Tips for the angry gamer...

Tek-Almighty

Found this to be funny and all too apropos...

http://www.destructoid.com/my-name-is-bob-...mer-30031.phtml

I especially need help with the throwing/hitting...

My wife refues to come downstairs when UT is in full swing on a Tues night.

But she just doesn't understand...when Flitter or Dark or Cannon or _______ heck fill in the blank...frags me for the nth time with super uncanny aim (i still claim hax)...i cannot resist throwing a beer can or stabbing a nearby cardboard box (last time...regrettably it contained a wedding dress)...

maybe I have stress/anger issues...

meh.

or stabbing a nearby cardboard box (last time...regrettably it contained a wedding dress)...

:=

Something tells me it's a little more than the wife not understanding... :biglaugha: at least it is now...

I wish it was this easy

2. If you are going to scream, swear and whine during an online gaming session, don’t use your headset. In the end, all you will end up with is a bunch of good players who no longer want to pay with you

I edited it to fit gc

I cursed playing Cs every now and then, usually when Mo would get me after I'd been talking smack. ><

But mostly, when I'd shoot and shoot at someone and hit nothing but air, then die. I always kept it to myself though, even when I had my headset because my reasoning was, I knew no one cared.

2. If you are going to scream and swear during an online gaming session, don’t use your headset. In the end, all you will end up with is a bunch of bad reviews from the people playing you and fewer people wanting to play with you.

I wish everyone followed this one. I hate listening to little 13yr olds screaming cuss words in-game.

All,

Don't lie! I heard you on Vent during Burnout these past few weeks!! :)

-dj

Vent's different as I said. While you're on vent it's easier to talk about random crap because 1) The high quality of ventrilo and our server allows for lifelike voices and 2) Logging on to ventrilo is optional, so normally people there would rather talk then say, in game CSS.

Ok...what about arrogant gamers that feel they're way is the only way to play and are afraid of dying in a game...?

lol

not to get too specific or anything. You know, the guy who's always saying how much his team sucks and whining about playing against stacked odds? :-)

I say go for it...it's just a game...but then again, those people are probably the same people that tend to throw their controlers :peace:

i hate two kinds of people...

1. the guy who is loud and annoying, who gets killed a crap load after talking crap (cant help but say something to him, never that bad though) and then he kills you once and goes NOW WHAT YOU (*#$(*#$*#(* NOOB!! n000000bbbbbbb.... i try to type with correct grammar and punctuation, and it really annoys me when people do that.

2. the guy who camps for a good minute and a half while his teammates are being killed because they had no backup. Incorporated in this one, the guy who camps because he's the last guy... STOP WASTING OUR TIME!

but other than that, i'm pretty tolerate of players, and i do talk a lot but thats because i play the game for the community, not to win.

Heh, when people get really cocky, I like to hunt them down and kill them over and over until they either 1 - stop being cocky or 2 - leave

I am one of those guys who gets a little frustrated when playing against rediculous odds... I dont usually complain much, just make a comment and see if someone will even out teams. Then I try as hard as I can :)

However, if I see the teams are totally uneven I'm usually the first to switch and even them out a little bit.