Heroes....

ZeroDamage

I sure hope you didn't need to put "spoiler alert" for those of us who haven't watched tonight's episode...

ZD, you suck, go away! Besides, I'm pretty sure Claire is far more popular to the mass audiences.

Claire is over rated. She is cute but just that, cute. The girl who does the black eyes is simply hot.

And let me add, tonight's episode was the best yet this season. Probably the best since season 1.

Hey, I'm just sayin' waht teh peoplez r sayin'. I just don't like nicki's (sp?) character.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife has officially given up on heroes, and to be honest I'm starting to lose interest. Some of the decisions make absolutely no sense (like the *spoiler* item about Peter previously mentioned). The whole time travel thing has really mucked up absolutely everything. If Peter and Hiro can time travel to any time and place they want, then why the hell can't they go back 30 minutes prior to stop the stupid decisions that they just made? Seriously.

I WANT to stay interested, but this newest episode, while mildly entertaining, didn't do a whole lot to ease my concerns about too many completely different story lines happening at once. I'm gonna need them to show me a little more direction soon or I will drop this from my DVR schedule. Right now it seems that there is very little overarching direction that will drive the different plot points to a singular objective (a la "save the cheerleader, save the world" - as silly as that line is/was). What's the point of juggling all these characters when you haven't given us much to connect them all. Parkman in Africa looking at paintings? What the hell?!?

Alright I'm a bit puzzled.

Peter has the ability to absorb powers of other people. Why in earth would he want Syler's ability and have the hunger when he could just absorb what he needed.

Anyone else confused by that?

Their abilities are not the same, Gabriel can see how things work and understand them in order to fix them (if fixing is what he wants to do) like he does with watches/clocks. I know it seems minor but it's the only reason going why Peter would want Gabriel's powers...

Also, major plot hole, while locked in the room with Nathan, Peter is being suppressed by the Haitian yet for some reason the Haitian just stopped suppressing his powers so Peter can read Nathan's mind and eventually teleport? Fishy...

Peter has the ability to absorb powers of other people. Why in earth would he want Syler's ability and have the hunger when he could just absorb what he needed.

Their abilities are not the same, Gabriel can see how things work and understand them in order to fix them (if fixing is what he wants to do) like he does with watches/clocks. I know it seems minor but it's the only reason going why Peter would want Gabriel's powers...

Also, major plot hole, while locked in the room with Nathan, Peter is being suppressed by the Haitian yet for some reason the Haitian just stopped suppressing his powers so Peter can read Nathan's mind and eventually teleport? Fishy...

I believe the Haitian left the room with the rest of the security-type folks at Nathan's request, although presumably he was still outside the room. Do walls stop his suppressive powers? :shrug03:

I believe the Haitian left the room with the rest of the security-type folks at Nathan's request, although presumably he was still outside the room. Do walls stop his suppressive powers? :shrug03:

Not that I'm aware of, and I would think that even though Nathan asked for some privacy they're not just going to let Peter go wild...and why would Nathan have to loosen the straps for Peter if his powers were working?

Not that I'm aware of, and I would think that even though Nathan asked for some privacy they're not just going to let Peter go wild...and why would Nathan have to loosen the straps for Peter if his powers were working?

I agree with you there. Seems like most of the plot lines are starting to resemble swiss cheese... Where's the great writing they showed in earlier seasons? It seems to be sorely missing in the last few episodes.

My problem with heroes is the same issue I had with X-Files, started out awesome with all sorts of variety and new things and then pigeon-holed itself into a super never-ending drama that is predictable and boring. If they could settle it off the "end of the world" scenario and lose the formula for making normal folks super powered then I think they could salvage the show. If they don't then I'll lose my interest in the next few eps and go back to watching old Firefly episodes.

My problem with heroes is the same issue I had with X-Files, started out awesome with all sorts of variety and new things and then pigeon-holed itself into a super never-ending drama that is predictable and boring. If they could settle it off the "end of the world" scenario and lose the formula for making normal folks super powered then I think they could salvage the show. If they don't then I'll lose my interest in the next few eps and go back to watching old Firefly episodes.

Heroes right now is a sloppy mess in the writing. If you want to see the formula stuff and all of that done right, go check out "The 4400." The writing in that show is actually good from the first season on to the final 4th season. It is my wife's favorite and was the only summer time show worth watching.

Hmm I dont buy it. Doesn't make sense he'd want that ability, that hunger so he could fix stuff. Like someone suggested earlier if he wants to fix somethign, just go back in time to when it just happened. Like when the future peter gets shot, he should gone back into time to that moment and told him lets get the hell outta here.

The whole Haitan thing is dumb. If your recall last weeks episode when Hiro and Ando are trying to recover the formula from the haitan and they run into the speedster chick. All their powers are supressed and the Haitan was no where in sight at that point nor was he in close proximity. I think the writers are just making stuff up now cuz they have no clue where they wanna go with this. I love how Claire blames the nuke explosion on Peter even though it's their fault Gabriel's son was killed and Gabriel was the one that blew up.....but it's ok cuz Claire's still hot.

Gabriel's power isn't just to fix stuff. The key is he has the ability to understand how things work, I'm assuming whether that's mechanical, biological, or whatever. Remember how he was poking around in Claire's brain and then said something like "Oh, there it is." He was figuring out how her power works and "fixing" himself to make him like her. Peter just instinctively attains powers, but Gabriel has to figure out how it works in the person then adjust himself to gain the powers. I think that is what Peter wants (or needs, he thinks) to save the world...again.

Peter wants Sylar's ability because he wants to be able to understand what is going to end the world, therefore being able to stop it (which just means that the Heroe's writers will make the world need saving again in some other way).

The simple worst part about this show is that the writers don't have the balls to kill characters because it would mean that they would lose out on their star actors (hence the reason Nicki/Jessica/Tracy is still around).

Meh, I was entertained. Yeah, there are holes, but I loved the part where *spoiler!* Sylar was a dad and that freaked Pete out. Claire's still annoying and that just makes her less attractive. And I agree with everyone about the just going back 1/2 hour before they left to stop themselves. But I guess it's hollywood, where people are idiots. No? :)