I need a new soundcard

Nick Soapdish

I need an internal soundcard to go with my new rig.

i would like it to have a remote, but that's just a bonus i guess. I will use it mainly for gaming and listening to mp3's. I want to have hookups so that I can toss it over to my surround system in the adjacent room either by optical or A/V.

Looking for under the $200 range.

i was looking at the fatality x-fi with the remote for $150 and under, looks inviting.

Microsoft also thought it was a good idea to try and change the way software and hardware sound work together. Now you have to get a program (ALchemy) from Creative which tricks games with EAX into thinking they are OpenAL and almost none of the software they have works on Vista. It's a pretty big mess over there. I am waiting for them to work it out before I reinstall my card.

btw, the remote is useless as is any remote for a pc. a wireless mouse is far more functional.

Useless for you :shrug03:

When I had it I used it constantly, but that was back in the day before media center and such nice things that actually have playlists and such and Creative's software was actually decent (comparatively)

btw, the remote is useless as is any remote for a pc. a wireless mouse is far more functional.

Useless for you :shrug03:

When I had it I used it constantly, but that was back in the day before media center and such nice things that actually have playlists and such and Creative's software was actually decent (comparatively)

well the remote only works in the software, no? the software is useless, as is the media centre software. it's much simpler to open a folder and double click a file.

well the remote only works in the software, no? the software is useless, as is the media centre software. it's much simpler to open a folder and double click a file.

Well...not if you're on the couch and can't make out the file names because your resolution is high :biglaugha:

I just liked the big icons Creative used and their software wasn't that bad...it was a little slow and needed a pretty pristine environment to run but it did its job and sure beat getting the magnifier out

Well...not if you're on the couch and can't make out the file names because your resolution is high :biglaugha:

I just liked the big icons Creative used and their software wasn't that bad...it was a little slow and needed a pretty pristine environment to run but it did its job and sure beat getting the magnifier out

I would call you lazy, but I've seen your set-up before :biglaugha:

if that's the case then your tv is too small. :P i'll see what it's like when we get our new 46inch. it'll be 1920x1080 and we'll be about 10 ft from it.

on our old 35inch tube i could read the file names but they were blurry as hell.

if that's the case then your tv is too small. :P i'll see what it's like when we get our new 46inch. it'll be 1920x1080 and we'll be about 10 ft from it.

on our old 35inch tube i could read the file names but they were blurry as hell.

When I used it it was with a 17" LCD and I was 6-8ft away

BTW I saw one of your bugs on Avenue road the other day and was going to yell at you...but it wasn't you...so good thing I checked first lol