Time to conform and join the work force

Xterminator

As some of you know i have successfully finished college in the field of Electronic Engineering Technology (also known as telecommunications).

Had an interview few weeks ago. Just got confirmation for the job and i start monday. Yup i'll be joining the work force like the rest of you, :( ah well it had to happen sometime :D

Dont worry though i will still be playing CS regularly watch out for flying p00 (and mis-aimed grenades)

congrats! for whom and doing what?

and poop grade umbrellas are on backorder!

thankfully, i ordered mine in time. Its been a real *four letter word starting with s" storm around here lately

What a coincidence, i came here to post my joining the workforce as well, and seen this post before i did. I start monday also, at a local Cell provider called Revol, as a switch technician. Basically I will work at the NOC and troubleshoot problems, upgrade servers, and call field tech's if there is a valid problem out at a site. Im interested in hearing the kind of work Xterminator will be doing as well.

(edited)

thanks for all the warm welcomes

I'll be working for a local company called ComDev. They specialize in switches and multiplexers for space satellites. They also have a some ties into the military with contracts. My position is only a technician position even though i'm a technologist but hey you gotta start somewhere. I'll be doign a lot of testing and verifying of equipment at Microwave frequencies. They're very security tight, i had an extensive background check done on me, criminal history, had to account for the last 5 years of my life etc stuff like that. I got my security clearance today so that's good stuff.

As for salary i start off at 34k (canadian) which isn't bad for fresh out of college. I have my diploma not my degree.

My program has one of the highest success rates for employment after graduation. To tell you the truth most of us already had jobs lined up while we were finishing up our last semester.

The job is a 1 year contract (probably to get my feet wet). They will most likely extend it when it gets closer to the expiry date. I'll see how i like the job. I wanted to work for RIM (blackberry guys, they're local too, they're based out of my city). A lot of my friends are working there and it's a great place to have a job. Monthos congrats on your job too!

Edited by Xterminator