Skunked!

meherdmann

My dog just had a run-in with a skunk! He smells absolutely horrible. I have to get tomato juice and bathe the dog in it now :(

Why did I have to let him out? :bang::bang::bang::bang:

oopsie?

well, look on the bright side. your dog won't blame you for him stinking really bad.

My dog's been sprayed by a skunk twice so I feel ( or smell ) your pain! The last time it happened the little bugger jumped into my hockey bag before I could catch her. Needless to say everybody stayed clear of me on the ice for the next few games :biglaugha:

My rents dog got spraying a few years back. What we can gather is she went to smell the skunk's rear and took and face and nose full of the yummy spray. Her head was wet but the rest of her body was fine. So we had a fun couple of days. This is according to the mythbuster's to which items work for removing the oder.

* Tomato juice: plausible

* Beer (MGD): busted

* Douche: busted

* Hydrogen peroxide + baking soda + liquid dish soap: confirmed

* Commercial skunk remover: confirmed (not as good as custom mix above)

My rents dog got spraying a few years back. What we can gather is she went to smell the skunk's rear and took and face and nose full of the yummy spray. Her head was wet but the rest of her body was fine. So we had a fun couple of days. This is according to the mythbuster's to which items work for removing the oder.

I used the tomato juice, which does work and at $.89 a can you can't beat the price. I've heard of the douche but didn't know that hydrogen peroxide + baking soda +liquid dish soap could be used. He smells a lot better now.

well that episodes ruined fo me. :D