I GOT THE NEW HARRY POTTER!!!

ShadowDog

(edited)

If I'd know Shadow was in such a bind when it came to buying "required reading/listening/talking/not required" for his course I'd have coughed up a few bucks. Well if I'd dontated to the cause, at least I'd know where my $10 had gone........................................

Edited by Leveller

Yeah a character calls someone a biatch.

The moral of the story is for an older group. I'm sure the kids that read Harry Potter do not understand the depth of it.

This is definitely an adult read that has been tamed for a younger generation. And the inclusion of a simple word, Geek, does not dull the minds of children who hear it on the television and from their parents every single day.

I hate it when people call me a geek! Sure, I use my computer a lot but it's so rude. :(

ROFL...someone has missed the whole "geek is chic" movement. At least you don't read that Harry Potter <mumble mumble>

finished it at 3 a.m. the day after I got it. was good. kinda makes me sad the series is over (and I am one of those people who laughed at people for reading it when the series first started)

A lot darker than the others, though.

I was looking at the ending pages and saw the "B" word used a little bit. I didn't know they used that in children's books. :unsure:

Read up on them a little bit. Rowling never intended the books to be children's books. There's your answer. They got mashed into that genre by marketing companies because no one thought adults would read it otherwise. Which was smart because people are closed-minded fools sometimes. :shrug03:

I'm on page 96...I'm taking my time, and I haven't had much time to read it.

A lot darker than the others, though.

I was looking at the ending pages and saw the "B" word used a little bit. I didn't know they used that in children's books. :unsure:

Read up on them a little bit. Rowling never intended the books to be children's books. There's your answer. They got mashed into that genre by marketing companies because no one thought adults would read it otherwise. Which was smart because people are closed-minded fools sometimes. :shrug03:

I'm on page 96...I'm taking my time, and I haven't had much time to read it.

Who can blame them? How do you get adults too read a book about magic wielding kids?

not reading anymore than the first two for fear of spoilers, but so you guys know, i didn't pay for it. my dad put in the pre-order months ago.

preorder? All I had to do was go on saturday morning and pick up a copy from walmart... so many copies on the shelves then again its being in the U.P. where Wii's everyelse were sold out when they first came out yet you could get one in the U.P.

I read the first five books and then gave up... while I agree that Rowling is a good writer, and the series is enjoyable... after getting into Dragonlance, Shannara, and the Wheel of Time it seemed a little to kiddish for me. While it's not a kiddish series, I'd rather have an entirely different world with it's own set of lore for fantasy then a bunch of wizards in Europe.