THE OFFICIAL WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING TOPIC

[DLM]->Fish

__ Computer

__ Monitor

__ Keyboard

__ Mouse

__ Mousepad

__ Joystick

__ Headphones (please do not bring speakers)

__ Headphones (I put this twice cause several people forget each year)

__ Any external drives you might need

__ All of your cables (power usb ect ect)

__ Network cable (RJ45 at least 10')

__ Install disks for your system (you never know what might happen)

__ Game install and play disks

__ Surge protector or UPS

__ Extension Cord (make sure its 3 prong and 25' long)

__ Your NOTARIZED parent permission slip (if under the age of 18 but not younger than 16)

__ Money

__ Your photo id

__ Pop and or Beer

__ Cooler (please mark your name on the top)

__ Snacks (if you want to bring group snacks we will have a table set up)

__ Swimming trunks (if you plan on going to the quarry)

__ Golf clubs

__ Anyone you were supposed to car pool with

2 weeks before Fragfest

__ Update your hardware drivers

__ Update windows and play all the games to work out any bugs

Right before you turn off your computer to pack it up

__ Update Steam and the other games that you have

__ Update your virus software and definitions (you will have to run your anti-virus before you can plug in to the network)

If I forgot anything please let me know and I will add it in

Print for an easy check list

Edited by [DLM]->Fish

(edited)
Should deoderant also be a requirement?

Why are you French?? := Then yes please :D

for those of us renting comps will we still need to bring cable etc? Also for lan purposes the games we install, will we be able to borrow some games from peeps?

I am unsure of this I have to find out from Duke

Edited by [DLM]->Fish

Ive never thought of this before cause rarely people enjoy them. I have a wireless Lazer Mouse is there ever issues with conflicting signals at LAN Parties this big or all they all on a different signal (which I hightly doubt they would go through that trouble considering Microsoft made this one). Just curious if I should get used to another mouse now.

:huh:

Ive never thought of this before cause rarely people enjoy them. I have a wireless Lazer Mouse is there ever issues with conflicting signals at LAN Parties this big or all they all on a different signal (which I hightly doubt they would go through that trouble considering Microsoft made this one). Just curious if I should get used to another mouse now.

not that I have ever seen or heard of

:huh:

Happend to me once, can't remember if it was at a LAN or in the dorms. I think someone had the same mouse as I, the problem was solved by resetting the mouse, or moving the receiver closer to the mouse...

That happed quite some time ago, so I can't exactly remember the details. I wouldn't worry about signal interferance.

I have had problems with my brother, because we have the same wireless mice and keyboards, but to fix it all we did was push the signal button. So if there are any problems, I think if you just push the button on the wireless thing, it changes which mouse the signal goes to. Or sumthing like that.

I personally wouldn't trust that your signal will remain connected the entire time, but then again I'm not sure how many people plan on using a wireless mouse this year. If you can handle everyone pointing and laughing at you when you loose the tournament on account of having to change your batteries, then go for it! I'm also pretty sure there will be spare corded mice lying around, but they may have balls, if you can handle it... :freak:

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

If I can find a way to make it since Longhair gave me his seat, I will bring a few spare parts. PSU, Mouse, Keyboard, etc.

Are we aloud to bring our own chairs? I saw that in some of the previous FF's people had non-holiday inn chairs. Oh and another thing, are the Network Cables just the ones that you plug in your comp and a router?

Compaq ram sitting on my printer with my hotel reservation. :)

Worst case scenario, if I forget it, my lovely wife would be happy to drive the 30 mins or so to bring it to me. :wiggle2:

Ummmm...think again....and sucking up by calling me lovely will get you nowhere!

HAHAHA