Hi everyone

Hello all,

I'm sure that a lot of you have seen me playing in the servers for the past week or so. My name is Greg and I'm going to be a regular on this server from now on. It's a very well run server and the many admins are nice, yet they enforce the rules well. I've been looking to join a community and this one really impressed me.

My story is that I used to play in The Waste Lands community (http://www.wastelandsgaming.com/) and I was an admin and forum moderator there for about a year. Unfortunately, the two servers that we had going shut down because basically people stopped playing there. The forums are still up, but not nearly as active as they used to be. I don't really know why everyone left, I think it was a combination of disgust with the map rotation and some disagreements with the owner of the servers. Anyway, it shut down like 3 months ago and I hadn't really played CS since then, but lately I've gotten back into it. I'm a bit rusty right now, but I'm getting closer to my potential. I've played since 1.3 and have CAL experience in both the old CS and Source. It's nice to meet you all and I'll see you in the server. (Grenade kills are my specialty, I plan to be number one in grenade kills very soon)

nice man, thanks for taking the time to post. if you ever have any server suggestions (map rotations, custom maps, server settings), this is the place to voice em.

make yourself comfortable, and duke will be along shortly to take your drink order.

Geez, another one sneaks in without coming thru the "got banned" forums. <Time to crank it up and put the squeeze on these admins :D >

Welcome! Hope you enjoy your time with us.

BTW Duke, I need my margarita refreshed. Chop-chop.

Hey, Welcome!

BTW, what server were you on, or do you frequent? There's a thread in our private cellars about "Caught being good", and some unsolicited comments like this should be a "job well done" to the admins there.

Anyway, welcome, Lunk's got the tab for the first round.

EDIT: I'm clueless to where I clicked. :biglaugha:

Carry on.

hey Gman....... i enjoy playin with you in westcoast server and look forward to reading some of your inputs in the forums. Welcome in to the greatest community of gaming you'll ever play on...... I agree with you, gc has very well run servers with admins who enjoy keeping the servers competitive and fun. Stay for a bit and soak up the love.... :hug:

I like your name.

I shall steal it and give it to the fairy princess of ric3 land to claim her heart as my own!

And eat it with some ric3!

welcome <3

Oh and come check out the tWc fourms youll make me and GC a happy ric3 e4ter

GC being Garey Coleman of course.. who would think otherwise!!

Edited by ric3 e4ter

Thanks everyone, I can see that I'm going to like it here.

If you want to know a little about me, my name is Greg, I'm 21, and I live in the Bay Area (Pacifica). I go to Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, of course I'm on summer break right now. I plan to graduate in Spring 2007 with my BS in Computer Science. My AIM sn is GolfDude892. My XBOX Live account name is TheGMan84 if anyone wants to play some Table Tennis or something. Uh, I guess that's about it for now...

<signazi scans GMan's sig>

I love golf.

I love gaming.

I live with a wife and 3 girls, a girl cat, and a girl dog. Chances are my fish are female.

God would be another nice G to add into the list!

Cool, yeah let me know if you get in, I can show you around the town.

I'm talking to some of my old clan members that used to play in The Waste Lands community and trying to get them to join here. They are all great guys and are top quality players. Hopefully we see a few more new faces here in the next few days.

Guest Dude-
Guest Dude-
Guest Dude-
Guests
Welcome to the GC g-man.

Great to have ya.

Hope you feal at home here.

hey gman. glad you are making gc your home. i felt the same way. i always enjoy playing when your on.

I used to play at Wastelands and TooL before stumbling across GC. Initially, I hated GC because they put a halt to my rampant swearing (which I still do in real life), but I loved GC because of the strong (but not too strong) admin influence. Cheating / being a tard / etc. doesn't last very long on our servers, even late at night... something I could not say about The Wastelands when I visited there.

I'm not sure if I saw you in the Wastelands servers, but I've played against you on ours and I must comment: you're OK.

Oh... and yes... WHAT HAPPENED to the Wastelands? If I remember right, their traffic was even better than ours.

Addendum: You've played since 1.3? Wow. *thinks to self* I supposed I've had it rough. I never started playing CS until SOURCE. I forget that this game has been out for years and years before I picked it up.

I grew up on Quake and Duke Nukem.

Edited by J. Dunlavy

I used to play at Wastelands and TooL before stumbling across GC. Initially, I hated GC because they put a halt to my rampant swearing (which I still do in real life), but I loved GC because of the strong (but not too strong) admin influence. Cheating / being a tard / etc. doesn't last very long on our servers, even late at night... something I could not say about The Wastelands when I visited there.

I'm not sure if I saw you in the Wastelands servers, but I've played against you on ours and I must comment: you're OK.

Oh... and yes... WHAT HAPPENED to the Wastelands? If I remember right, their traffic was even better than ours.

Addendum: You've played since 1.3? Wow. *thinks to self* I supposed I've had it rough. I never started playing CS until SOURCE. I forget that this game has been out for years and years before I picked it up.

I grew up on Quake and Duke Nukem.

Ah, I used to play at TooL too! Don't think I ran into a Dunlavy back then though. :unsure: