Heroes!!

ZeroDamage

Peter was near DL (Micah's father) in the finale of Season 1.

as for his "electric bolt" power, the only other time we saw him use it was in the future...so he must have got it sometime between the end of Season 1 and the beginning of Season 2 (it WAS called "4 months later..." so maybe stuff happened to him).

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

obviously stuff happened to him!

I like Hiro the best though...'cause he's just my favorite character...

My 2nd was definitely Peter, though it's hard to tell what's goin' on with him right now.

Peter was gone for four months and found in a shipping container "by accident" by those guys? That's BS. The guy that hired them knew he was in there and knew that they'd find Peter. Obviously, peter was jerked around with by the company for the 4 months, or by something more powerful....

Didn't they show a preview where Syler didn't remember who he was.... and he is on a tropical beach.

Maybe they are being setup to reverse roles. Peter will now be the bad guy and Syler will be the good guy.

How lame would that be.

That would really upset me...I like Peter...he's such a good guy, it'd tick me off to see him turned the other way around.

This isn't what I think will happen, just what I hope will happen: Slyar and Peter team up to fight the thing that's MUCH wors that Sylar from the series. Remember, the one Molly won't talk 'bout? That could be fun, and you'd have all sorts of interesting conflicts spring up from them having to trust Sylar all the sudden...

However, it's a lil' Cliche...

there was a preview with sylar talking to a girl and said "you really are interesting" so i'm pretty sure he's still a bad guy but just isn't aware of why yet.. i think peter was found by a different person not part of the company but at any rate i'm looking forward to the next episode

I actually did get to watch it.

I thought this episode was the best so far. The Sylar thing was interesting. Peter's story is getting interesting. The cheerleader's story is still lame. But it's interesting that her dad saw his death painting.

Hiro's story is quite cool. He is going to break the 'time/space continuum' for love. How sweet.

I keep waiting for the overarching theme. They better get it going soon because the characters aren't interesting enough to just keep plodding along like this.

*possible spoiler but really just speculation*

so anyone remember the story of Kensei and the Dragon that taught Hiro in season 1 that he might have to sacrifice himself to stop Sylar?

from Wikipedia, here is some info on that.

Kensei found a sword frozen in the snow. He was not, however, a good enough fighter to wield it, and, therefore, went to see the dragon of Kiso Mountain, who could teach him the sword's secrets. The dragon agreed to do this in exchange for Kensei's love. Knowing that Japan would fall under the rule of "White Beard" unless he took action, he had to agree to the dragon's demands even though he loved a princess.

After saving Japan in a great battle, the dragon came for his end of the deal. The dragon demanded the life of the swordsmith's daughter, the princess Kensei loved. Instead, Kensei cut out his own heart and handed it to the dragon, saying, "My love is in here. Take it," and he died.

...after Kensei cut out his own heart, the dragon was touched by how much the warrior was willing to offer for his people and love, and restored the heart to him. Kensei then ran away with the princess.

it REALLY sounds to me like Hiro is the Dragon of the legend (he is going to teach Kensei how to use his powers, and he clearly wants the swordsmith's daughter for himself, even though he says he doesn't).

I'm almost thinking that Hiro and Kensei will have a falling out over her, and Kensei (possibly being immortal since he can't be damaged) is the one who is killing the first generation of heroes (Hiro's father, Mrs. Petrelli, etc.) and he's trying to get back at Hiro.

Remember that they are always stressing that it was Hiro's father who told him the stories about Kensei when he was young. Maybe that's because he actually KNEW Kensei and knew that his son would be the one who would go back in time to "teach" Kensei. If he was friends with Kensei while Hiro was a child this makes sense to me.

Kensei (possibly being immortal since he can't be damaged) is the one who is killing the first generation of heroes (Hiro's father, Mrs. Petrelli, etc.) and he's trying to get back at Hiro.

Exactly what i thought.

Yeah I thought that too, however for that to be true the show would have to have some plot holes.

