How 'bout that Global Warming

mookie

I have a theory...it's completely untested and based solely upon my personal observations...

I don't think that what is happening to our world is "global warming" per se...I actually think that our seasons are just slowly rotating...I remember being a kid and having snow on the ground in late November...but that snow was mostly gone by the end of January. Now it seems like we don't get snow until late December...but it snows until February (and sometimes March).

of course, my parents wedding was snowed out with 13" in MAY back in the late 70's...so my theory is probably completely worthless.

Ok, I got my coffee so I'm good to go. Picture still doesn't make sense to me, other than the fact that maybe you're bringing to light the fact that it's somewhat warm yesterday/today?

Global warming is happening. Is it a bad thing? No. Is it our fault? Partially. I wouldn't dare say that all the pollution we have amassed in our atmosphere isn't having an adverse effect on our optimal environment. What I would say is that why do we care? Are we so selfish to say that we care about the Earth only if it's the optimal living environment for us? To that I say bullocks! We aren't "hurting" the environment as much as we are simply affecting the natural environment. It just happens to have an adverse effect on us.

Once all the environuts start admitting that we aren't "killing" the Earth, just our ability to successfully procreate in it, then I will start giving a hoot.

nice plates, mdonkey burrow.

wow, owned by the word filter. can i spell massachusetts? how about saying i'm going to mass? but not mdonkey burrow? how about mass-hole? victory!

nice plates, mass-hole.

(makes sense only if you've driven sturrow drive around 5pm)

nice plates, mdonkey burrow.

wow, owned by the word filter. can i spell massachusetts? how about saying i'm going to mass? but not mdonkey burrow? how about mass-hole? victory!

nice plates, mass-hole.

(makes sense only if you've driven sturrow drive around 5pm)

Someone needs their own forum.

The seasons do naturally shift slightly--and the Earth is on a cycle in which there are warming periods and cooling periods (such as the ice age)

That being said, we're still polluting way too much. What I don't get is this: people whine about global warming, but no one looks at the common sense variable.

Simply put, we can not breathe fossil fuel emissions, correct? If we fill our atmosphere with stuff that we can't breathe, and stuff that kills plants and animals to boot, we will end up screwed, correct? I mean, climate changes are natural (though we may be accelerating them somewhat), but filling our atmosphere with fossil fuel emissions will kill us. Am I the only one that has that idea?

GC Alumni

I guess I forgot so many hail from the icy North and probably already have piles of snow outside. It's rare to get snow here this early, although I can remember snow on Halloween once. Only Mav could make this thread about global warming; I'm just bitter about having to shovel snow before Thanksgiving.

I guess I forgot so many hail from the icy North and probably already have piles of snow outside. It's rare to get snow here this early, although I can remember snow on Halloween once. Only Mav could make this thread about global warming; I'm just bitter about having to shovel snow before Thanksgiving.

Ah, makes sense now. Maybe someone is trying to tell you something if you have to shovel a bunch of snow a few days before (and maybe after) your little November holiday.

(I'm so bitter at the fact you guys get days off in November)

The only snowfall I've seen so far has melted as soon as it hit the ground. I can't wait until we actually get some blizzards going on, though. It's a 45 minute walk to work. :(

I think it was a week today that I drove to work and saw cars coming in from North of the city with 2-3 inches of snow...that stuff should be illegal...wipe it off first, jeez

GC Alumni
The only snowfall I've seen so far has melted as soon as it hit the ground. I can't wait until we actually get some blizzards going on, though. It's a 45 minute walk to work. :(

I think it was a week today that I drove to work and saw cars coming in from North of the city with 2-3 inches of snow...that stuff should be illegal...wipe it off first, jeez

Get some real laws. That is illegal here. :smiling2:

I have a theory...it's completely untested and based solely upon my personal observations...

I don't think that what is happening to our world is "global warming" per se...I actually think that our seasons are just slowly rotating...I remember being a kid and having snow on the ground in late November...but that snow was mostly gone by the end of January. Now it seems like we don't get snow until late December...but it snows until February (and sometimes March).

of course, my parents wedding was snowed out with 13" in MAY back in the late 70's...so my theory is probably completely worthless.

You're almost there. Watch "Little ice age, big chill" by the history channel. Our world is just going through a warm period. Yes, global warming is being sped up by our efforts, but not by much.

Trust me, walking to and from the university today, the world is NOT warmer!

The warming deals with the melting of the polar ice caps. They melt, disrupt the conveyor belt of warm water in the pacific, thus, disrupting weather patterns. Well, thats one opinion.

we have yet to get hit at all. We had it snow a couple weeks ago for a few hours but it melted as it hit the ground. right now it's just cold and rainy.

Trust me, walking to and from the university today, the world is NOT warmer!

The warming deals with the melting of the polar ice caps. They melt, disrupt the conveyor belt of warm water in the pacific, thus, disrupting weather patterns. Well, thats one opinion.

LOL

Yeah, i know. I'm just poking fun at the people who care about the earth and want to help it. What is up with that anyway? ;)

Edited by DarkArchon