UT2007 Stage Demo

HWarrior

(edited)

E3 Stage Demos Click on Unreal Tournament 2007 E3 2006 Stage Show Demonstration. About 13 mins but has good detail about how Warfare mode will work. After 3:30 minute mark or so they start showing the game.

Video highlights:

3:30 Footage starts showing terrain

4:05 Weapons locker & base

4:39 Terrain destruction?!?

5:20 Hover boards! Woot! Hopefully this means no more walking across those huge BACONing maps.

6:20 Hellbender. Seems pretty quick and responsive

6:35 Goliath drive-by

6:58 New Turret shooting at Necris vehics.

7:45 Talks about Vehicle CTF with Vehics and Hoverboards instead of translocators. No weapon while on hoverboard. :(

7:50 Walkers!!! Run for the hills!!!

11:15 Talks about match making & clan support within the game??? Will help noobs know which servers to join based on skill level. Hopefully that'll cut down on the "Wentz Hacks" comments. :)

Edited by HWarrior

Video highlights:

3:30 Footage starts showing terrain

Lovely terrain.

4:05 Weapons locker & base

4:39 Terrain destruction?!?

Very nice

5:20 Hover boards!

Those look like a blast! Faster than walking/double jumping, slower than a manta. I can see the attraction as well with the latch-line for hitching rides - but straight up hoverboard use looks like fun.

6:20 Hellbender. Seems pretty quick and responsive

Remarkably quick and responsive - more like a big scorpion. And the sky mines now *fly* out the turret!

6:35 Goliath drive-by

6:58 New Turret shooting at Necris vehics.

7:45 Talks about Vehicle CTF with Vehics and Hoverboards instead of translocators. No weapon while on hoverboard. :(

7:50 Walkers!!! Run for the hills!!!

So looking forward to a doubling of the vehicle count. The new Paladin looks fine though I am still not a fan of the Cicada (which pretty much looks like what is there in UT2004 now - hope they fix the movement)

And yes - those walkers.... :)

11:15 Talks about match making & clan support within the game???

Hopefully this will still allow for server providers (us!) to set the parameters of difficulty - I would *hate* to see them shunting players automatically to servers of perceived similar skill level of the player. Need lots more info here.

Good idea on building in a mods browser into the game directly - will help immensely!

The big question for this community will be how this shakes out server-wise. Onslaught and Warfare are two diff. gametypes. I doubt we will shoot out the gate with two servers. Hopefully we can easily set up a rotation of ons/warfare gametypes on the server. Or better yet, we have enough demand for both. Irrelevant at the moment until we actually see how this stuff plays out.

I'm wondering if we will get the demo in November and the full game in the spring. If this puppy is directly tied to DX10 and DX10 is avail only with Vista that may explain some of the delays (lets them polish more but man, I had a community build of Vista from march - M$had a lot to work on yet from what I saw...)

-Fk

If this puppy is directly tied to DX10 and DX10 is avail only with Vista that may explain some of the delays (lets them polish more but man, I had a community build of Vista from march - M$had a lot to work on yet from what I saw...)

WHAT?!

Only with Vista?

...That just ruins my chance of playing the game.

First of all I would like to say this, WHO PUT HER IN CHARGE OF THAT INTERVIEW!!! :bang::o Who ever did, they are FIRED!!

Ok now about the video. I am so stoked about this thing, yes, the bender did seem very responsive. As far as the Necris vehicles, they look amazing. I too am hoping they leave the match making and clan support up to the servers and the individuals. Like I always say, you are only as good as your competition, I totaly understand getting thrashed by other players but it makes me strive on coming up with alternatives to combating them. I think the warfare is gonna be great, I don't mind a whole different style of gameplay.

Overall, :boing::boing::luxhello::luxhello::peace::peace: I LOVE IT AND CAN'T WAIT!!!

Last thing, WHO PUT HER IN CHARGE OF THAT INTERVIEW!!! :=

(edited)

All the interviewers for the stage demos are horrible!!! During the AGEIA PhysX stage demo, they just cut off the CEO right as he was about to show more stuff. TERRIBLE!

BTW, get your AGEIA PhysX card for the low low price of $299! WHAT?!?!? That's more than my vid card. Oh well...

I wonder if anyone has built a 800Watt+ gaming beast yet with 2 7900GTX's, Aegia Physix, & 805D overclocked to 4GHz. :o

Edited by HWarrior

They had better not tie DX10 to vista. I was finally forced to upgrade to XP, was going to wait until vista but no, microsoft studios is embedding version detection software in their games now. In any case if UT2007 is Vista only I won't be playing. I will not buy a new operating system every couple of years.

They had better not tie DX10 to vista. I was finally forced to upgrade to XP, was going to wait until vista but no, microsoft studios is embedding version detection software in their games now. In any case if UT2007 is Vista only I won't be playing. I will not buy a new operating system every couple of years.

Why? I'm glad to finally be free of XP

I really should feel pity... College types at most univeristies get XP for "Free" along with Office, VisualB, etc. "Free" of course if you disregard your tuition. Faculty get the stuff free (for real) as well.

Corporate builds so no Genuine Assurance nonsense either

-Fk

Nice video, love the walkers!

The demo should have been out by now, I think someone else is paying the bills at this point. Yeah, if we have to upgrade to Vista just to play UT7, it will cause a major kink. I've read up on Vista and there is no reason it's for me. I've been ruinning XP for 2 years now and it does fine.

I don't think Vista is going to be the issue. According to the video they are testing it on a wide variety of systems. I don't think any of us will have a problem. However, i am more concerned with the whole graphics thing. If they think I am going to spend another $300 on a Phyxs card they can go sit. That I won't be doing. I think it will all be ok, I really don't think that UT will make everyone have to go out an buy a bunch of new upgrades just to play this game. I think they would lose to many people and revenue off something like that.

I agree with Bushwack, where are the demos!!!

I don't think Vista is going to be the issue. According to the video they are testing it on a wide variety of systems. I don't think any of us will have a problem. However, i am more concerned with the whole graphics thing. If they think I am going to spend another $300 on a Phyxs card they can go sit. That I won't be doing. I think it will all be ok, I really don't think that UT will make everyone have to go out an buy a bunch of new upgrades just to play this game. I think they would lose to many people and revenue off something like that.

I agree with Bushwack, where are the demos!!!

I have never heard in all my perusal of the internets any hint that UT2007 is going to be "tied" to DX10. However, DX10 will ship with Vista, last I heard. I just read an article today about system requirements for people running UT2007 in various "modes" (i.e. ultra quality, high quality etc...). The game will support Shader model 3.0, HDR lighting, and normal pixel maps, but no mention of any DX10 support. The earliest I've even heard of DX10 compatible hardware is at the very end of 2006 or early 2007 when Vista ships. That means, if you buy a GPU now, then it is only DX9 compat....however, 7-8 months later, DX10 stuff should be coming out. I wonder...Probably be a good 4-6 months after that, when software developers begin to take advantage.

From what I read, if you have a X800 series ATI or 6800 nvidia, then UT2007 should run OK...if you are better than that, then you are good...specially with 2 GB of ram and mutithreaded processor (dual core). I saw a site that said "significant" gains with dual core proc.