Counter-Terrorists

Joined CT 79

Killed Terrorists 663

Saved VIP 0

Defuse Attempts 17

Defused Bomb (58.82%) 10

Grabbed Hostages 0

Saved Hostages (0.00%) 0

Hmmm...the only hostage that I almost saved got shot when he said "..." to me right before we got home. Oh well.

Guest Hoogz
Guest Hoogz
Guest Hoogz
Guests

First off, I'd like to thank Fatty for coming to my defense to the point of being unbiased. It's amusing to me that one comment can get so blown out of proportion as to warrant a BAN? on some server I've never set foot on. Suspected of cheating? No. Abusive? No. Team killing or obstruction? No. It makes me glad that these immature people don't have access to any type of global blacklist.

First off, out of curtsey (as I feel absolutely no need to justify myself) I'll explain the scenario. After having just come off of fy_iceworld which you all know flipflops as to who is dominating and teams being evenly numbered (which I might add I switched teams to even them about 6 times during the map. I'm sure this can be verified through logs. Ahem) my leading opponent and I developed a very friendly competition with eachother. This carried over to playground. My comment about, "The teams are even. You guys just suck. :)" was in jest and nothing for a wandering admin to get his panties in a twist over. My friendly competitor was on the opposing side on Playground. His score and ratio were close to mine. None of our teammates were close in score or ratio and for either he or I to intentionally join the same team would have put things way over the edge. Yes, the other team was losing most often, but the number of players were even, we both had one guy AFK, ours suspended in mid air at spawn in either "alt-tab" limbo, or lagged out, my competitor and I with nearly similar scores. Wish I could recall his name ATM. He AWP'd me about 40 times though (which would also be in the logs ;) ). As people would get frustrated and leave the opposing side, I was on voicecomm asking someone to go T. I did this no less than 4 times with people being very considerate and switching either the next round, or after being asked again, the round after that. For me personally to switch, making the teams numerically uneven, adding in the two top players on the server at the time being on the same team, would have been moronic, and I would HOPE that people handing out admin rights would be more careful about the judgement and maturity of people they trust with admin. I'm not fond of whim-bans regardless of if I ever intend on visiting one cranky CS server out of the 27,000 others on the net. As for my nearly exclusively being a CT which I will explain below, this doesn't matter in the slightest on Iceworld or Playground (other than perhaps weapon selection on Playground only).

As for my being a CT. Truth is twofold. First off, I guess I prefer CT out of routine. It really doesn't matter to me. It doesn't matter what map it is, how difficult the CT role is. I am not one of those players, and I won't name names, who consistently go to the winning side, or the side who has the easier goal. I take my lumps both ways. The second factor is, I have a more than adequate PC that I assembled about a month ago. I can count the number of occasions on my fingers that I was NOT the first person loaded and on the server after a map change in the last month. Likewise, with NO teams established and my choice and preference for CT, I hit "2, 2" and wait for others to join. Crucify me.

I have no problem with switching teams when asked by an admin, or the need is apparent. I am not trying to be egotistical or arrogant here, but I am quite often the leading scorer on whichever team I am on, if not the server. It's often times not a good idea for me leading the team or server, to tip the scales by switching, creating the exact same problem but on the opposite team. Magrueter made mention on the server a week or two ago about me being predominantly CT. At that time, I asked him if this was a problem and if I needed to change things. He replied that no, it wasn't a problem (this could also be verified in the logs and I imagine Mag would probably remember this conversation).

As for me being a stat whore... I take great offense to this and obviously the people with this opinion don't know me or my motives. The only score that is important to me is that tiny little number at the top of the scoreboards that nobody seems to pay attention to that reads, "Counter-Terrorists: 10 Terrorists: 8". On rescue maps, I'm the one that's rushing even if I'm the first to die 25 times in a row. On bomb maps, I'm the one that's camping, even when on Aztec the Ts are being rushed and dominated and noobs are racking up 5:1 ratios by rushing Terrorists with broken confidence and no money. I'm there camping the bombsites with a score of 4/2. And when the tables begin to turn, I'm the one on voicecom reminding my teammates to stop rushing and camp the objectives, or trying to organize a strategic rush to get hostages. I'm sure S-T|Wild would be happy to attest to my "Camp the objectives" reinforcement on voicecom, as he ripped me up for it when we were losing badly, then mocked me for it days later. I'm also often the one on voicecomm saying "Someone go T" when it's not an option for me to do it myself.

As for SpeedyGonzalez which nobody seems to have touched on... On voicecomm this sounded like about a 9 year old kid, on my team with a not so fantastic score or ratio. Obviously another immature personal vendetta ban. Grow up.

>ConGregation: Hoogz does need to watch this though. Even just a few minutes ago CT were dominating and up a couple of players. He never did a thing about it. Of course their were 9 other CTs over there. But later on when a couple tried to even it out (thus T had more players) he was the first to cry "teams". I think we got a stat whore on our hands.

I'm also rather offended by this especially from Con. Unless you're on my team and/or can monitor voicecomm, please don't assume I "did nothing about it". As I'm almost always the first to join the server, I didn't UNeven the teams, it's not my fault if people cannot count. It's also not my fault if the same people I mentioned above that consistently go to the winning or easy side, intentionally join my team because they see I'm on it! And no, I am NOT a fan of making the teams 4 on 9 in favor of the losing team just so they can win and deplete all the money I spent the previous x number of rounds accumulating, just because they're inferior players. And perhaps the "stacking" that people so often complain about has less to do with skill than is realized. If a side consistently wins 3+ rounds in a row, regardless of skill, score or ratio, the losing team is not going to have the money to fight back. That's the POINT. The objective is still to win the round, isn't it???

I've been playing CS since beta 5 and 6, I've admin'd three servers, was involved in #mapcore and the map making community, I obviously put in a lot of playing time and practice. I play hard and often. It's not my fault if on 8 on 8 teams, 6 of the players are being dominated because they DON'T practice, play hard or log the hours I do playing. I will NOT apologize for playing well. I DO believe in unstacking the teams SKILL wise, not by the numbers. I also find it rather hypocritical to condemn me and my playing habits yet it's very common to see 3, 4, 5 [Mmmm] members on the same team. Glass houses, fellas, but alas, it's your server.

Summary: I have done, and will continue to do whatever is asked of me by the admins. I was told previously my preference for CT wasn't a problem. If it is now, because people whine that I do well, fine, I'll change it if asked, but I will continue to do well so you'll have to find something else to whine about. After re-reading the thread, I would hope with this long winded post, I have covered each and every issue flamed at me and offered honest and sincere information that will hopefully be comprehended. I will reply to no more flames and consider this issue dead until such time I am reinstructed by the admins. And now I have OTHER children that need to be put to bed. Have a nice night.

Hoogz

wow that's one of the longest posts i've ever seen. Case well spoken, I just want to see you fire an ak hoogz. :P But i do remeber that conversation, i was making an observation. I really don't have anything else to say considering i wasn't there. You are welcome in trop anytime. See ya in game!!!

I would say that Rev was being half fun in his post, but at the same time, addressing some factual data.

As you can see from all the posts of stats compared to your own, your preferences are obvious for CT. The only problem I see with this is that we don't get to play along side you as a Terrorist. Nobody is going to sit and watch your stats, or tell you to play T, but I would encourage you to help both sides a bit more. Heck being a bad guy is fun! <in the voice of the warcraft dwarves> I luv blowin things up!!!

It makes me glad that these immature people don't have access to any type of global blacklist
Do you know me? So why are you so much better then anyone else by coming in here and saying this?

I'll change it if asked, but I will continue to do well so you'll have to find something else to whine about

I dont think you will do so well if you swith over to T. Being you are so used to you routine and everything. Oh yea, lets not forget the 0.3 k:d you got with the ak :lol::ph34r:

And perhaps the "stacking" that people so often complain about has less to do with skill than is realized
oh really?

I DO believe in unstacking the teams SKILL wise, not by the numbers

hmmm...oh really?

I also find it rather hypocritical to condemn me and my playing habits yet it's very common to see 3, 4, 5 [Mmmm]members on the same team

if you look at the above posts, Mmmm plays evenly as do most of the community memeber, joining and killing pretty close to the same amount of people from both teams. Mmmm stacking a team up is not the issue at hand.

I know this was none of my bussiness but i felt that i wanted to share this with everyone since Hoogz addresses everyone in his post.

This will NOT turn into a Hoog bashing event.

All Kill: you're turning this further into sarcasm with your "oh really" comments.

Rackish: shut up.

Both sides have spoken. Nobody has to like everyone else's style. Anyone can ban anyone from their server. Play your own game.

Thread closed.