Update Today and New Map

ZeroDamage

I'm not very impressed with the CTF version of Well.

You're not impressed with anything...

That said, I agree. The last thing the official map line-up needed was another big map. It desperately needed another CTF, but Well in that format is huge. I'm probably going to take it back out, if there are no objections.

-hC

(edited)

Not that my opinion counts for much but, I thought that version of that map was boring. What about a completely new map, not a variation of one of the same maps. Its Well without the capture points. I think these game companies throw out new games that are pretty fun but they toss in like 4 or 5 maps with it and then people get bored with the same old maps after about 3 or 4 months.

I say make about 2 dozen maps, release about 5 at start then every month release another one. It would keep the game interesting and the player base coming back. Just my 2 cents. :D

Edited by Primus

Thing is, the original Well WAS a CTF map. The one released with TF2 was CP, but lots preferred it as a CTF map. So it's actually the CP one that's the variation.

Third-party maps would usually fill the gaps in map variety, and there are some truly fantastic ones that I'd love to get in the rotation. Unfortunately, they tend to cut the server population in half for no good reason (see what happened with cp_labor), so it's not really feasible to run them on a regular basis. >8\

-hC

Third-party maps would usually fill the gaps in map variety, and there are some truly fantastic ones that I'd love to get in the rotation. Unfortunately, they tend to cut the server population in half for no good reason (see what happened with cp_labor), so it's not really feasible to run them on a regular basis. >8\

-hC

Once there is a following, 3rd party maps will work. Until then, we are stuck in a 'catch 22.' We need stock maps to get people in, but the usual customers tire of the same maps over and over.