Are you a community member?

Fatty

ya its a bad thing, b/c all anyone thinks about while they play with ppl with No CD are hacks, and that just ruins the game IMO.

i ran my own experiment of this tonight and your right. well, it just sort of happened. I forgot to turn on my C-D and it was on fy_iceworld and ZD of course claims I hack and says to get C-D and chuck kicks me so i just had to turn it on and come back and did even better.... so, i agree with talent.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ya its a bad thing, b/c all anyone thinks about while they play with ppl with No CD are hacks, and that just ruins the game IMO.

i ran my own experiment of this tonight and your right. well, it just sort of happened. I forgot to turn on my C-D and it was on fy_iceworld and ZD of course claims I hack and says to get C-D and chuck kicks me so i just had to turn it on and come back and did even better.... so, i agree with talent.

I didnt kick you

This argument really makes no sense at all....

So you dont turn cd on and then from the sounds of it you were using an alias....of course people are going to be paranoid cause they dont know its you.

that is the reason its optional....if you have nothing to worry about than take the 2 seconds to dl it and turn it on.....regardless of wether it blocks all cheats or not it is still a cheat detection method....paranoia is still present regardless of what cheat detect method is used...

This argument really makes no sense at all....

So you dont turn cd on and then from the sounds of it you were using an alias....of course people are going to be paranoid cause they dont know its you.

that is the reason its optional....if you have nothing to worry about than take the 2 seconds to dl it and turn it on.....regardless of wether it blocks all cheats or not it is still a cheat detection method....paranoia is still present regardless of what cheat detect method is used...

Im assuming now that you were playing as Player. Tough luck it takes a very short time to put on CD. If you use HLSW it will even start it for you.

Yeah i was having trouble getting the opdated version. But apparently I dled some corrupted thing so it woulndt install a DLL. Redownloaded and all is good. No longer will i be [OLD-CD][DOH]Zeabos

of course people are going to be paranoid cause they dont know its you

it seems to me though that this is aimed more towards community members since we are required to have it.

yep.....and?

hey now, im not blaming anyone or anything. i like c-d. I would turn it on with HLSW if i knew how... im just saying that what talent said was true. stop being so god dang touchy...  <_<

go to :

settings -> setting -> connecting ->

about mid way down theres a check box to start CD.....check it

now under that you have to target to the dir you installed CD to

(most likely C:\Program Files\Cheating-Death)

voila

*** i did have some problems joining wwcl servers with this checked....sometimes it crashed me sometimes it didnt***

btw....Im sorry if i do sound touchy cause i partially am....its amazing to me that people have such a difficult time running this program and trying to get rid of some cheats and the people that use them than not try anything at all :=

I feel that we have already lost some regulars to CD. :o

My response... B)

Its a little thing to give assurance to people that you are not cheating. We emplemented it with the intention to kick any who have great scores to make them load it up. Seems totally fair to me.

The fact that people would pay more attention to cheats is not true. That is a personal thing that CD has nothing to do with. No one automatically assumes that someone without CD is cheating. But I think its fair to ask them to get it if they are pulling off some amazing shots.

The fact that regulars are whining about it is beyond me.

Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guests
The fact that regulars are whining about it is beyond me.

It's your server, I don't know that they might be whining so much as saying we think tropolis would be better run differently. More of a suggestion than a whine.

It's basically showing how paranoid people are - anybody who does well without CD will be accused of hacks by people in the server. Anybody who has CD, though still can be hacking, now seems to be exempt from being suspected as one who hacks.

