hlp me some ones muching my wireless

Z3RO

:bang: so im not 100% sure but i think some one is using the wireless portion of my internet thts not suposed to be. id jus liek the peace of mind knowing only me and my roommates are the only ones using the connection cant. ive got zone alarm on one of my pc's and i no it can block illegal users(its how u bridge in halo2) but it really sux for pc gaming slows down ur connection and bogs down the pc running it. so if thiers any thing els tht i can do id appreciate any hlp.

<3,

Z3RO

get rid of zone alarm. your router does the same thing, or even windows firewall.

make sure you have your wireless secured. different routers have different security sections. your manual should have all the info needed. i just use a simple 64bit wep key.

get rid of zone alarm. your router does the same thing, or even windows firewall.

make sure you have your wireless secured. different routers have different security sections. your manual should have all the info needed. i just use a simple 64bit wep key.

Yeah do that...we can walk you through the basics...

I just did this for my dad last night...he was all paranoid when I didn't have to enter the key onto the hard wired pcs....uh dad...just kick the guy sneaking under your desk to plug his ethernet into your router...I rofl'd

I just did this for my dad last night...he was all paranoid when I didn't have to enter the key onto the hard wired pcs....uh dad...just kick the guy sneaking under your desk to plug his ethernet into your router...I rofl'd

LOL

Psk-tkip(I believe that's the right acronym or it's vice-versa) and MAC filtering is what I use on my wireless setup. My MAC filtering is done by adding the MAC Addresses of the wireless cards I will allow access to my network. They go in a list. All other MAC's won't be allowed to connect.

I just use a WEP encryption for mine... because i don't have anyone smart enough get in :P

Mac filtering works.

What you can also do not broadcast your SSID with a wep encryption... they won't hack what they don't see... of course they can always "sniff" you out... but i doubt they'll chase you down that road.

http://netsecurity.about.com/od/quicktip1/...twifinossid.htm

most routers will also allow you to see the dhcp client table. if you and your roomies name your computers, it should be pretty easy to see if you've got an intruder.

"Hey! Who's Muttering.John and why is he tying up all our bandwidth downloading the complete Family Matters series?"