He's invulnerable, but not specifically immortal (wait to see)

Hiro's father never had any faith in his son until just recently, which leads me to believe he didn't know about him going back to see Kensei (I'm thinking that it's a pretty big plot hole)

Why would Kensei give his sword to that other guy who died last season (the rich evil dude) if he was still around and immortal? (again, looks like this will be a plot hole)

So far the show has done a good job of showing how much Kensei doesn't care for the swordsmith's daughter as opposed to showing how much he cares. I think this is just because they didn't do a good job showing this to us.

So I would be quite dissapointed in the writers if it was Kensei doing the murdering. (also he would have to have developed some new powers)

Yeah I thought that too, however for that to be true the show would have to have some plot holes.

He's invulnerable, but not specifically immortal (wait to see)

Hiro's father never had any faith in his son until just recently, which leads me to believe he didn't know about him going back to see Kensei (I'm thinking that it's a pretty big plot hole)

Why would Kensei give his sword to that other guy who died last season (the rich evil dude) if he was still around and immortal? (again, looks like this will be a plot hole)

So far the show has done a good job of showing how much Kensei doesn't care for the swordsmith's daughter as opposed to showing how much he cares. I think this is just because they didn't do a good job showing this to us.

So I would be quite dissapointed in the writers if it was Kensei doing the murdering. (also he would have to have developed some new powers)

How did DL kill Mr Linderman? Grabbing his brain or something? Isnt that the same way peter was dead until they removed the piece that was lodged in the special section of his brain. Could Linderman be Master Kensei? He was an old white dude into money, just like Kensei would be. Yet we have not been told if there immortal powers stop them from growing very old, like when do they stop aging? Claire hasnt stopped (we can only guess this)

(edited)

it's possible that Hiro's dad just didn't KNOW why he was told to tell his son those things (or maybe it wasn't even really him...I mean, we're talking about people with powers here, powers of illusion, powers of mind control, etc.)

because it's just a sword...it's not really special like Hiro believes

I think he's going to develop a love for her (already at the end of this last episode he put his arm around her, whereas before he mostly ignored her)

when Hiro actually said the word "Godsend" (which is also what the symbol you see everywhere supposedly means in Japanese) when he saw Kensei regenerate, it really helped convince me that Kensei is just the first of many. Like, he's the great-great-great-great-great-great-great grandfather of all the Heroes. (I mean, they keep rubbing it in our face that they're all connected) Remember, he was in his early adult hood (no clue how old he's supposed to be) before he discovered he even had 1 power. I could easily believe that he has other powers (in fact, maybe he has EVERY power...though that would pretty much make him unstoppable).

Edited by Playaa/Pselus

I dunno...M2 has a point: Linderman could have been Kensei himself. He spoke with a Brittish accent (although slightly different) too ya' know.

However, I have a few problems with this scenario:

1.) I really don't think that Hiro would EVER demand that someone give him the love of their lives--it's out of character the way he's been developed thus far. If this were to happen, they'd need to show a downward spiral of jealousy twisting his soul well before it actually happened. Hiro's my favorite character, so I don't want it to happen either. In addition, how would Hiro teach him how to use regenerative powers? I mean, what's he gonna do, stab him some more to show him how to get back up?

2.) Seemed to me at the end of the last episode that Kensei was really starting to become a good person. He was grateful to Hiro for showing him what he was capable of, and seemed genuinely interested in continuing on a valorous course. It's just the vibe I got.

I guess if Kensei has only discovered ONE of his many powers, then I could buy this story line--perhaps only if he was Linderman. The reason being that--well, it fits. However, if Linderman was really Kensei, and Kensei had other powers--why would he have bothered using a gun when confronting DL and Jessica?

As far as Peter goes, I don't like his story right now. He was my second favorite character, and all the sudden he's joined an Irish family of iPod thieves? Meh...it fits with his character though--he lacks the self-confidence to just open the bloody box.

...(in fact, maybe he has EVERY power...though that would pretty much make him unstoppable).

That would lend even MORE credibility to your theory, though, wouldn't it? But if this is truly an evolutionary thing like Mohnider's (sp) father believed, that's one heck of a jump. I prefer the simpler theory as well.

