Very big and annoying problem

jb55

This has started ever since I installed my new motherboard, A gigabyte 6VTXE-A. Here are sme of the problems ive been having ALOT...

1. Computer restarts spontaneously

2. 50% of the time when I download some kind of compressed archive, it says CRC error (even happend to me when I was reinstalling windows o0o )

3. Messages like this:

memcorrupt.gif

4. In counter-strike sometimes says server needs consitancy for model and I have all the originals in.

5. Lock-ups

Ive tried multiple VIA chip-set drivers, hoping they would fix the problem (I dont know what they do so I was just hoping) and none work :(

If anyone could help me out in any way that would be great! I cant stand when it spontaneously responds and damages some kind of file everytime (yesterday I had to reinstall my web server because it corrupted some config file) and anther time I had to use system restore because it corrupted my user settings in XP.

<_<

Only time I had issues with a puter rebooting randomly was due to the VIA chipset drivers for a Gigabyte motherboard. I'd try updating all your drivers to the latest including the VIA 4 in 1 drivers (or whatever they are calling them these days). Also, if you have more than 1 memory strip I'd try removing them down to just 1. It certainly sounds like something in your MB is causing the problem (brilliant eh?) and it could be a bad memory slot...course it could be a bad anything slot so you might have to start removing or just moving other cards.

Thx gond. I'll try that stuff out. I am using all 3 of my banks, but all the sticks worked fine in my last motherboard :huh:

Is there any other drivers I could update other then the VIA 4in1? I have tried the latest driver and it doesnt fix the problem <_<

Nope didnt fix it, It crashed while I was accessing my shared documents folder. Hmmm not sure but, is there suppost to be a driver for the "Direct memory access controller" because mine says there is none.

gimme complete system specs, including power supply size and even the size and speed of each stick of ram. Right now it sounds like it could a few different things. It may be the power supply depending upon its size and your system specs. Im also thinking maybe the ram. I've had problems with that before. Using two different types of RAM sometimes will do strange things.

haha well, the two main things i asked ya arent on that page. Power Supply Type and speed/type of each ram stick. Gond could be right also, could be bad slot on the MB. I really think its a memory prob, cuz if your only running a celeron and a 8500, you dont need a huge PS. So, if you know how. I would try messing with the RAM. Try different combinations...try using only certain slots etc.....Or u could just get a new mobo ;).

Wait a sec. Did you put the mobo in yourself. Make sure the RAM you have is the type that is supposed to be in the mobo. Is it DDR or SDRAM? i see the bus is only 100Mhz, So im assuming your using PC100 SDRAM?

Your problem has to do with the change of hardware, if you replaced the logicboard, you have changed a lot of hardware components and Win2k and xp only allow 7 hardware changes without reinstall. I recommend reinstalling windows. You dont have to format, just reinstall over your installation so you dont loose your files. When you make a big change like that, make sure you reinstall you os. If problems pursist, you will need to format the entire system. Your problems dont sound like hardware problems. Im almost positive its in your OS. Try reinstalling. :(

LOL! Ouch!

The proof is on the cheater, I guess. It sucks but cheats are too rampant.

If my name ever goes up on a board, put the burden on me to prove it wrong. Right now, and perhaps someday I'll get a false and eat my words, but I would almost bet my PC I won't end up on something.

What a maroon.

About 4 months ago Valve screwed up on one of their updates and everyone that used a 3DFX VooDoo card was detected as having cheats. Me, Hurricane, and anyone else with a Voodoo card couldn't play because Valve misdetected a "cheat." Don't believe everything you read.

PS, just asked a tech at Microsoft who said he's never heard of the 7 component change rule? Would love to see some documentation of this.

Ive had lots of MB's that i had to exchange cause of a problem... Are the files that are being corrupted open at the time???

I had a HD a few years ago that everyonce in a while id get an error cause it would report the incorrect free space..

I dont know how a MB can corrupt a file, only a HD can do it...

I've only played with jb55 a few times, mostly MCC matches... JB55, im sorry but your not a CS God... I dont think ive ever seen him pull off anything i couldnt do... LOL

Oh and just cause im his teammate doesnt mean i give him ANY special treatment, when it comes to cheats... Fatty, i think you know what im talking about..