JackieChan

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GC Alumni
(edited)

Well, read up guys, because I'm giving this fan-fic a Phoenix Down!

----------

Jim, Misery, and Baraqel each walked slowly down the hallway away from the elevator. Jim sighed as he played back Tatsuhiko's last words in his head, "You're *cough* in command now..."

Jim raised his head and said, "You know, I hate to do such a thing, but it'd be best if we go into two separate groups."

"Split up?! Why?!" Baraqel said.

"...don't... don't question me. I'll go off by myself. If we find anything important, let's... let's group up back here." Baraqel knitted his eyebrows. "That's not a very smart command."

"Listen. You're a civilian. I'm in charge here until we get out of here. Go with Misery and take the passageway." Jim stopped and pointed down the hallway. "...don't let your power get to your head." Baraqel took Misery by the hand and led her down the hallway. Misery jerked her hand out of his grasp and tightened her grip on her weapon.

As soon as the two of them were out of sight, a dam broke from under Jim's eyes. Tears jetted down his face as he leaned his forehead against the cold, concrete wall. Why... why did this have to happen?!

Jim walked back to the elevator. He stopped before the entrance and shivered before he peered inside. What the heck?! Jim looked left and right inside the elevator. Tatsuhiko's body was no where to be found. Jim peeked his head inside and saw nothing out of the ordinary. Jim stepped out of the elevator and went down the right-hand hallway. He opened a metal door and walked inside. The room gave off a deep red glow and there were steam tanks and the like everywhere.

hissssss

Jim hugged the wall as he slowly crept through the room. Suddenly, he heard a loud metal clanging and a ventilation grate flew off and smashed on the floor behind Jim. Jim turned around and looked up and saw the things that attacked them in the elevator crawl quickly out of the vent shaft. Jim ran around a corner and found a door. He opened it and slammed it behind him. Jim sighed, then he heard a gun rooster behind him. A flick of a lighter sounded behind him and revealed a very relaxed person pointing a pistol at him.

"And you are?" smiled the man. Jim lowered his gun to his side and said, "name's Jim. I'm a member of the Special Tactics and Rescue Squad."

"Hah, really now? Good to know some people still decide to come to a dank place like this."

"What's your name?"

"Nick. That's all you need for now."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"Um... why are you here?"

"That's really on a need to know basis. I've been watching you guys since you got here. Take a look."

Nick showed Jim the screen he was watching before Jim came in the room. He pressed some keys on the keyboard in front of him and he stopped on two people going down a hallway. Jim has a surprised look on his face.

"I see you lost two of your members here. Sorry to have seen that. But I have something else you should see too." Nick smirked as he pressed more keys on his keyboard and saw a young woman in a white lab coat enter a room.

"I see you've been wondering where this woman was going? Unfortunately for you, this is pre-recorded footage. There are no cameras where she went." Jim opened his mouth to say something, but Nick cut him off, "Shady, I know. She's very suspicious. Not sure what to make of her." Nick said as he continued to watch Sophie at a computer in the video. Seconds later, she opened a container and pulled out a weapon. Nick paused the footage and said, "There. I've had my eye on that for a while now. I've never seen such a firearm in my life, and believe me, I've hardly seen any."

"My... God..."

"Yes. Yes... Such a weapon isn't even suppose to exist in today's technical logical world. Makes you wonder what a weapon like that is doing in a place like this..."

"...indeed. Jim said with his eyes focused on the looping video of Sophie taking the weapon out of the container...

Tatsuhiko - Dead

Misery - Danger

Farmer - Dead

Bones - Dead

Jim - Danger

Sophie Brunn - ????

Baraqel - Caution

Nick - Fine

Edited by JackieChan

• 2 weeks later...
GC Alumni

lol

unlike before, I'll try to keep this alive again.

----------

Baraqel and Misery were checking doors left and right. All seemed locked or needed come kind of key card to be opened. Misery turned the handle on one door and it slid open. She looked at Baraqel and then back at the door and pushed it open. The room seemed damp and unkept. Water dripped from the ceiling onto open wires on the ground and the lights on the ceiling flickered on and off. A shelf in the back of the room was tipped over on top of a what appeared to be a dead person. Baraqel followed Misery inside the room. Misery shined her light around and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary.

"Hey, look here." Baraqel said as he pointed at a projector on a cheap looking table that was pointed at a projector screen. Baraqel flipped it on and saw a white frame. He flipped it again. Same result. A few more times and finally a picture emerged. It looked like a model of the zombies they were fighting before.

*click*

The next frame showed another monster codenamed "Hunter".

*click*

The next frame showed a horrific picture of a giant human. The picture was of bad quality, but the codename for that one was called "Tyrant".

*click*

A science team.

"!!"

The person on the end with smirk was Sophie. Her head was cocked to the side looking as happy as she could be. The subtitle under the picture said, "T-Virus research team. '98".

Misery gasped as she started at the Sophie in the picture that was smiling back at her. She dropped her weapon and fell back into a chair nearby.

"Did.... did you know her?"

"..."

"..."

"...yes."

"Huh?!"

"Yes. We know her."

Jim took his eyes off the screen. "Take it off."

Nick turned the TV off and shifted his gaze at Jim.

"We need to get out of here." Jim said bluntly.

"To the point, aren't we?"

"We should really find the other two people with me."

"Something wrong?"

"N...No."

"Well, in that case, take this. I figure since your the go-to man around here, you should carry this." Nick tossed Jim a card.

"Lab Key number 426."

"Yup. I just duplicated that one out of this machine," Nick pointed to the computer station at the opposite end of the room, "it should have master access to all doors in this complex, so getting around shouldn't be a problem for us."

"You come in handy, I must admit."

"Indeed I do. I hope I can survive long enough to stay in handy."

"I'll make it my priority, you can count on that."

*Status' Unchanged*

• 5 weeks later...
you're gonna let something as silly as a server dump be a weak excuse to kill the whole thing?????????? BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Well, I was thinking about it, and it will give me an opportunity to retract killing Misery off in the last part... if I see fit to keep Misery in the story until later on or not. We'll see.

• 2 months later...