UT3 Demo?

Wentz

Hey, glad to see we're on the same page there.

And what's the point of going from the 7900GT KO to an 8800 now? All I play is UT, and maybe a little C&C 3. And I get great performance in UT2k4 as it is, with everything cranked all the way. Maybe prices will drop soon (hoping).

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have 1GB of DDR RAM already. I'd upgrade to DDR2, so it'd be a waste to get more if it's only a performance test.

I'm liking the idea of waiting a bit... especially if there are any last minute delays that pop up. I'd hate to drop some serious cash on a system when the one I have now is suitable for non-UT3 games.

You guys are more knowledgeable but wish to join the conversation. Remember the 8800 GTX is about 1.5 inches longer so if have a small case may need to do move the harddrive and gtx has two power connectors.

Look forward to getting pawned

MP

Like I said, I'm not spending a months worth of paychecks to upgrade for this.

I did however boost up a little, 4200+ dual core and jumped up to an 8800gts 320mb. I'm thinking of maybe a sata 3 drive and Microsofts new sidewinder mouse when it comes out next month. Other than that I should be just fine. Played the demo to Lost Planet with this card and I'm now getting fps between 65 and 110. Enemy Territory Quake Wars is playing with a glitch ( the demo that is ) and Bio Shock demo is now flawless. I'm good.

I'll look for you guys this weekend if your gonna play on Nep, be nice to play with the old gang b4 UT3 drops. Who knows, might have to take a look at renewing those dues, that is if I'm still wanted. ;)

Oh by the way, here is that new MS Sidewinder mouse. I like it. 3 buttons on the top switch the DPI on the fly from 400-800-2000. The 2 round buttons on the side are metal and horizontal. And that is an LCD display for the dpi $80 bucks not to bad although I've never payed that for a mouse, but I like the way it looks too.

mssidewindermouse.jpg

Looks like something you win at a carnival for knocking down some bottles with a softball. I still say best bang for the buck is the mx518 with a decend pad.. although the g5's are verrrry nice with all the weights in.

I had a mx510 but the righ click button quit working in about 6 months so I found an ms 3000 and I'm using that for now. I might go back to the 518 it is cheaper. I'll have to look into it. :peace:

Just looking for a good gaming mouse with more than 3 buttons.

Edited by Primus

Pro gamers get paid, and Expert gamers just get called aimbots/hacks.

Oh, funny story from the other day -- I was randomly pubbing, and got another botting accusation. I told them I'm using the "Bushwack Bot", and one other person said "yeah, Bushwack is a known hacker". You're famous, dood!

:lol:

I'm afraid he was just trying to be cool by knowing what you were talking about. Everyone knows the Bushwack bot is still in beta. Seems it only hits 1 out of ever 3 shots.

Correction: it's 2/5 shots accurate, so it's a little more accurate than what the initial predictions indicated.

Expert gamers are experts at gaming. Pro-gamers are people who are against anti-gamers.

I kinda like this mouse but I could'nt tell till I used it.

One question, On the box it says for Expert Gamers. Whats the difference between an Expert Gamer and a Pro Gamer? 26-104-178-08.jpg

I have the MX518 and I love it. A ton of buttons (8) and easy to program without looking like an escapee from mad science lab. The scroll wheel has a push button for my flak and shocker. The side buttons programmed for my Mini (anti gc player preferred weapon for Wentz, Dark, Flitter, Tek, etc) and rockets/avril. I use an extra large mousepad to improve my distance shooting and not have mouse leave mousepad with a 600 dpi setting.

Edited by MaDPaT

I wanna see what that thing looks like in hand b4 I buy it also. OCZ has a new one out and so does some of the other companies. There is a pretty big variety to choose from out there so we'll see.

That nostromo already looks crazy under your left hand .. just get some weird looking mouse to match it

Well I could go with this one. But I still might have to order it. It has a 2,3, and 4 round burst button for those weapons that you just click for each shot. Turns single shot into a 3 round burst. Read some reviews and some say from time to time that particular feature gets in the way. You can't see it from this picture but there is a dpi button just above the 2 side buttons that changes from 800-1600-2200dpi. 2200 might be a bit much though.

Anyhow been considering this one. Over all good reviews of it. You can get it from Xoxide for $22 b4 shiping.

xoxide_1965_24587364.jpg

it would be a lot cooler if they called it the sofaking leetmouse

BTW whos the noob that has it set to 800dpi? Primus did you already buy one and take a picture?? Nice photoshop job on the watermark.

PS: to add something useful to this post, that mouse looks very similar to a MX-series mouse.. gotta be careful with off-brands though! I'd suggest springing for the G5 since it looks like the price of the 518 has jumped recently.

518: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16826104178

7 Button G5: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16826104076

G5 is a NICE mouse get it primus and don't go tiger direct thxxxxxxxx

Also don't use mouse acceleration... ever. and don't do drugs, and stay in school

Edited by Wentz

Seems Target has the MX518 on sale for 29.99, I might pick up one of these this weekend. Still using a Logitech 2 button wheel mouse and have no probs with it but still might give this a go. Hope it works out better then that Razor I returned last year.

Really I want the G3. Exactly the same mouse I am using but with a few added features. To me just doesn't seem worth 50 bux shipped from newegg.