BioShock

ZeroDamage

Yeah I'm having a blast on the 360 version...rescuing ever little sister...I have never heard a game that sounds this good in 5.1...they did an amazing job with the audio alone, not to mention the gameplay and visuals

If this is any indication to what we should expect from now until Christmas I'm really exited

I've only played for 1 1/2 hours, haven't gotten a chance to steal some little girl souls. But it's pretty fun so far.

It's a lot less RPGish then I thought it would be. I thought the skills would have levels and you could specialize in certain things. Like if you want to hack you could get your hacking skill high and ignore plasmids. Unless it is like that and I am not far enough into the game to realize it.

I've only played for 1 1/2 hours, haven't gotten a chance to steal some little girl souls. But it's pretty fun so far.

It's a lot less RPGish then I thought it would be. I thought the skills would have levels and you could specialize in certain things. Like if you want to hack you could get your hacking skill high and ignore plasmids. Unless it is like that and I am not far enough into the game to realize it.

Well...not so much...it's more that specializing in hacking over plasmids just wouldn't be beneficial...you can get upgrades to your weapons, upgraded plasmids and over 50 skill upgrades...most of which you don't even see any signs of until 3-4 hours in...

Vanguard was down this morning so I decided to go pick this up, seeing as I wanted to try it out.

Very intense game, been awhile since I got that cold, claustrophobic, death is waiting around the next corner feeling.

The whole insane thing sort of reminds me of the abandoned asylem in Thief 3. Fantastic game so far, the big

daddy's are tough as nails though. Not that that is a bad thing.

They've already caved in to that and extended the number. The protection software will be cracked soon anyway. I'm waiting for a patch because I'm getting lots of random "Bioshock.exe has stopped working" crashes to desktop. When I restart the game all of the settings are changed back to the defaults it is really annoying so I haven't played it much.

Of course the engine does (don't know where to start with that one); the great minds at Irrational Games however... (Sorry, whatever they are called now)

They have posted up (forget where) a mea culpa already regarding their brainfart on widesreen support and the securerom nonsense. Patch is on the way.

-Fk

found an unofficial patch for widescreen (only works with demo) but didn't use, cuz demo is so short.

very cool game, and would buy but my hardware needs to be up to snuff to really enjoy.

You can see how the unreal engine is going to pan out. very very nice.

I had all settings on high (demo mode, mind you...so can't control AA or AF less in nvidia drivers) and 1680 x 1050 my FPS in demo was avg low 20's. I changed to med settings and I was avg 30 fps.

Sometimes it would dip into single digits and teens.

Not good.

course that is with 2gb ddr, OC'd athlon 4800 dual core, and a single 7900 GT overclocked. I suppose, when I buy a new 8800 GTX next month, it will be better.

*edit

since u guys r 733t...I keep trying to change settings to get my ming the merciless avatar back for forums, but never works. doh.

Edited by Tek-Almighty

...since u guys r 733t...

Yes, we're all very Teet. Thanks Tek. :)

btw, i just installed and beat the demo in like 1/2 hour, and it was pretty sweet! Tek, I have the 7900gtx, with 1600x900 res and gfx on high i had a steady fps rate of about 35ish, sometimes dipping to 25 or 20. I am also clocked at 3.1 with 4gb of ram (though xp is only addressing 2.75gb - got the extra 2gb for cheap for when i finally go vista).

Edited by DarkArchon

I am running 4x AA and 8x AF with the Nvidia control panel. Running DX10 and running with everything at the highest at 1680 x 1050 and I am averaging between 50-70 with some dips down to 40's depending on what is going on. This game actually does DX10 well without killing the fps like the other games have.

Gosh I hope the 360 gets that patch...

I played this from 10am to 5pm yesterday...so much fun!

I do notice that when I start it up on the 360 it seems to take a minute to get all the textures loaded and whatnot before it starts running smoothly. I'm not sure if this is just the way the 360 has to load all the textures but it can make for some pretty poor performance if I don't wait for the textures to fully load (you can see them being applied in game, it's weird)

PC version does that at well, but only for about 5 seconds, long enough to be noticeable.

I beat the game Saturday night, now I am going to go back and get the third ending, I watched the second ending on YouTube. I think the third one is the hardest to get.

PC version does that at well, but only for about 5 seconds, long enough to be noticeable.

I beat the game Saturday night, now I am going to go back and get the third ending, I watched the second ending on YouTube. I think the third one is the hardest to get.

Yeah it only does it for 5 seconds, but if I go anywhere in those 5 seconds it slows down and starts dropping frames until i stop in a quiet place and let it do it's thing

multiple endings? hmmmm

I haven't been able to play the game much because I keep getting Vista's TDR (Timeout Detection and Recovery Errors, check google). :(

It only happens in the ingame menues when you buy something or change/pickup plasmids. I'm hoping the next offical release of Forceware drivers fixes this problem.

*Sad Face*