Ever wonder if....

[LaW]Maverick

Ok, so I was sitting here thinking to myself: "What if those banter-filled arguments about things on the forums actually really irritate people on opposite sides of the issue?"

I'll give you an example:

SJ = lover of all things Mac

Me = hater of most things Mac

So, we tend to argue about this Mac issue on the forums a lot. A while ago there was a big Sony debate (and of course everyone has acceded that the ps3 sucks...hahaha j/k) as another example

Why am I posting up about this? Well, it's simple really, I don't want it to seem like I'm personally attacking people. I joke around about things, and I like to point out why I don't like this, or why I like that instead--and so do most of the other people on the forum. :-) In any case, I just want to make sure everyone is taking it how I mean it--as a friendly debate with some jokes thrown in.

When SJ bashes my Zune, for example, I just laugh it off and tell him why I don't like iPods. :-) That's about all the reaction it gets, and it's good fun trading verbal blows--but like I said up there, it occured to me that SJ could be sitting at his computer thinking "This guy is such an idiot and he really ticks me off! I wish he'd just shut up!" So yeah...I posted up here to say sorry if that's how I come across, and for those of you that think that...well, you're sensitive people, aren't ya'? lol

Anyway, I don't think anyone here means any of these debates as a personal attack or is trying to be a schmuck about things, so always keep that in mind and happy posting! :peace:

Really, the only threads I post in nowadays are the ones that have a good debate going on. The one thing that actually DID peeve me was a thread about family violence that someone (can't remember who) said should be closed, yet it was entirely friendly debate, no one had even made a single comment towards another about it. But there is that issue of when you don't know if someone will take a post the wrong way. So, same for me, if anyone's ever been offended by one of my posts, you've taken it the wrong way. :)