Make NE the SK server?

Fatty

Nothing's wrong with it. Let's see, discussion:

I can only speak for myself, but I dislike scoutzknivez. I'll play it in the aim server for a few rounds, but I cry like a little girl. I guess some possibilities could be:

Deathmatch?

24/7 Alivemetal?

24/7 Iceworld?

24/7 any other map (i.e. dust2, office)?

Not sure how popular 24/7 map servers are in general, but I dislike them. I know that if we made NE a 24/7 dust, office, whatever, it would be very unlikely that I'd play on that server.

But, I also know that there are several servers like that out there, so there must be a niche for it. Only thing to consider if we go that route: will we have enough GC regs/admins who will want to play that map (whatever it is) over and over again to ensure that the server stays clean?

I can understand that, I generally don't play a lot of 24/7, but when NE was stock/scopeless it didn't pan out so well. We already have stock, scopeless, and aim, I don't know where else we should go. I guess Scoutzknivez is fine, I was just trying to offer some other suggestions. Maybe a surf_maps server? And I really wonder about 24/7 Alivemetal. Maybe jsut a pistol/shottie server?

I actually kinda liked it when it was no awp/auto, but admit it didn't get a lot of traffic. On a side note, it was nice to have a slow server when I was showing my nephew how to play cs:s, and helping him get his mic working, and whatnot. :D After we played a while, a couple other gc's hopped in, along with some pubbers, but it still never got more than 5 per side on italy that day.

If its a mod server, I think deathmatch is def the way to go.

Short list of maps on an extended rotation. They can be fun for awhile. Whereas with SK..once youve done it, youve done it. Same weapon, same map. Forever.

Since the NE server is on a better system/route, lets use it. Since its better from the ground up, it'd be worth a bit of a push that SK isnt getting.

I think we can do the 24/7, but do it on a rotation of weekly or something. Can we put the zombie option back into it, I have played with a lot of reg's asking if we could enable zombies at some time. This is of course late zombies in their own right...hehe. Really I would love to see 24/7 with cool maps on a weekly rotation or new customs that come out. I would be willing to get the maps together, etc...just my thoughts... :P

or turn it into a Battlegrounds 2 Source mod... :)

no this isn't battlefield 2....its Battleground 2 a Revolutionary war mod.

It think we should look at both ideas I really the BG2 idea shazz..maybe put it to a vote fatty or run a try of a few weeks of each and see what people like??

the servers too far out east for most of the westies to have a reasonable ping. but if it were closer (can we get a freebie in chicago?), i'd vote, protest, rally, and march for a .gc deathmatch server. it's STILL css, just with faster respawning, great aim practice, and more likely to draw real traffic.

http://www.game-monitor.com/search.php?rul...ull=&showEmpty=

http://www.bgmod.com/ :wiggle2:

Anonymo and I had a blast the other day shooting and stabbing each other on this mod. Fun! Of course it is one shot...then reload.lolol But still a blast. Even better when you have a pistol and a sword...or just use your bayonet.

I like playing this mod...but there are only a few servers and when I want to play this game I have to wait for a spot to open. This mod would advertise our servers, because of the limited BG2 servers out there.

Just incase anyone was wondering...I'm down for whatever...BG2 is fun, shazzz seems to not cover his six so it's easy to shoot him in the back :D

But I'd like to see the deathmatch mod make a comeback...I'd really like to see more people get into the AWP/Auto less scene cause I know the public servers out there are always packed but I'll take whatever I can get

I think right now there is a lul in players generally...all the MW servers have seemed a little slow lately

I've also been pondering the idea of custom weapon restrictions for certain maps...like pistols/shotties only for assault and pistols/smgs only for dust (just as examples)