Beer. Do you like it? What kind? Suggestions For People?

Guest Dude-

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(edited)

Dude-

Hmmm..... take the glasses off of the guy on the Rogue bottle and it

might look like Fatty.

Is this a coincidence?

We need to have a BeerFest.

Edited by Dingy

Guest Dude-
Guest Dude-
Guest Dude-
Guests

Yeah the Stripper Ale wasnt even all that great...but a bottle like that? "The Sexiest Beer in the World?" What guy wouldn't buy it?

Beerfest! Im all about it! Second week of August, Colorado Springs. Its the finals for my biking race season so Ill have about 10 cases of Lagunitas on hand. Everyone is welcome.

My two favorite domestics are Yuengling and Rolling Rock, but also somewhat biased being from Philly.

Also can't forget natty light... being a college student thats what I get the privilege of consuming the most of

GC Alumni
(edited)

Beer tastes all the same to me for some reason... I've had a few different brands, and they all taste the same. But Miller tasted the best of what I've had.

I'd rather have a mixed drink... but only when I'm legal to do so... until then, I'll just have the occasional beer in my house.

Edited by JackieChan

Beer tastes all the same to me for some reason... I've had a few different brands, and they all taste the same. But Miller tasted the best of what I've had.

I'd rather have a mixed drink... but only when I'm legal to do so... until then, I'll just have the occasional beer in my house.

Ack...achhh...ewwww...

I don't even know what to say to that...

You need to mature your tastebuds a bit...then post.

*choke* :freak:

Cleanup! Aisle 1!

back to my budlight and coronas :hug:

Corona tastes like dirty dishwater, i never understood how anyone drank that rancid stuff. I know....I know....someone is gonna post "its good with lime in it", well......thats fine for liquor, but this is BEER we are talking about, and beer should NEVER need anything added to it to make it drinkable!!

Ok, next rant. There are alot of different beers listed here, and not to single anyone out, but do some of you guys drink all of these strange beers just to be "trendy", kinda like all these Starbucks drinkers? Not an insult, a legitimate question.

I like alot of different beers too, but I am still quite content with a Miller Lite, I havent ever had a beer that made me say " Wow, im never buying regular beer again" lol.

Please please people...show some respect. We're talking about BEER here, not miller, bud, or corona! :D

Next, Please spell GUINNESS correctly!

Thanks.

All hail TEK.

I apologize; I'll let you kill me a couple of times. Then I'll still misspell it!

I generally stay away from the domestics. I find that imports, domestics and non-Coronas taste better.

I also find that my body doesn't react well to the domestics either (it's either the yeast, the grain or the

process). The funny thing is that the mexcian bud is Tecate. I love weißbeer (belgian whites, etc..),

but I can't drink it - the yeast and the wheat is very bad. I'll use my lime for G&T (but good Gin please).

Thinking about it, the best beer I had was in Honduras (Roatan actually). It may have been that it was hot

and we had a craving, but we tried the local brew and found that it was great and had a good taste - and

cost $.50 per bottle. Could have got it for $.25 on the mainland. For the life of me I can't remember the

name of it though....

Nope, I don't drink beer to be trendy. I drink what I like - and it is even better if I can go get it at the local

beer mart (well, party store) at a reasonable price.

Miller Lite? I'll either look for a good na beer or drink something else. Sorry, personal pref.

clueless you ask a good question. I like to try different beers just because i like to have something different once and a while. But i do have my regular fav which is Molson Canadian (bottle, not can). I wont stop buying it, but i wont stop tasting other beers.

(edited)
Sometimes I spell things like Guinness wrong.. I also have trouble with words like thick, nasty, and horrible. Discuss.

ROFL. Nuff said. Or did you mean disgusting? :biglaugha:

Edited by Dingy

A lot of my beer needs are met by the champagne of beers: Miller High Life. Frosty mmm mmm goodness.

Red Stripe, Michelob, heck even a Bud. I like lagers...but I also enjoy a good ale or stout...most anything as long as it's not a weiss. Ick.

I'm surprised how cold you drink a dark beer from that first picture. Don't go to England, cuz they ain't that warm.

The best brewery tour I've been on is the Heineken brewery in Amsterdam, but I like making my own beer.

We brewed up a batch of oatmeal stout in Chicago and had a party. It was very good, and strong...but the next morning...woh. Stinky gas. We had MANY complaints from girls the next day and we had a difficult time getting them to try the next batch!

We brewed up a batch of oatmeal stout

Hey a fellow fermenter. I'm more toward the meade side of things since I have a good supply of honey

(I keep the little buzzers). One of the best brews I did was with malt extract to make a nice

taste alike of Arrogant Bastard. Of course I can't find the recipe for the life of me (even the tweaks I did)

so I guess it's back to the drawing drinking board.

The problem I found with do-it-yourself is that you need to drink it pretty soon, and unfortunately that

amount of beer is a bit too much for one person plus a couple of friends. If we set the way-back machine

to years back it wouldn't have been a problem, but....

Anyway, I've been trying to get a kegerator (well, modify the old fridge), but my better half doesn't see

the need. Meade gets better with age, so if it lasts that long you can find better ways of hiding it away.

Of course, I haven't stooped to the illegal side of the fence yet to do any distallation, but am waiting

for the chance at making a fine beverage (and one definately NOT suitable for your vehicle) and

resuirrecting the distallation apparatus. And for those of you who don't know, the plans are readilt

available on the net.

Sometimes I spell things like Guinness wrong.. I also have trouble with words like thick, nasty, and horrible. Discuss.

We'll forgive you for being young and full of vim and vinegar...

Other than that, I can only assume that you have no idea what you are talking about...

Like if I had been to a far off distant land, and been presented with the local, costly, intricate and time-honored delicacy, then turned my nose at it saying, "ugg, this taste like poop!"...

I suggest you gain an understanding of what real beer is, then gain an appreciation for it, then come and discuss your distaste for Guinness, based on its merits as a beer. It is sorta like me discussing my distaste for Limburger cheese. Yep, only had it coupleof times, don't get it, but I certainly wouldn't tell someone who'd been eating and appreciating it for a dozen year that it was crap...I'd be out of my league.

eh?