Which Board?

So I've been looking at both Asus's Deluxe and Premium boards. I think I like the layout of the premium a little more, but can you guys give me some thoughts on them? I cant decide which one to get out of the two. BTW, for the deluxe it's the one WITHOUT the fan cooled chipset that I was looking at.

Incase it matters, I will be using my pc for gaming, of course, but also for music rec and production, probably a little bit of graphics (video editting, etc) and the like. I like to use my pc for a lot of different things. I'd appreciate some guidance! :D thanks

-Dark.

personally I am a big fan of ATI so I decided to go with the asus a8r32mvp delux board. It was a little more expensive than it's SLI somparitive but I wanted an x1900xtx anyway and the ability to link another x1900xtx later.

So far I have noticed the board being completely stable. Asus is the best in my opinion, and if you OC your stuff it's pretty easy.

If you are leaning towards the SLI for an Nvidia video card set-up, the better reviews seem to point at Premium, but you MUST update the bios before getting into it very far. This is also the case with the crossfire board.

Hope this helps

You want the Asus A8N-SLI PREMIUM not the Deluxe.

Asus A8N-SLI

Asus A8N-SLI DELUXE

Asus A8N-SLI PREMIUM

The board starts with one 4 channel set NVRAID controller, single Gigabit Ethernet, and crappy northbridge cooling fan. When you upgrade to the Deluxe you get Dual Gigabit Ethernet, a second 4channel RAID controller, same northbridge fan, and SPDIF on the back. When you upgrade to the premium its still Dual Ethernet, 2x sets of 4 channel RAID, SPDIF out, but you lose the crappy fan and get Asus heatpipe cooling for the northbridge. The price difference is normally minimal enough where it justifies purchasing the Premium. I have built countless systems with that board and never had a single problem with it.

Thanks Cobalt! Yeah, I am now officially sold on the Premium to be sure! :D

Yes, new pc it is (except case of course, remember i'm the xaser 3 dude) ;)

NOFX, thanks, but i do want something to last the next few years, not just 1 or 2 :P, and the hobo thing... yeah it was just a play on words. Luckily i'm not a hobo... or am i????

Thanks again Cobalt!!!!!!

Thanks Cobalt! Yeah, I am now officially sold on the Premium to be sure! :D

Yes, new pc it is (except case of course, remember i'm the xaser 3 dude) ;)

NOFX, thanks, but i do want something to last the next few years, not just 1 or 2 :P, and the hobo thing... yeah it was just a play on words. Luckily i'm not a hobo... or am i????

Thanks again Cobalt!!!!!!

Personally I don't see there is much difference, I have the premium and unless in building a rig you sold your soul, or other very important objects I would go with that.

Yeah, that Premium board is the one I recommend to everyone. Unless you do sell your sould like I did and get the A8N32SLI-Deluxed but that is just an erroneous expensive for even the most hardcore of gamers. In any event, if you need any more help dude do not hesitate to ask! Have fun with the new machine it is going to be smokin fast!

Yeah, that Premium board is the one I recommend to everyone. Unless you do sell your sould like I did and get the A8N32SLI-Deluxed but that is just an erroneous expensive for even the most hardcore of gamers. In any event, if you need any more help dude do not hesitate to ask! Have fun with the new machine it is going to be smokin fast!

Isn't this the best SLI board?

Isn't this the best SLI board?

Yeah it is, hence the "selling your soul" part. Most people don't want to choke down the cost of that board and would prefer the premium which only lacks 8-phase power and x16 SLI

Yeah it is, hence the "selling your soul" part. Most people don't want to choke down the cost of that board and would prefer the premium which only lacks 8-phase power and x16 SLI

The difference is only $30

Wow. I was looking in the POS station at my work and the price difference here is like $115. If you want to get the uberest board Dark Archon the A8N32-SLI DELUXE is actually better then the A8N-SLI PREMIUM because it has 8 phase power, X16SLI, and a longer heatpipe. In the end it is really about whether or not you want to spend the extra money.

Newegg has a 1 day sale on the A8N-SLI PREMIUM for $154 and the A8N32-SLI DELUXE is $200

Hmmm... I'll have to ponder a bit more then. First off, I'm in Canada, so I cant order NewEgg :bang: stupid newegg... what were they thinking!!!! they could make a lot more money if only they'd ship to canada...

So I suppose I'll check around for price differences here, and see what I can come up with. Again, thanks.

Hmmm... I'll have to ponder a bit more then. First off, I'm in Canada, so I cant order NewEgg :bang: stupid newegg... what were they thinking!!!! they could make a lot more money if only they'd ship to canada...

So I suppose I'll check around for price differences here, and see what I can come up with. Again, thanks.

Hehehehe. Like I said, there really isn't too much of a huge difference between the Premium and the 32Deluxe except the cost and the bragging rights.

Well, I'm now still leaning towards the Premium. I hate the layout of that other board unfortunately. Especially if i eventually have dual 7900 gtx's. Then i'd have one CRAMPED pci slot left, which makes no sense to me. very poor design imho :(

Well, I'm now still leaning towards the Premium. I hate the layout of that other board unfortunately. Especially if i eventually have dual 7900 gtx's. Then i'd have one CRAMPED pci slot left, which makes no sense to me. very poor design imho :(

Hehehhe....BUT THE BRAGGING RIGHTS! I bought mine because of stability with the "8 Phase Power" and I eventually plan to add a second 7900GTX 512 to it for SLI and the true x16 will be nice. Like I said though, the a8n-sli premium is a rock solid amazing board.