Okay, so two separate people each get their picture with the same symbol on it, and both come to the same conclusion independently: They will die soon. The implication is both will be killed. Clearly this symbol has a very real meaning to them. Why?

And to Mav:

1) Remember the future episode last season? Future Hiro is not the same Hiro we know today. Well, was, at that point. The point remains, he will evolve as a character, and I don't put this as out of reach.

2) Pride comes before the fall. Let's see what happens when he becomes the greatest hero of Japanese legend.

I also think I can explain why he would have confronted them with a gun: Why give away the fact that you have powers, when a gun could be just as intimidating? Heck, he went most of the season without giving an indication he had any powers, our personal suspicions aside. Of course, one would think if he were Kensei then after centuries of fighting he would have been a bit more thorough with DL, but again, it could simply have been carelessness.

Edited by appalachian_fox

Meh, my theory on what's going on is simple:

There's some really big bad guy that founded (or was a member of) the original "Heroes" (and I use that term lightly) and he/she is ticked off that some of the members went against the grand scheme to blow up the city for "the good of the world."

Simple as that. I like this plot line better. You can still through in some complexities--like where did the symbol for "Godsend" come from? My vote? It started with Kensei back in Japan (since it is a Japanese symbol) and the lineage that Hiro's father was going to pass on to him had something to do with the origins of the symbol and how his family was involved in it.

fox, for reference sake that symbol should be familiar to every viewer of this show by now. It's ALL over the place. (List of appearances)

also, where did this theory that Kensei is Linderman come from? I don't see any connection at all except for a British accent.

@ Mav: of course I don't really think that Hiro is going to force someone to give up their love...but you gotta remember, we're talking about a folk tale that is 100's of years old. I clearly don't think that Hiro is an actual dragon, therefore I don't think everything in the tale is literal. For example, Hiro didn't teach Kensei to use his power, but without Hiro Kensei would not know he had the power, nor would he have believed it anything but a curse. Therefore Hiro "taught" Kensei how to use his power.

also, where did this theory that Kensei is Linderman come from? I don't see any connection at all except for a British accent.

he had the sword

british accent

he was high up in the company (or atleast feared by them)

If Kensei is unable to be killed, he must still be alive.

Also, just a random guess like all the others :P

he had the sword

british accent

he was high up in the company (or atleast feared by them)

If Kensei is unable to be killed, he must still be alive.

Also, just a random guess like all the others :P

+ he seemed to be of the belief that money and power = everything...which was Kensei's original belief

He alluded to learning this "fact" the hard way, and that he once thought differently....it sorta fits

However, I have to say this: I don't think that regeneration means he can't ever die. Look at lizards, which the writers often use for the sake of comparison--do enough damage to any lizard and they die. When lizards get old, they die of old age.

Meh, my theory on what's going on is simple:

There's some really big bad guy that founded (or was a member of) the original "Heroes" (and I use that term lightly) and he/she is ticked off that some of the members went against the grand scheme to blow up the city for "the good of the world."

That's where I was, and I like the simple answer, but there are some pretty compelling connections with some interesting ramifications, not just socially among the heroes but in terms of what kind of powers they have. If Linderman is Kensei, then there is a way for people to live a long time in this world...What is that? Is it power-related? Some kind of power-chemical hybrid?

Just a fun road to go down.

fox, for reference sake that symbol should be familiar to every viewer of this show by now. It's ALL over the place. (List of appearances)

Fair enough, when I go over what I write I tend to be risk-averse when it comes to possible spoilers. I guess I didn't want to link them together in case someone hadn't seen the episode, but I guess that wasn't that big a deal.

If Linderman is Kensei, then there is a way for people to live a long time in this world...What is that? Is it power-related? Some kind of power-chemical hybrid?

If you think of Wolverine from X-men, his body was able to heal itself, not even as fast as heroes. And he was able to live for a very long time. If the 90s cartoons, he was actually 80 something, but looked 30s,40s.

So if Heroes can heal faster, maybe they can live longer too. Since their body can protect itself better.