GC Competitive Team

alvin

I am going to start a competitive GC team! If you are interested please post up and contact me. I'll be looking for five or six dedicated players. If we get a strong, dedicated, and serious team then we will enter CAL.

Here are same of the mandatory requirements:

1) GC membership! Must have GC membership before the start of the CAL season we compete in.

2) Time. At least 1-2 hours a day to scrim and discuss strategies.

3) Respectful. Respect your opponents even if they are blatantly hacking.

4) Teamwork. We will work as a team. This is not the same as pubbing.

5) Skill: Decent amount of skill is required. Please be able to hit the target.

6) Communication: Mic will be necessary... Don't need one to join but get one ASAP. Good communication will also be vital.

These six points are the basic outline of rules and are mandatory for competing in this team. You will be kicked if you do not follow through with the rules. For example, if you do not show up to practice enough times a week then you will be kicked… Or… if you are caught being disrespectful to others in a match or even in a pub. Keep in mind that we are representing GC as a competitive team.

If you have any questions or comments please post up and ask.

I'm interested.

I have no problem with the rules as they are laid out. The only thing that might hinder me is practice every night. My job has a tendency to be very possesive of my time when crunch time for a project hits. Its not like that year round, but often enough that I feel it necessary to inform you.

Also, the whole skill part might keep me back.

Let me know if I'm good enough and if the occasional periods of time where I have to miss practice due to work is ok.

Thanks

For now.. Anyone's able to try out.

After a while the roster will be cut down to 7.

I haven't decided on the tag yet...

As long as you can make up those scrims by practicing with us more on another day then you should be fine.

Wish I could commit the time, I miss something a bit more competative than pubbing.

But with that said, best of luck to the GC team......

edit: having said the above, as of January I'm probably going to have most evenings completely free (and be frequenting the West Coast server as much as scopeless), so if you're open to applications further down the road (i.e. 2007) count me in.

Edited by Leveller

We can start tryouts and scrimming tonight if i don't have too much homework when i get home from school. I'll set up a teamspeak channel when i get home and we can get started. Here are a few points i'll be looking at.

1) Attitude: Positive, does not lower team morale. Good sportsmanship

2) Teamwork: Strats, buys, support, etc etc. Teamwork...

3) Communication: Effectively communicates. Keep talking to a minimum.

4) Judgement/Efficiency: Guns used in your position, camp or rush, everything you decide to do.

5) Skill: kills per death.. How many times the enemy gets by you alive.. etc.