It's Done!*

Assassinator

After nearly a year's span of work (a lot of off and on) on Subdivision, i've finally been able to run the final compile.

Which was a dandy, it took quite a long time for it to fully load.

Specifically, it took: 2 days, 20 hours, 35 minutes, and 27 seconds (or, 68 hours etc)

Unfortunately...an error in the skybox geometry I thought I fixed reoccured, and it really, shall we say,

ticked me off when I saw it again. Also there is one model (in the corner of the skybox, not very obvious) that is not working. I can explain why, if you anyone wants to know. Fortunately, you won't really notice it unless you are looking for it.

Finally, there is some random missing geometry that really has no effect on the gameplay as it is not accessible in any way to the player. In fact, I have no idea why it is missing, I may have accidently deleted it.

I will have some screenshots on these minor errors tomorrow, I just wanted to know if you folks feel it's ready for custom map night, or if I should spend 5 minutes to correct these errors, and then sacrifice my computer for nearly three days to load it.

Edited by Assassinator

Lol, I haven't seen it. It works fine. Though bots must not be programmed to use buttons, because they never use it.

I'll have some screens of the errors up in a few minutes here.

Post up a BSP or PM it to someone (I'm sure you've probably heard Ice is the man to talk to for Sat Night Customs). If it has 11 spawns per team it can probably get play.

I hope you mean at least 11 :P

Since I like to make my maps applicable for all situations (i.e. there are like 24 spawns per team).

I like the last pic. I hope the rest of the map is like that.

Actually, it pretty much is (as in the style) it's probably my most "consistent" map in terms of texture schemes and geometry meshing together in a nice way that makes everything seem "believable".

I am not sure if I just expressed what I wanted to say, but it sounds good.

goodness a 2 day compile time? NOTHING should take 2 days to compile. Heck compile your own version of Linux and it doesnt take that long. My guess is their compiler == the suck.

goodness a 2 day compile time? NOTHING should take 2 days to compile. Heck compile your own version of Linux and it doesnt take that long. My guess is their compiler == the suck.

That could be, in the past (for CS 1.5/1.6) i've used third-party compilers that I got through the VERC and they worked great. I don't know if anyone has made any decent ones for Source, though they probably have.

It's most likely a combination of my weak comp, and the compiler.

As far as posting the .bsp, should I add it as an attachment, or mail the appropriate person(s)?

Homogenous.

Thank you :luxhello: