z3ro needs some real hlp

Z3RO

ok so i got a photo tickct for running a red light. wut i need to no is wut am i supossed to do it says i have to request a court date by sending a certified letter or registerd letter. i have no idea wut to do and this could result in me losing my licence. ill be greatful for any hlp or even any thjing to cheer me up.

thnx in advance

-Z3R0

I'm no expert on US law, but it would seem to me that you have two choices. One is to plead guilty by mailing the requested fine amount. The second is to send a letter to the court clerk saying that you are disputing the ticket and would like to have a court date assigned in order to plead your case. You should make a copy of that letter for your records. You then address the letter to the court clerk whose address should be on the ticket. Take that letter to your local post office and ask to have it sent be certified or register mail. That's all you need to do as far as I know.

Once the clerk gets the letter a date should be assigned and you then attend court on that date. That will be your chance to say, gee judge, it wasn't me who ran the light, it was someone else. After that, you're at the mercy of the judge.

I wish you luck.

its not tht i want to say hay it wasnt me cus it was me. its jus how it happended. looking at hte map lost in san fran next minute im off the 101 in rual sanfran runnig a red light thnx for the hlp il be sending out a letter. soon.

I'm hoping you are not from the US or American because of your poor typing skills in Englilsh...

However, you need to set up a court date or just pay the fine. I know in Michigan, you can either plead guilty, guilty with explanation, or innocent. You get points on your license if you plead either of the first two. However, you are in BIG trouble if you don't respond at all to the ticket. I know in Michigan you can call in a court date, etc.

I'm hoping you are not from the US or American because of your poor typing skills in Englilsh...

However, you need to set up a court date or just pay the fine. I know in Michigan, you can either plead guilty, guilty with explanation, or innocent. You get points on your license if you plead either of the first two. However, you are in BIG trouble if you don't respond at all to the ticket. I know in Michigan you can call in a court date, etc.

English*

Sorry this is off topic...but sadly, most people type like that on-line. I for one am a proponent of proper grammar, or at least spelling; however, I find I have few allies.

Well Zero, seems like you know what you are going to do.

(edited)

You need to buy that spray paint that blurs the digital camera's picture that it takes.. NOFX showed me a link to the radar detector he bought and they sold the blur spray.. Oh yeah the spray looks normal to cops though..

Edited by Batman

its not tht i want to say hay it wasnt me cus it was me. its jus how it happended. looking at hte map lost in san fran next minute im off the 101 in rual sanfran runnig a red light thnx for the hlp il be sending out a letter. soon.

Sometimes these strike me funny. I read this as "Your Honor, I didn't purposely run the light, I was just driving recklessly by not paying attention." :)

Anyway, if this were here, and you were asking my advice, I'd ask what your driving record is like and what benefit there might be to fighting it. If you rarely get tickets, I'd say pay it. If it put you at risk of losing your license, I'd say set a court date and let the prosecutor know your predicament. They're generally reasonable; just remember you have to be reasonable too.

thnx fro all the hlp i have to set a court date not shure how many points ur allowed and seeing as i have to and think ur allowed three. a red light vilation is maditory 2 points i hav to go to court. the pidture of me driving is relly terrible all u can make out is my chin. but it was a company truck so long story short im more thn willing to pay the fine i just cant get the points because driving is how i make money. but any wasy thnx agin.

Z3RO

P.s.

never was good at english grammer or spelling. so give me a break im tierd of hearing about it. thnx agin for all teh hlp.

For some reason i want to puke when i read zero's typing... I feel dizzy trying to understand what he's trying to say. How about a courtesy proof read...

Or heck copy and paste your post into a word document a run a quick spell check.

K Thx

P.s.

never was good at english grammer or spelling. so give me a break im tierd of hearing about it. thnx agin for all teh hlp.

Well, I certainly won't add to the verbal spanking you've received so far. However, I will note you've had offers of courtesy proofreads. If you haven't sent that letter in requesting a court date yet, I highly recommend you take people up on those offers. Heck, I'll even throw my hat in the ring here. Since this is a pretty important court case for you, it couldn't hurt to take every advantage and mitigate every possible problem.

I got lucky when I was driving trucks and got away with a warning after almost running a cop off the road, and I was sweating bullets when I got pulled over, so I feel for ya.

(edited)

If I was ZERO, I would defintely not type his response to the court, if his handwritting skills are similar, I would hire someone from these boards to spend a week to decode the Z3R0speak and write the letter for him.

Edited by NOFX

Stop having a go at the guy, its not his fault if his spelling and grammer are not his strong point! Give him a break and stop being harsh, upsetting and rude.

there's a difference between not being good at spelling and/or grammar, and just being lazy and giving me a headache :P

While I agree that it is painful and I also made a comment in the other topic, I believe the point has been made.

Hopefully Z3ro will make an attempt at making his posts more pleasant to read, but no more hazing will be necessary.

Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guests
(edited)
You need to buy that spray paint that blurs the digital camera's picture that it takes.. NOFX showed me a link to the radar detector he bought and they sold the blur spray.. Oh yeah the spray looks normal to cops though..

Just don't break the law and you don't have to buy silly blur sprays. That's my tax dollars paying for your court case. It amazes me how bad drivers in this country are. I don't get out a whole lot but I definitly see them and hear them outside here in Detroit. I hate everything about cars and I hate driving them, too many people take them for granted and think they have the right to drive however they please. Let this ticket be a lesson. Next time you might not even be here to ask for advice. I don't mean to sound mean or to "haze" you but it's the truth. Too many people lose their lives thinking the laws don't apply to them.

Edited by ash-