hates her job

Bewildered

So my wife decided that she hates her job and wants to go back to school -- and I support her 100% Problem is, she doesn't know what she wants to do. Any advice on career assessments, guides, etc.? Wondering if anyone else had the problem of not knowing what they wanted to do ..... did something help you identify what your dream job would be?

informational interviews.

my girlfriend is in the same type of situation. she went to the U to learn about some of the grad programs they've got, and then we asked for a short list of (working) alumni that we could talk to informally. it's an unusual request, but they helped us out.

I had a similar experience in deciding what I wanted to do....

I took a class called "Career Exploration," which was supposed to help me figure things out. I took a bunch of tests that basically told me that I could do anything and was interested in everything. In other words, it wasn't a big help for me. However, some people found those tests quite helpful.

One was called the MIDAS which is supposed to tell you what you're good at.

One, I believe, was called an SRS test....supposed to tell you what you're interested in.

In the end, what it boiled down to for me was simple. I asked myself what I was good at, made a list. Then I asked myself what I enjoy doing most and made a list. Then I compared the two, took the top choices from each and cross-referenced them to create a list of possible jobs. It worked. :-) Hope some of that information was useful