Specs released

dragonfly

BU Forums Posted this info.

It's official via a press release.

Midway and Epic today announced the minimum and recommended system requirements for the PC version of Unreal Tournament 3, the highly anticipated first-person shooter scheduled for release in November 2007. Please see below for all information regarding these requirements along with newly released screenshots from the PC version of Unreal Tournament 3.

Minimum System Requirements

* Windows XP SP2 or Windows Vista

* 2.0+ GHZ Single Core Processor

* 512 Mbytes of System RAM

* NVIDIA 6200+ or ATI Radeon 9600+ Video Card

* 8 GB of Free Hard Drive Space

Recommended System Requirements

* 2.4+ GHZ Dual Core Processor

* 1 GBytes of System RAM

* NVIDIA 7800GTX+ or ATI x1300+ Video Card

(courtesy of Doz)

Edited by DarkArchon

Haha Minimum & Recommended specs almost match my 2 current rigs.

Minimum System Requirements vs my Work PC

* Windows XP SP2 or Windows Vista (yep)

* 2.0+ GHZ Single Core Processor (2.0 OC'd)

* 512 Mbytes of System RAM (2Gig)

* NVIDIA 6200+ or ATI Radeon 9600+ Video Card (9800 XT)

* 8 GB of Free Hard Drive Space (yep)

Recommended System Requirements vs my HTPC

* 2.4+ GHZ Dual Core Processor (2.0 stock; 2.4 OC)

* 1 GBytes of System RAM (2Gig)

* NVIDIA 7800GTX+ or ATI x1300+ Video Card (x1300 xt)

* 8 GB of Free Hard Drive Space (yep)

After looking at these specs some more, it seems that the Recommended specs would mean Medium detail for all settings. 4 cores + 8800 GTS and I think you could probably run at Max settings with high average fps.

(edited)

I absolutely love how the UT guys scale the engine so that you can run it maxed on good machines, but if your machine is 3 years old you're still good to go.

Minimum System Requirements

* Windows XP SP2 or Windows Vista

* 2.0+ GHZ Single Core Processor

* 512 Mbytes of System RAM

* NVIDIA 6200+ or ATI Radeon 9600+ Video Card

Recommended System Requirements

* 2.4+ GHZ Dual Core Processor 3.3 GHz Core 2 Duo

* 1 GBytes of System RAM 4 GB RAM

* NVIDIA 7800GTX+ or ATI x1300+ Video Card 7900GTX (weakest link!)

* 8 GB of Free Hard Drive Space 2x250 GB (which is like average nowadays)

Good idea HWarrior! I think recommended = low to low-medium settings...

Edited by DarkArchon

Mine is:

# Processor: ASUS G1 Intel® Core™2 Duo T7200 (2.0GHz)

# Screen: 15.4" WSXGA+ (1680x1050) ColorShine

# RAM: 2048M DDR2 667

# Hard Disk: 160GB HD 5400 RPM

# Graphics: NVIDIA GeForceGo 7700 GPU 512 MB

Should run ok? hope so :/

You'll be okay - hell, I ran UT2K4 on low settings forever before I could upgrade to a better video card - granted, was like night and day difference in visuals when I did but the low settings never stopped me from having a blast. given everything we've seen has been at medium res and settings I'm not worried at all.

That and I got an 8800gts :)

Oh mamma...

UT3_City01.jpg

Anyone know what that thing hidden in the smoke in the mid-upper left is?

I can't imagine the necris levi-equal being a super giant walker... could it?

-Fk

I could have use my old system with the specs they mentioned.

Build new computer to play this game.

2.4 Dual GHz (need to oc with better cooler)

2 GB Ram

8800 GTS oc

2 hard drives

I AM GONNA HAVE FUN.

But could you max it out with your old system? I bet your new system will be close to maxing out UT3.

4 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)

4 Members: Unclean, Flitterkill, Lex, bushwack

Whoa, getting the ol' team back together! Should be great for TWL.

64 X2 @ 2.3

8800 GTS 320mb

1 gig DDR

250 gig Maxtor 16mb

For some reason my CPU can't hang at 2.4 anymore at defualt volts. I can throw on some extra voltage but the thing gets too hot to be quite. Maybe cause the Arctic Silver I used on it was 4 years old and like Playdoe. Glad I opted for the cheap 3800+ X2 upgrade for my existing 939. You can still pick these up at 60 bux, great CPU for the cash. Spend that money saved on a 8800.

Gonna wait and see how the demo plays with 1 gig-o-ram. I'll buy an extra gig if it needs it.

But could you max it out with your old system? I bet your new system will be close to maxing out UT3.

4 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)

4 Members: Unclean, Flitterkill, Lex, bushwack

Whoa, getting the ol' team back together! Should be great for TWL.

Somehow I doubt that.

Unreal 3 engine is capable of producing 32 million pixels per frame from what I remember in early demos (like 05 or so).

I really wish they would get into specs more...

Like at 1680 x 1050 with 4xAA and 8XAF you'll want blah blah blah...to get good fps.

ho hum.

You'll be okay - hell, I ran UT2K4 on low settings forever before I could upgrade to a better video card - granted, was like night and day difference in visuals when I did but the low settings never stopped me from having a blast. given everything we've seen has been at medium res and settings I'm not worried at all.

That and I got an 8800gts :)

Oh mamma...

UT3_City01.jpg

Anyone know what that thing hidden in the smoke in the mid-upper left is?

I can't imagine the necris levi-equal being a super giant walker... could it?

-Fk

Kinda looks like the necris building on the upper right. Would be cool if it were a giant levi walker though. :D

64 X2 @ 2.3

8800 GTS 320mb

1 gig DDR

250 gig Maxtor 16mb

For some reason my CPU can't hang at 2.4 anymore at defualt volts. I can throw on some extra voltage but the thing gets too hot to be quite. Maybe cause the Arctic Silver I used on it was 4 years old and like Playdoe. Glad I opted for the cheap 3800+ X2 upgrade for my existing 939. You can still pick these up at 60 bux, great CPU for the cash. Spend that money saved on a 8800.

Gonna wait and see how the demo plays with 1 gig-o-ram. I'll buy an extra gig if it needs it.

FYI: I have the same CPU running at 2.4ghz/1.49V with the idle temp of 30C and 42C load. I'm using the Zalman CNPS9700 LED CPU Cooler with super thermal grease. :smillie_smilling:

FYI: I have the same CPU running at 2.4ghz/1.49V with the idle temp of 30C and 42C load. I'm using the Zalman CNPS9700 LED CPU Cooler with super thermal grease. :smillie_smilling:

Hmmm mine idles at 45C and if I peg both cores it teeters between 59 and 60C. I'm using an Actic Freezer 64 Pro cooler. You might say my temp monitoring if off kilter but after I play UT for a half hour my case is pumping major heat out the back. Seems my system if outing twice the heat it used to before I upgraded from single core 64 at 2.4 and a 7900 GT.

I'm happy with my current system, I just need to get Comcast to straiten their bacon out.

Hmmm mine idles at 45C and if I peg both cores it teeters between 59 and 60C. I'm using an Actic Freezer 64 Pro cooler. You might say my temp monitoring if off kilter but after I play UT for a half hour my case is pumping major heat out the back. Seems my system if outing twice the heat it used to before I upgraded from single core 64 at 2.4 and a 7900 GT.

I'm happy with my current system, I just need to get Comcast to straiten their bacon out.

I hope your temp monitoring is really off cuz 60C on an Athlon smells like a meltdown is coming. I was using the Artic Freezer 64 Pro cooler before I switched to the Zalman. You probably need to reapply the paste and your temp should drop back to 50 while playing UT with that heatsink. I use Everest Ultimate Edition to monitor my system.

Almost had a heart attack. Temps running at 65 degrees on your systems. My system unexpectedly shut down when I went to check temp. When got it up was over 100 degrees. Another heart palpatation then switched from F to C. Around 36-37 C.

Had to reinstall OS and computer seems sluggish in loading software like ut2004. It could be my perception. Think I need to reinstall UT2004. Think I will get a cooler so I can overclock to Dark standards.

(edited)

4200+ dual core

2gigs ram

8800gts 320

250gig hdd

I can't wait for this game. I can finally run any game at full tilt and not break a sweat. :luxhello: Sweeeeeeeeeett

Ya I think that is a Necris building, looks like it is falling.

Edited by Primus

I hope your temp monitoring is really off cuz 60C on an Athlon smells like a meltdown is coming. I was using the Artic Freezer 64 Pro cooler before I switched to the Zalman. You probably need to reapply the paste and your temp should drop back to 50 while playing UT with that heatsink. I use Everest Ultimate Edition to monitor my system.

I went to the AMD site and spcs for my CPU says "Max Temps © 49-71". Kinda vague. I figure 60 is right in the middle so I'm fine with that. I can run UT And my CPU only reaches 55C. But if I fire up Prime95 on the other core temps shoot up to 60. I've run it like that for an hour before and neither UT or Prime95 failed and temps never rose past 60. I may look into getting a better cooler and get a new tube of AS5. Still my current cooler has to be better then stock right?

Check out this Pentium 4 that goes boom - good background music to boot.

Edited by bushwack