Best Buy....

ShadowDog

This is my friend IbanezFreak87's post on another forum, i'm posting it here because i think this is something that should be brought to some attention. EDITED AS WELL.

So my boss paid me 100 bucks to go find him a projector for his office conferance room. I went to best buy and asked the guy if he could find me one that could do 6x5 foot screen when it is 30 feet away. He said. "Sure", and gave me one. I asked him if there was a restocking fee and he said no.

It didn't work. The picture wasn't the size my boss wanted. I went back to best buy and told him it didn't work. He said "no problem, lets find you a better one"

So I exchanged that one to the newer one and I tried it, but it didn't work.

i went back to the store to return it. They told me there was a 15% restocking fee. The projector was 1500.. So that's 225 Bucks! I told them no way! I said that the sales person I spoke to told me there wasn't a restocking fee. Cuz if there was. I wouldn't have risked it.

I talked to about 6 different people and then.. heres the *****. the manger

The manager was a COMPLETE ***** and even threatened to throw me out of the store. I told him that I wouldn't pay for the fee because the sales guy told me there wasn't a fee.

Anyway. Long story short...

I don't care how long its gunna take me. But I won't stop until this guy is fired.

I already called and filed a complaint. But one is never enough.

For the love of God and everything that is Holy.

Please call 1-888-Best Buy and file a random complaint against "Charlie"

The store is located ...

Mayfield Road OH (Store 271)

1417 Golden Gate Blvd

Mayfield Heights, OH 44124

Think about it. This guy called me a liar and treated me like a little kid. If you could PLEASE help me get this guy fired. I'll love you guys forever.

They might ask for your phone number, just use any number with a 440 or 216 area code. Please post with your conclusions!

THANKS!

my friend is 19, trying to pay his way through College and for his own place. It's not easy when you're taking classes at John Carroll, and have 2 jobs. (which he is ALWAYS working...)

this is life being unfair, hopefully something can be done to fix it for once.

I am not the type to file a complaint on someone else's behalf because no matter what is said, there is always another side of the story. I am not saying I do not believe your friend because I do. I do not know Charlie and can not file a false complaint against someone that I do not know.

Didn't he say that there was no restocking fee on the first projector? I don't see where the salesperson said so about the second projector he tried. Good luck anyway.

I don't care how long its gunna take me. But I won't stop until this guy is fired.

I already called and filed a complaint. But one is never enough.

For the love of God and everything that is Holy.

Please call 1-888-Best Buy and file a random complaint against "Charlie"

Think about it. This guy called me a liar and treated me like a little kid. If you could PLEASE help me get this guy fired. I'll love you guys forever.

They might ask for your phone number, just use any number with a 440 or 216 area code. Please post with your conclusions!

THANKS!

So being called a liar and treated like a little kid is one thing...........

but asking other people to lie on your behalf and not take this as a learning experience like most adults is absolutely fine?

Honestly, I'd be tinkled about it as well if I were your friend, but I think this is just one of those he needs to notch up to a learning experience and move on. Unless you're speaking to the decision maker, in this case the store manager, don't always believe promises people make to you where money's concerned.

I still can't figure out if Charlie is the sales guy or the manager.....

*shrug*

try again another day, maybe with a different strategy, like, i dunno, not flipping out on 6 different people. i called the 800 number and tried to order a latte, but they hung up on me.

maybe he shouldnt of trusted a kid working at a best buy, and should of done research online on some projectors.

btw I called the phone number and gave charlie a compliment on helping me out so nicely with my new dlp projector

I bet your friend will get things done a whole lot faster if he was kind. Take it from a person who works in the retail world. I would be more willing to help a person that is level headed than a person who is screaming and making blames.

I bet your friend will get things done a whole lot faster if he was kind. Take it from a person who works in the retail world. I would be more willing to help a person that is level headed than a person who is screaming and making blames.

Right. Geek nailed that one on the head.

When I deal with customers, I ONLY will help the nice ones. If someone is yelling at me, I tell them I can't help them. If they swear, I tell them to leave my store.

Get a guy fired? Over $225? And have this community lie to do it?

No offense, but I'm with the general sentiment I'm feeling in the thread. This isn't our business, I hope your friend can be very patient and level-headed while he seeks his restitution and hopefully he can be happy with what Best Buy will offer. The guy may be a jerk, I don't know him, but if your friend pursues this through the proper channels in a calm fashion I'm sure something will be offered.

And if it was paid for by credit card, have the card holder issue a chargeback, or whatever it's called.

best buy is notorious for having terrible customer service.. which is why there is an entire site dedicated to horror stories similar to yours.. http://www.bestbuysux.org

I've had asimilar situation.. I bought a high end video card (when i was first building pc's).. got it home, opened the box.. and the card wasn't the one I purchased. An employee or previous customer had switched it for a cheaper model. I immediately returned it to the store.. only to have the store manager not believe me.. etc.. It was weeks before the issue was finally resolved.

If you're going to buy something significant at best buy, be sure to open the box at the register as you are checking out.. and ignore the clerk who says "If you open it up you've bought it.. "

best buy is notorious for having terrible customer service.. which is why there is an entire site dedicated to horror stories similar to yours.. http://www.bestbuysux.org

I've had asimilar situation.. I bought a high end video card (when i was first building pc's).. got it home, opened the box.. and the card wasn't the one I purchased. An employee or previous customer had switched it for a cheaper model. I immediately returned it to the store.. only to have the store manager not believe me.. etc.. It was weeks before the issue was finally resolved.

If you're going to buy something significant at best buy, be sure to open the box at the register as you are checking out.. and ignore the clerk who says "If you open it up you've bought it.. "

I read some of the customer stories on that site and my conclusion is that most people are stupid. Do not buy a 1000 dollar TV and then blame Best Buy 3 years later when it stops working and you did not buy an extended warranty. It doesn't matter if you think that you should not need to. How about the kid who obviously lied to his mother about opening a sealed hard drive box and finding an older and different brand hard drive in it instead. Sorry, if it is sealed and says Seagate, it will not have a Western Digital hard drive in it. If it was NOT sealed when you bought it, then you should have looked before leaving the store. I am not defending Best Buy but those "I hate blahblah" or "blahblahsux.org" types of sites are dumb.