Turning Point: Fall of Liberty

Allanon

• 1 year later...

As for this game, I just bought it (since I hadn't had a computer for over 1 1/2 years and have not had any $$ to even think about it) for $10 new. I'm looking forward to trying it out, and I'll let y'all know how it is.

Apparently it was terrible, or at least that's what the reviews said.

Yeah, I read it was terrible too, in PC gamer. Though they gave Sins of a Solar Empire an incredibly

good review, despite the fact the game was a complete rip off of Homeworld and had no single player storyline.

Yeah, I read it was terrible too, in PC gamer. Though they gave Sins of a Solar Empire an incredibly

good review, despite the fact the game was a complete rip off of Homeworld and had no single player storyline.

I WISH it was a complete rip-off of Homeworld. Homeworld doesn't work on Vista and is so much better than Sins of a Solar Empire.

I WISH it was a complete rip-off of Homeworld. Homeworld doesn't work on Vista and is so much better than Sins of a Solar Empire.

The style of some of the ships & what they say in response to your commands are word for word

exactly the same as in homeworld. (the TEC faction anyway) I could not believe it when I played

it. Several letters were sent in to PC Gamer from people venting their frustration with the review, but

they defended themselves as if those people did'nt know what they were talking about. I stopped buying

the magazine, guess I'll get my info online now. Know any good sites?

I liked Homeworld because of the scale of things, dozens of little fighters would swarm around bigger ships but with Sins of a Solar Empire everything just sits there and shoots.

Hmmm, where to get news? I used to go to IGN in the mid 90's to early 2000s, then in 2003 I switched to Gamespot. Now I have been moving away from Gamespot and going to Giantbomb.com.

I was so excited for this game but after playing the demo I was majorly disappointed. I rented it hoping there were some glitches in the demo but no <_< It's just really really poor. It's almost as if they had this great game idea, awesome content but then ran out of money midway through production and just decided to release it.

Some of the cinematics and early parts of the game are epicly cool but it quickly falls flat on its face.

I was so excited for this game but after playing the demo I was majorly disappointed. I rented it hoping there were some glitches in the demo but no <_< It's just really really poor. It's almost as if they had this great game idea, awesome content but then ran out of money midway through production and just decided to release it.

Some of the cinematics and early parts of the game are epicly cool but it quickly falls flat on its face.

I'll echo this too. I downloaded the demo because the premise sounded really cool and played through it twice. There are some pretty good set pieces, but the gameplay was just decidedly un-fun. After reading the numerous bad reviews, I didn't bother giving it a rental. This game had a lot of potential promise, but they totally ruined it with terrible gameplay/AI.

Too bad... $10 down the tubes.

Actually, given a mouse and keyboard I'd say the experience is worth exactly $10.

There's actually some really cool parts in the game and if you're bored and want a pretty decent story (if you can accept the shortcomings, like the plot) its worth a play through.

Just be glad you didn't pay $59.99 for it!

Actually this makes me think about comparisons between the film and video game business. So many people will pay upwards of $10 in the theaters to watch what will probably end up being a complete flop and be relatively fine with it but dish out the same money for a video game (typical movie is 1.5-2 hours where a video game is 6-15 hours on average, probably longer) and people get really upset if it's not epically amazing.

discuss