Heroes last night...

[LaW]Maverick

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The very end got cut off last night. I got to see where Hiro comes in and says "Peter...." then my dvr ended. What happened!?

Spoiler!

Hiro basically tells Peter he is there to kill Adam for murdering his father, Peter tells him he can't let Hiro do it and Hiro charges him with his sword drawn...fade to black.

Thanks!

Kristen bell is hot Ramirez isn't bad either.

Yeah heroes is looking very interesting now. I also doubt Hiro will bite it in the end. What i want to know (maybe i missed this) is why Adam wants to kill everyone. He's said he's been around for 400 years and he's seen history repeat itself.....how does killin over 90% of the worlds population make things for the better?

Kristen bell is hot Ramirez isn't bad either.

Yeah heroes is looking very interesting now. I also doubt Hiro will bite it in the end. What i want to know (maybe i missed this) is why Adam wants to kill everyone. He's said he's been around for 400 years and he's seen history repeat itself.....how does killin over 90% of the worlds population make things for the better?

Hiro traveled back in time to meet Adam when he was Takezo Kensei in feudal Japan (wild guess on the time period) and ended up ruining his life (so to speak). Adam hates Hiro for what he did to him (stealing his womanz) and I think kind of looks at society as reflecting those values that Hiro exudes, so Adam wants to destroy it all. At least, that's what I'm figuring until new stuff pops up.

At the same time, they have made reference to the first generation of heroes (Peter/Nathan's parents, Bob, Hiro's dad etc.) as being the first and I'm pretty sure I heard something about them somehow developing these abilities either before or through the company somehow. So if they were the first, then how did Adam get his powers? Could he have been one of the members of the first generation and somehow was sent back in time by the rest of the leaders of the company and that's why he had a grudge? OOooooh only time will tell!

I didn't say she wasn't attractive, I simply said she's not all that hot--and if I had to vote for a princess Leia, Kristen Bell wouldn't be the top o' the list, that's for sure...

I'm thinking something more along the lines of Jessica Beil....

Bell just has that scary jaw-line. When I look at a girl, I look at the face first--if she doesn't have that, then meh....I guess I'm weird like that, huh?

Seriously, Kristen Bell is related to Pac Man or something...

Oh, and as far as Adam wanting to "save the world" by killing 90% of the population--it's simple really. He's convinced that humanity i unfit to exist in its current state of being...sorta. Basically, he's saying that a catastrophe of that magnitude will force humanity to come together to survive, thus eliminating things like war and famine, as well as culling the human race to a more manageable size so that we can start over again united. In a VERY twisted sort of way it makes sense...but yeah, killing 90% of Earth's population is never the right thing to do...

In the batman begins movie is the same thoughts.

the bad guys say gothman destruction (and other such tragedies in history, i.e. london fires) have to happen to cleanse humanity from "bad"

that's how i feel adam perceives the world

Edited by ZesteR

In the batman begins movie is the same thoughts.

the bad guys say gothman destruction (and other such tragedies in history, i.e. london fires) have to happen to cleanse humanity from "bad"

that's how i feel adam perceives the world

Exactly! Burn down Gotham because it's become corrupt! That's Adam, but on a world-wide scale.

Am I evil if I say I actually really like Sylar? Yeah he's bad and everything, but I love his character and I think he (the real guy, whatever his name is) fits the part perfectly.

i really like sylar too, good actor for the role

:'( stupid Peter trying to choke Hiro!

I am really sad now that I have to wait until September. That's such a LOOOONNNGGGG time from now!

I'm glad Sylar's back. He was the best badguy ever.

Edited by DarkArchon

(edited)

*spoilers obv*

I LOVE what Hiro did to Kensei...it's definitely going to be the beginning of the end of cutesy Hiro and he's going to get much darker as a character.

overall it wasn't that spectacular of an ending...and the whole "shoot Nathan to shut everyone up" thing doesn't really make sense...after the furor over the shooting died down either Peter or Matt could have just shown the cameras what they can do.

Also...how can anyone actually be dead in the series anymore? All it takes is a little of Claire's blood and boom...they live again.

Edited by anonymo
dude...srsly...learn forum codes

:'( stupid Peter trying to choke Hiro!

I am really sad now that I have to wait until September. That's such a LOOOONNNGGGG time from now!

I'm glad Sylar's back. He was the best badguy ever.

So far there is no hard evidence that the WGA strike means no new Heroes episodes in January, only speculation. They obviously have the majority of episodes finished so depending on how this strike goes (and if NBC plays dirty like many studios probably will) then we might not have to wait until next sept (or 2009). We can only hope. In the meantime...enjoy all the Canadian broadcasting you can take!

Great season closer...didn't really see that bit at the end coming as it was poorly conceived in my opinion...everything else was pretty intense and made the episode feel like it ended really fast, which is a testament to the writing and directing.

Meh, in my opinion, that was the worst written episode of the entire series thus far--I dunno if it's the WGA strike or what, but come on! I'll explain below:

1.) Why the hell wouldn't Peter have just walked THROUGH the incredibly corny vault door, grab the vial, then destroy it? I mean, it would've taken 5 seconds! Why even let Adam in there if you're having doubts (which Peter obviously was), and why expend so much energy when you can just walk through the door using DL's power?

2.) Who doesn't notice a GIANT BLINKING RED LIGHT in a vent? That's dumb--not to mention HIDDEN cameras don't have big bright red blinking lights. *sigh*

3.) Why didn't Peter just slice himself open and give his brother some blood so he wouldn't di?

