UT3 Demo?

Wentz

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Manta is definately changed

the manta now has less strafing ability, slightly less top speed, and on level ground cannot crush crouched players

also our vehicle collision is much better so less of the engine instagibbing you because it couldn't figure it out

can you ride on top of it (not on the blades)

I was just about to ask that.

no

I think that is disabled

To be clearer: On the "body" itself, not the blades.

no more mantavans as far as i know

not anywhere

did the grapple decapitation make it in?

nope

Also, earlier was mentioned the shielding stuff - general, helmet, thigh, etc..If you have belt on, and a vehicle you are in gets offed, you get kicked out *safely* from the vehicle. If you have a belt...

[Epic]Checker> Oh something cool: There is a coop option on servers. So humans on one side, and bots on the other, and it will add bots to fill it up. Then you can adjust the ratio too. 1 human vs 2 bots etc

There will not be cross platform play at launch

can we be expecting any news videos or in game screenshots in the next few weeks?

=-= Mode #beyondunreal -v cory by [bU]_Lynx

=-= Mode #beyondunreal +v `Lovey by [bu]hal`

=-= Mode #beyondunreal +v raMp by [bu]hal`

cory--> We have some cool stuff in store, yes.

Yes - it's still going. 8 to 10 was structured, since then more freeform.

SweetTooth pestered a designer about the orbs. Designer gave a good explanation on how the orbs can swing momentum very quickly. With the orb being an instant capture device, if you put your other folks at other nodes than your prime, the second your prime goes up with the orb capture, you are already in place to rock the other team - time it right with an orb respawn and you can flip a map just like that.

Wentz's question at the beginning was about bot ai. Bot's have better ai. Yay Wentz.

Are the shock combo's blast radius and damage much different from those in ut2004?

everything in the game is stronger than it was except the shock primary

-Fk

3 hours

BeyondUnreal will have a transcript up in a day or so

At the very beginning they stated that a demo release date would not be discussed tonight, although a designer then said

"2 wee.."

And another designer hushed him - tease or truth - beats me

-Fk

EDIT: Someone already cleaned up and posted - see GC][Wentz right at the top!

http://www.devotii.com/news/article/2007/0...tion-and-answer

positive HR for GC

I submitted like 12 questions earlier today during the pre session, that was one of the ones Unclean wanted up

some good stuff in there.. I heard some of the bu guys tossing around the 2 week thing for the demo too... I think it will happen

Edited by Wentz

00b3rN00b

Wow, this thread is really bringing out some old school around here. How ya been dude? Not so sure you know who I am, but thats ok, I know you. If I recall they created God Like mode for the bots with you in mind. :biglaugha: Thats what I heard anyways. Good to see ya.

Epic has to come out with this title, other wise it puts them in the Top Hat category---such as: Duke Nukem For Never!!! :boo::bang::lol2:

Anyone pre-order yet? Gogamer.com has UT3 for $45 and they throw in a free UT3 T-shirt. I might nab this but also thinking about the Collector's with same shirt for 10 more bucks.

UnrealTourn3_TShirt_Bonus.jpg

Really don't want white, too susceptible to nacho and beer stains.