coffee

stutters

i've got one of those "needs to be done yesterday" projects to start off my week. knew about it friday afternoon, so planned on an early monday morning start. i'm housesitting for a friend (which is why i've run into a few of you on servers). well this former friend didn't tell me about her rat infestation, and well, it's been an interesting week. to round out the package, it's in the heart of one of oakland's roughest ghetto's, so it's been a very enlightening week.

the rat's had their weekly intramural gymnastics tournament in the kitchen last night. my dog made sure to cheer them on through most of the night. around 4:45 i gave in, headed to the shower, and left for work. when i made it into work, i made my signature high-octane super unleaded coffee. the company supplies us with peet's, so it's the premium high-octane. jet fuel.

a cup in, and nothing. waited a few minutes, had a bowl of oatmeal, still nothing. had a second cup. i overshot the target by about 3 miles. i went past the jitters by about 2 miles. i've over caffeinated in the past, but never to the point of losing control of my volume. i can't talk in an inside voice for the life of me.

i'll be asleep by noon.

:wiggle2:

GC Alumni
I've always wondered what cross-dressing sociopaths do to get their day going. Now I know.

My wife knows a great fashion designer therapist. PM her if you need help... accessorizing.

wow duke. the table-A-envyometer is off the charts.

btw, settling down into jitters mode. losing peripheral vision, too.

I've been 'blessed'(?) with caffeine overdose once in my life. It involved drinking one pot of coffee, making a second pot of coffee to take to work, and drinking two RedBulls, back to back.

They were new in Canadia, and they were free samples that my mom gave me. I was so wired that I needed to use both hands to plug my guitar in, and had to get off the office chair and onto a steel chair, because it wouldn't stop bouncing and turning and squeaking.

I learned my lesson, though - I will never again drink two Big Tims, and follow them immediately by two Red Bulls in the course of a couple of hours.

John, make sure you eat something, or you're going to crash hard. Don't make it too sugary, either. Your body actually absorbs more sugar when it's on caffeine. 1. That won't help your crashing, and 2. it'll turn you into a fatty like me.

wow duke. the table-A-envyometer is off the charts.

btw, settling down into jitters mode. losing peripheral vision, too.

This table A, table G stuff is kinda funny.

I would've thought you G guys were smart enough not to throw stones at the junkyard dog.

Sure he looks old...

GC Alumni

Question: How many table-A'ers does it take to screw in a lightbulb.

Answer: 12. 1 to draw a picture to recreate the problem, 10 to convince maggiedoddle that the light is not a fish, and maggie, who eventually will gut the fish.

My "supervisor" once told me that I have to drink coffee every morning. He was right. If I don't have coffee my brain doesn't to function the way my business needs it to function (nervous and twitchy). I never used to drink coffee, not until college did I really start to drink it consistently. I think it affects me in an usual way...at least Tim Hortons sure has an effect on me. I swear it's like Canadian crack...I only get Timmies when I need that...boost. Norg must be inhuman.

Oh...table G...off the hook

i've got one of those "needs to be done yesterday" projects to start off my week. knew about it friday afternoon, so planned on an early monday morning start. i'm housesitting for a friend (which is why i've run into a few of you on servers). well this former friend didn't tell me about her rat infestation, and well, it's been an interesting week. to round out the package, it's in the heart of one of oakland's roughest ghetto's, so it's been a very enlightening week.

the rat's had their weekly intramural gymnastics tournament in the kitchen last night. my dog made sure to cheer them on through most of the night. around 4:45 i gave in, headed to the shower, and left for work. when i made it into work, i made my signature high-octane super unleaded coffee. the company supplies us with peet's, so it's the premium high-octane. jet fuel.

a cup in, and nothing. waited a few minutes, had a bowl of oatmeal, still nothing. had a second cup. i overshot the target by about 3 miles. i went past the jitters by about 2 miles. i've over caffeinated in the past, but never to the point of losing control of my volume. i can't talk in an inside voice for the life of me.

i'll be asleep by noon.

:wiggle2:

My god you turn me on.

Tim Hortons sure has an effect on me. I swear it's like Canadian crack...I only get Timmies when I need that...boost. Norg must be inhuman.

Mo, you doubted? How else could I have the strength to best all of those games on that quiz, for no reason other than to ace it?

I was saying you're inhuman for being able to survive such toxicity levels in your blood stream. Heck I have 1 large timmies and I walk around (literally) whistling dixie all day...loudly...while doing small jigs when I think no one is looking...

Like I said - that's the energy I needed to geek out after a full night of working, and still wake up the next morning.

I show my Scottish heritage in my extreme drug tolerances. Actually, I need to go and get another penicillin prescription, so this bronchitis doesn't come back, because the first batch wasn't enough.

Truthfully, I'm so laid back that I need the caffeine just to have a personality.

i use to drink pepsi and milk,good combo.

Wow...that is the most disgusting thing ever...Pepsi? Ewww.

If I drink coffee within 5 hours of trying to sleep, it doesn't happen.

Like Norguard I need caffeine to have a personality.

The Laz drinks the equivilent of approxmately 6-7 pots of coffee per day, plus one 20 oz Caffeine Supreme coffee, plus approximately 1 Litre of Mt Dew.

I drink 1-2 Large mugs of hot coffee before bed to wind-down and settle.

Going more than 1 hour after waking without coffee guarantees a day-long migraine that NO amount of caffeine or tylenol+ aspirin can even touch

Going more than 1 hour after waking without coffee guarantees a day-long migraine that NO amount of caffeine or tylenol+ aspirin can even touch

Which would probably be caused by the large amount of caffeine you usually have in the morning not being present?