would never find them.

Anywho, you should thank the hackers out there.

Last I heard of 2600 was about in 8th grade, ill have to read up on them.

A hacker finds ways of getting into a big companies computer system, so he can tell them how he exploited it and how they can patch it up so its more secure, so hackers are good. But if you go back to the start of this whole problem, if hackers wern't here in the first place, then there would be no point in patching up a system for security exploits. Therefore, hackers = bad.

I'm going ride my pony into this building and start from the south. So we have north, south, east and west covered guys. Whos dropping down from the roof right into the middle?

... you sure that's what it stands for? Not... Healthy Obese Peoples Extremests? or Hot Oval Pie Exbition? Or even Huggers Of Pancake & Eggos?

BTW Frosted chocolate fudge poptarts... bad idea for breakfast... i dunno how I ate them as a kid or if I even ate them as a kid. :unsure:

What? Your still a kid... :)

this is just my personal thoughts but chances are a company like apple for example probably would be willing to pay money to hackers to exploit the flaws in a company like microsoft for example

did you know that the founder of mac was accused of stealing software from bill gates? you guys have to check out the documentary "The History of Hacking Documentary" and the "Outlaws_And_Angels" they are great.

A hacker finds ways of getting into a big companies computer system, so he can tell them how he exploited it and how they can patch it up so its more secure, so hackers are good. But if you go back to the start of this whole problem, if hackers wern't here in the first place, then there would be no point in patching up a system for security exploits. Therefore, hackers = bad.

I'm going ride my pony into this building and start from the south. So we have north, south, east and west covered guys. Whos dropping down from the roof right into the middle?

I don't agree.. A hacker has many definitions depending on who you ask, but a real hacker defintion is somewhere around, a person who finds solutions to a problem already solved.

If we didn't do malicous acts in this world it would be perfect. We wouldn't need gas station attendants, because we all know everyone would pay for the gas.

Look at it this way...

How many of you guys would drive in the HOV lane, if you KNEW you wouldn't get caught. It is illegal and you may get caught, hence we have police officers...

How many of you would access your Office server to browse payroll files on port 8564 if you KNEW wouldn't get caught, it is illegal and you may get caught, hence why we have firewalls and intrusion detection systems.

your dreaming of a perfect world when you say that there would be no use for true hackers...