Thing I see as bothersome is, now a HUGE number of players who have a )(or many) cheat(s) on their computer can come into your server without being caught. The only thing that can catch them is if an admin is in there to kick them and tell them to get CD. That same player could leave after being kicked, come back anytime later with a different name. And if there is no admin present, no amount of regulars or any other players on the server can mash their power together to force the player to go and get CD. He can continue hacking until an admin comes onto the server and says otherwise.

anybody who does well without CD will be accused of hacks by people in the server

so true, just this morning a guy without cd was pulling some crazy shots and had a nice record so an admin told him to get the cd over tsay or he would be kicked. the dude went and got the cd and came back and resumed his pwnage. i was just laughing. :P

anybody who does well without CD will be accused of hacks by people in the server

so true, just this morning a guy without cd was pulling some crazy shots and had a nice record so an admin told him to get the cd over tsay or he would be kicked. the dude went and got the cd and came back and resumed his pwnage. i was just laughing. :P

Laughing why? Its a reasonable thing to do. If a person isnt hacking they have nothing to hide and no reason to not get CD on. So the person is good. Its not like we admins say oh there is someone without CD and they have a good score they must be a hacker. Really we arent as paranoid as you seem to think we are.

you just gotta understand that not everyone just plays on trop. i play on a lot of servers and i cant have cd running while on those servers of it crashes cs. so when im out pubin and i roll into trop without cd running i get hassled. say im on a nice streak and im asked to go turn cd on, well no, lemme die first then i will, so when i come back and go average you think me or anyone was hacking. I just think that this issue has become a huge deal for you guys and i dont think that many people out there actually hack, at least not community members ;)

GC Founder

This topic amuses me.

Sexy, show me your research. Make me a list of cheats that CD blocks, and cheats/tweeks that it DOESN'T block, please.

CD was on required mode all afternoon today, and if she continue to be full while on required, then many of the above complaints about forgetting, nocd, etc, will be moot.

To any of the people that feel CD changes THEIR gaming experience: I say you had something going on on your PC that gave you some sort of advantage and now it doesn't work anymore. You were so used to it (whatever IT was) that your gaming feels changed.

I have not noticed a thing, and I'm stock besides some leftover bloodpack playermodels (just love the l337 T with the cigar). Wilco continue to make very valid points, and again claims no change on his end. You've got people that have been playing this game for years that say this same thing...I notice nothing (forget the sinking bodies, drunking 3rd person, etc, that's all common knowledge now).

I HAVE to ask the question I've been trying to have answered, that Zad asked earlier, that continue to be ignored: How can any of these "inconveniences" that everyone continues to ramble on, or the fact that it doesn't stop every single thing out there, outweigh the fact that it DOES stop many cheats? How can you, out of one side of your mouth, hate cheats and cheaters, but then put up such a resistance to an anti-cheat method?

At this point, again, if she stays full, it will be required and you can make your choice. You also have the choice of organizing some people, pooling some money, and paying $175 a month (or less) for your own server, and leaving all solutions off of it.

I have to strongly agree with fatty here. Ive been playing the game nearly 3 years now and notice no difference except the bobbing 3rd person view. I have never seen the sinking body thing that everyone complains about. The reason I quit CS nearly a year ago was to get away from the cheaters. They were running so rampant that the game was no longer fun to me so I took a break. CD is such a minor inconvenience to deal with a much larger program that I will take it any day over the alternative.

hey now, im not blaming anyone or anything. i like c-d. I would turn it on with HLSW if i knew how... im just saying that what talent said was true. stop being so god dang touchy...  <_<

Like I said I do support C-D, I'm just making vaild of what talent said. Grow up, don't turn everything into a soap opera and get offended at everything, its a freakin game. <_<

List of Cheats/Tweeks that gets around C-D:

OGC Anti Recoil Port

Crosshair Hack 2.0

N-R Version 1.3

Auto Pistol

Anti-Recoil/NoBOB

bl4ck0ut

nC Client Hack 3

OGC SE 1.3

CSX Multihack 4

Im not sure about these though [i think they get around C-D]:

ZHC OpenGL Hack v1.8

v4s2 Openglide Hack

UCZ OGL 4.0

nC 2.1

M4A1 1.0c

Earthquake GL Hack v1.2

about the ones it does block, no clue...