BioShock

ZeroDamage

Highlight to see how to get endings:

There's three endings, one is the good ending, saving the little sisters. The other is the evil ending, harvesting the little sisters. The third ending is either ignoring the little sisters, not rescuing or harvesting them. Or it's if you harvest and save them, doing which ever you feel like depending on the little sister. If it's not harvesting or rescuing them, that would make the game really hard. If it's the other one, it would be really easy to get.

Not sure if it's a spoiler or not, better too be safe than sorry.

Edited by VooDooPC

I haven't been able to play the game much because I keep getting Vista's TDR (Timeout Detection and Recovery Errors, check google). :(

It only happens in the ingame menues when you buy something or change/pickup plasmids. I'm hoping the next offical release of Forceware drivers fixes this problem.

*Sad Face*

try running the game in a window instead of full screen. It was still full screen but had a fewer problems.

Almost beat Bioshock, on the last level. While I love the game so far, there are a few things that frustrate me. First, the lack of variety in the monsters, while I won't argue that the splicers are creepy and really nice looking, I wish that there were mere types and perhaps more mutations. Also, once the splicers start getting tougher, using regular ammunition seems almost pointless so why do I keep getting it? Shooting people in the head does less then half damage and shooting a splicer near the end of the game with a machine gun takes at least 40 rounds if not more.

I'm not gonna say that Bioshock is a bad game because of these things, I just wish that they had thought that out a little bit, still... the story and art in the game is so well thought out that I'm not going to hold it against 2K.

Hey you guys who have Shader 2.0 video cards:

There are a few hacks for the game that can allow you to play the game with Shader 2.0 cards. The following one I found seems to be the most reliable one.

Main page:

http://www.gamedev.no/projects/BioShockSM2...ockSM2Hack.html

Download:

http://www.gamedev.no/projects/BioShockSM2...ShockSM2bV3.zip

To install it, go in your "x:\BioShock\Builds\Release\" folder and throw the file in there. Either make a backup of it or overwrite it all together. Delete your "ShaderCache.pcs" if the game still looks wrong after updating.

It should work, but the textures will look bleeded and pretty bad at parts since it's not an official fix for the game, but it's a start.

• 3 months later...

I asked this in another thread, but it was actually on a diff game.

This game needs net access to activate the product it says.

Is this something I can do over dial up then play it single player? When I asked this before I was told that it was through steam and Id need tpoo update steam and all that...but bioshock isnt through steam is it?

I asked this in another thread, but it was actually on a diff game.

This game needs net access to activate the product it says.

Is this something I can do over dial up then play it single player? When I asked this before I was told that it was through steam and Id need tpoo update steam and all that...but bioshock isnt through steam is it?

You can buy it through steam...I don't see why you wouldn't be able to activate it over dial up...it doesn't need to really download anything and no part of it is online...

• 4 months later...