first ff

GOrnE

ok.. im might actually go to one of these this year

to all those who've gone before, what can i expect?

money wise how much would an average ff be realistically? not just for ff and the room itself. how are the rooms?

is it worth going? (im pretty sure what type of answer ill get here =P)

idk..if all goes well i might all see everyone soon :)

Depending on how many days you will be there, I'd bring around $30/per day for expenses, you know, food, drinks, what have you. Other than that everything is really great! tha rooms are nice enough, its not like you are in them very long anyway heh :). They have a pretty good breakfast buffet that was free last year, I'm sure it will be free this year as well. Unless your bringing your own computer you should plan for around $65 for computer rental.

Look forward to meeting you. I may or may not punch you in the face, depending on how many times you kill me between now and then. So I would suggest letting me win from now on heh :P.

Shaftiel

Depending on how many days you will be there, I'd bring around $30/per day for expenses, you know, food, drinks, what have you. Other than that everything is really great! tha rooms are nice enough, its not like you are in them very long anyway heh :). They have a pretty good breakfast buffet that was free last year, I'm sure it will be free this year as well. Unless your bringing your own computer you should plan for around $65 for computer rental.

Look forward to meeting you. I may or may not punch you in the face, depending on how many times you kill me between now and then. So I would suggest letting me win from now on heh :P.

Shaftiel

Don't worry..with the ping i get here.. ill drop by once in a while but i probably won't frequent the gc servers too much

but ill be looking forward to killing you at ff :D

guess i better sleep with one eye open =P

GC Alumni
(edited)

I'm very likely returning for a second year. It was definitely a blast for my first time. Picture it this way:

Watching a football game on TV isn't the same as going to a stadium to see it.

You're getting absorbed in the atmosphere, you're conversing with everyone you only talk to online, you put faces to names, and best of all, the person who frags you is only a slap to the back of the head away.

In terms of expenses, Shaftiel got the gist of it down. If anything, bring more cash than you think you'll need. The ATM was out of order last year and in turn, some people were short on cash (especially Batty who wasn't able to play in the tourney because of it). Never hurts to be prepared.

Edited by JackieChan

Shaftiel

he's not kidding....at the last FF he would come over and slap me upside the head whenever i killed him......of course me throwing stuff at him didn't help either haha.

tha rooms are nice enough, its not like you are in them very long anyway heh :).

Sure they are nice, as long as you don't share with poopdood :P. I would not be surprised if they rejected my room reservation this year! :)

tha rooms are nice enough, its not like you are in them very long anyway heh :).

Sure they are nice, as long as you don't share with poopdood :P. I would not be surprised if they rejected my room reservation this year! :)

*shudders as he knows why*

Who gots sick?

I forget who, but I remember hearing something.

Allanon had jet lag sickness in 2006, was good friday night, not so much sat. :(

Ah..

Uh oh... I didn't take that into consideration... I plan on flying next year, and in turn it'll be my first time on an airplane (ever).

Who gots sick?

Allanon had jet lag sickness in 2006, was good friday night, not so much sat. :(

Ah..

Uh oh... I didn't take that into consideration... I plan on flying next year, and in turn it'll be my first time on an airplane (ever).

You're what... one timezone away? I was 6 (was in Spain which is GMT + 1). :P

Who gots sick?

Ah..

I was in spain... show off.

Shaftiel

Who gots sick?

Ah..

Hahahahahahaha.

I was just surprised as I thought it was a circle pizza not a sheet pizza that no one said anything until I finally got it...

Oh well... I'll take too much food over getting sick at FF any time :)

had i been hungry enough i coulda polished off half of that pizza easily..possibly 3/4.s

at least now you know how much to order for 2008 Allanon :D

• 4 weeks later...
Somehow I get the feeling I order too little this year and only get the crust of one slice of pizza or something :P

I'll tell ya what, lets go splits on a pizza that way if one of us feels hungrier than the other, they can eat the other persons pizza :D

Sounds like a deal

• 2 weeks later...