4.) How does the shooter just walk out of a place like that. Yes it's hectic, but security measures have come a long way, and the likelihood of that guy escaping is nil.

All-in-all, a few plot-holes finally have entered into the series. Don't get me wrong, I still can't wait to see the next bit, but meh. Hiro's dark punishment was a lil' out of character, but I could see him doing it. I mean the guy not only killed his father, but was planning to take out 98% of humanity or some such madness. Not so cool, however, Hiro going too dark would ruin his character. The way I see it going (if the writing makes a come back) is he goes dark for a spell, realizes what he's become, then we get the old Hiro back.

Also, Peter not even flinching when Adam needlessly chops a few guards up is a lil' out of character for him too. I hope the writers come back!!!

*spoilers! (I refuse to use the little spoiler color change thing because if you are coming in to a topic entitled "Heroes last night" where the very description of the topic is "they better not kill Hiro" and you expect to NOT see spoilers if you haven't seen the latest episode...then you are an idiot...twice over)*

1.) Why the hell wouldn't Peter have just walked THROUGH the incredibly corny vault door, grab the vial, then destroy it? I mean, it would've taken 5 seconds! Why even let Adam in there if you're having doubts (which Peter obviously was), and why expend so much energy when you can just walk through the door using DL's power?

Peter met DL but never saw him use his power, so he doesn't know he has it.

2.) Who doesn't notice a GIANT BLINKING RED LIGHT in a vent? That's dumb--not to mention HIDDEN cameras don't have big bright red blinking lights. *sigh*

The light was for our benefit...if they didn't have it there, plenty of people would be complaining that there was no security camera on the wall. I for one have no problem with things in film that are obviously done for the benefit of people who ask stupid questions.

3.) Why didn't Peter just slice himself open and give his brother some blood so he wouldn't di?

Just because Peter can copy the power of regeneration doesn't mean that his blood is what causes the regeneration. For all we know he DID try that off camera and it didn't work.

4.) How does the shooter just walk out of a place like that. Yes it's hectic, but security measures have come a long way, and the likelihood of that guy escaping is nil.

"that guy" is most likely someone with powers...maybe one of his powers is the ability to not get caught? (heck, maybe next season we'll learn that he is an assassin and he's the one who killed JFK for the companies benefit)

All-in-all, a few plot-holes finally have entered into the series. Don't get me wrong, I still can't wait to see the next bit, but meh. Hiro's dark punishment was a lil' out of character, but I could see him doing it. I mean the guy not only killed his father, but was planning to take out 98% of humanity or some such madness. Not so cool, however, Hiro going too dark would ruin his character. The way I see it going (if the writing makes a come back) is he goes dark for a spell, realizes what he's become, then we get the old Hiro back.

I think that Hiro going dark is exactly what would make his character perfect. There is no character more intriguing than a good guy who does bad things for good reasons.

Also, Peter not even flinching when Adam needlessly chops a few guards up is a lil' out of character for him too.

Peter saw those guards as the bad guys trying to stop him from saving the world...his character has changed quite a bit from the first season too...he's alot darker (and less emo).

I hope the writers come back!!!

finally we agree on something.

:P

Peter met DL but never saw him use his power, so he doesn't know he has it.

He used that power to escape the company.

But there are lots of easier ways he could of done things this season and last, its a tv show mav they need to make it interesting :P

Also they needed a way for hiro to get rid of adam.

He used that power to escape the company.

this is awkward for me.

M2 beat me to the punch! Good show M2!

lol, and I know--I just can't help but pick things apart, and I still say the vault was cheesy. They could've had Peter just walk into the vault, grab it, walk out and THEN realize that Adam wanted to unleash it:

Peter: "I have it, now I will destroy it."

Adam: "Wait, let me see it!"

Peter: "Why? I should just destroy it now and be done with it."

Adam: "No you fool, we need to cleanse the human species!"

Peter: "You're one sick son of a *#(%."

*POP* (Enter Hiro behind Adam, time freezes)

Hiro: "Now do you see Peter?"

Peter: "I almost made a horrible mistake!"

Hiro: "I will take care of him"

*POP* (Hiro goes to bury Adam)

(Peter destroys virus without going through a silly scene where he has to pull the vault off the wall and snatch the vial out of mid-air at the last second; thus avoiding 2 cliche's!)

:peace:

As far as shooting "Flying Man," it was hardly an efficient way to shut up THREE people. Why wouldn't one of the others simply say something? Why didn't Peter just fly over to the guy and rip his head off when he obviously saw him leaving? I dunno..it seemed rushed and not as well planned as the rest of the series. I'm still a die-hard fan of the show though--have no fear

I still love the show, but Hiro cant go dark forever. He (and his pal) are the only two pure dudes in the whole thing who always do what is right. Hiro's my favourite.

Peter going dark for the season annoyed the heck out of me. He does it out of nowhere too in a way - ok he explodes, his bro is hurt, he escapes the company, now he's killing people? His "pure" heart disappeared in like 2 episodes. At least with Hiro you can see how he changed over time and it made sense.

Yeah, I can just see the reporters...

reporter: what was he gonna say peter?

Peter: oh, nevermind, it wasnt that important

reporter: but he got shot for it!

Peter: seriously, it wasnt important...

???

LOL poor playaa