Unclean's UT3 Build

Unclean

Heya folks!

It's about time to start putting together a system for UT3. With some input from DarkArchon, here's what we came up with:

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 $279

GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard $99

eVGA 8800GTX $529

OCZ StealthXStream OCZ600SXS ATX12V / EPS12V 600W Power Supply $89-15 MIR = $74

Crucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) $109-47MIR = $62

Windows Vista 64 Bit Business $150

WD 250GB SATA 3.0 Hard Drive $70

Samsung CD/DVD Burner $32

Thermaltake CPU Cooler $45

Whole thing:

http://secure.newegg.com/NewVersion/wishli...tNumber=4067909

Total = $1340 AR

Looking to keep the total under $1600 if possible.

Any comments/suggestions/critiques welcome. ZD, Cujo, ZesteR, I'm looking in your general direction. :) I have a server case I can put this in, just in case it doesn't fit in the Antec Sonata II I have right now. I'm looking to place the order on Monday or Tuesday, so try to get your digs in before then.

Thanks!

Ok, swapped out the PSU with FK's 700W beast and doubled the RAM to 4GB. Just placed the order and upgraded the shipping to 2 day... hopefully it's here on Wednesday for a build! :)

And I'm not a big beer guy, so any recommendations on tasty beverages during build time? I was thinking of white russians, but there are a lot of possibilities with my current stock. Have just about everything available in a standard bar except sour mix.

If you want a little bit of all drinks, def. make a good Long Island Ice Tea.

I use to bartend and love making these.

If you are going to build this in the morning, bloody mary's, haha. Make sure to make it hott and the celery is healthy lol

Pics would be hawtsauce in the bloody mary

The sad thing is that I have everything you guys listed...

I'm digging the whiskey sour idea too. Don't have any tonic, or I might go the g&t route.

And ZesteR -- are you kidding me? Long Island Ice teas? 1, when I make those, they turn out awful. 2, it'd be a disaster after I got trashed off those things and started jamming things where they didn't belong. FIRST PERSON TO SAY "that's what she said" is getting karate chopped in the neck, btw. :P

that's what sh..

g&t.. nasty christmas tree water!

Long Islands are good when ya make right. and yes it usally takes 3 and i'm feeling good.

depending on how strong:

pour 1/2-1 shot of these into a glass full of ice:

gin

rum

vodka

tequila

triple sec

3-5oz of sour mix

splash of coke for color and a bit of bubble

garnish with a ZesteRd lemon :freak:

Edited by ZesteR

from what I've heard and tried with my E6600 (before I sold it) was the Core 2's can hit 3.0GHz on air easily without changing voltages and on stock cooling, but I don't know what temps those were. Your 900 has a ton of airflow though, so it shouldn't be too much of an issue. Might be able to touch 3.2 like Cujo, but I'd check with him as to what he did.

Unclean, I'm at 3.3, and have had it to 3.4 but it was a little warm for the summer time. You can reach 2.8 for sure without any trouble, and I'd expect you to hit 3.0 easily too. Might have to nudge the voltage for that though. I'm also using the big typhoon, and my temps are good at 3.3/3.4 - I'll go higher once the winter starts :)

Oh yeah, I'm using the E6600.

bump your fsb to 333 making sure your ram is still at 800mhz and you should be stable on stock volts. your board supports it so the only thing you're really pushing is the cpu. intel has plenty of quad cpus running at 3ghz on stock coolers so it's a risk free oc.