KITT, a Mustang?!

[LaW]Maverick

So they're bringing back Knight Rider. I loved the show as a kid, because I was so obsessed with cars and I loved the Firebird he drove.

Now we're getting a Mustang, and I have to reiterate my initial statement "Booo!"

They could have made it the new Camaro, which looks freakin' sweet, but nooooo. Then again, I guess GM has a history of telling the show to screw off so, maybe it happened again:

Producer: "Hey, we want to use the new Camaro as KITT in a Knight Rider revival series."

GM: "You mean we'll get free advertising on a weekly TV series in prime-time?"

Producer: "Yup."

GM: "F-you pal! Take KITT and shove it where the sun don't shine!"

Producer: "Um..so you don't want the free advertising?"

GM: "Get out!"

Producer: "Ok, sheesh."

It's like when they went to VW for Transformers:

Bay: "Hey, we'd like to use the VW bug for Bumblebee in the new Transformers movie."

VW: "So it's free advertising in a multi-million dollar blockbuster movie?"

Bay: "Yup, we want to stick to the original Bumblebee image."

VW: "And he's a good guy that saves the day more than once making VW look awesome?"

Bay: "Yup."

VW: "Screw you pal, we're not interested!"

Bay: "..."

Honestly, what goes through the heads of some of these auto-manufacturers when they're making decisions?

I'm sure it's not free advertising...I would almost guarantee the car maker pays something for that kind of exposure...which in turn helps fund the movie/tv series.

I read that, at least in the case of Transformers, they originally went to VW simply asking to use the Bug. They told VW that it would be free, but VW turned them down. Lemme see if I can find a link.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Bumblebee-T...s-Out-2883.html

That kinda implies it. I wish I could remember where I initially read/saw the story...

Well if thats the case...yeah, thats dumb....maybe they were asking for a slew of free cars for the movie or something...i dunno, cant see someone turning that down. Besides...i'm not really sure they would need permission to use it....no more than you need permission from every auto maker everytime you see one of their cars in a scene parked on the street. I would think as long as they bought the cars, which are totally available on the open market, they could do what they wanted.

But GM i'm sure they would have been asked to pay....they are whores and would never turn down free publicity like that, lol

I'm guessing the producers decided they wanted that mustang, and didn't even ask GM. My guess, anyways.

From what I have read, it's not officially a "series" yet, they have done a two-hour "movie-ish" pilot, but that's all that is guaranteed to air at this point. This may have changed since I read that article, I'm not sure.

*side note on the bumblebee thing - watching the interviews with Bay on the DVD, he seemed like he never was really big on having bumblebee as the VW bug from the start, because it just wasn't visually what he was looking for (which is why they still used a bug in the car buying scene as a token homage to the original). I happen to agree - I never cared for bumblebee much in the original cartoons because I thought the VW bug was kinda lame looking. I had NO problems whatsoever with the producers changing him to a Camaro. What hot chick in her right mind would make out with someone on the hood of his "pimp" VW bug? Seriously.

Wow, that Trans Am looks sweet...are they planning to release that as well as the Camaro? That almost makes me consider buying an American car. I also think Dodge did a great job with the new Challenger...very similar to the original.

i read on myspace that the interface is going to be powered by microsoft sync.

They considered using Mac but no one would write software for it, so then they had to decide....hmm....fight crime with a technologically capable machine...or ride around in a witchin car, make phone calls, and listen to itunes....

But on a side note...iRider was gonna have a really cool looking, but otherwise useless touch screen climate control :D

They considered using Mac but no one would write software for it, so then they had to decide....hmm....fight crime with a technologically capable machine...
this part made me giggle. coincidentally, while doing research for something totally legal and highly ethical, i came across this:

Windows - XP & Vista only

Please note that the Windows version of Deluge is quite a bit less stable than our Linux/Unix client, as Deluge is developed on Linux. Actually, it is probably safe to say that everything is less stable on Windows, not just Deluge

http://deluge-torrent.org/downloads.php

(ps - osx is built on the bsd kernel -> unix)

:smillie_smilling:

Xenophobes Need Underwear ?

X Not Unix

nt. touché, mo, but by the same logic, all linux distros are lnu, right?

Yeah...it gets fuzzy...XNU and LNU are both based in unix but not...wish they would make up their minds (or stop being so pretentious)

We should probably drop it there as I think someone might get hurt (mentally, a bystander...probably boiler for trying to figure out who's dissing who)