-=RP=-

ZesteR

(edited)

Ok, I'm all for playing with your friends and enjoying the game, but when it's only 7 v 7 and there is 4 RP guys and vovik on one team, it's obvious what team is going to win. They teamstack, they don't help out the other team, don't even talk to gc members.

I don't really care to be on the that team, i just want to be on the other team and shoot them in the face. but they don't suck, so it's kinda hard to work with pubbers and teamwork.

I'm venting and complaining I guess.

I'd welcome them to our server, but they dont' care about our teamwork and the idea of having fun on the server...

2 cents.. and some more nickels and dimes

Edited by ZesteR

we had a thread like this couple of months back and the conclusion the majority of this community came to was to let the admins police the teams, which was something i didn't agree on; i have seen admins attempt to balance teams out (skill-wise, not by numbers) and that is very good, but that doesn't happen enough but the problem is admins are not on the server 24/7 (and we should not expect them to be)

my choice was using something like PTB or, at the very least, auto-random everybody; people say that auto-randoming people would result the same thing but they still havent explained to me how it would result in the same thing...something automated that runs in the background is needed so it can be enforced on the server 24/7

and it is very very VERY annoying to be sitting as CT at the beginning of the map on italy, holding tab, and watching the teams go:

3 T v 3 CT

4 T v 3 CT

5 T v 3 CT

6 T v 3 CT

6 T v 4 CT

7 T v 4 CT

8 T v 4 CT

Edited by Undies

SHAZBOT!

I heard from somebody that heard it fom his uncles monkey that the -=RP=- guys worship Gary Coleman, kick little puppies and listen to Milli Vanilli. That and they like to push blind people into oncomming traffic... just disgusting.

Shaftiel

SHAZBOT!

I heard from somebody that heard it fom his uncles monkey that the -=RP=- guys worship Gary Coleman, kick little puppies and listen to Milli Vanilli. That and they like to push blind people into oncomming traffic... just disgusting.

Shaftiel

don't care what they do out of the gc server.

just in.

SHAZBOT!

Shaftiel

don't care what they do out of the gc server.

just in.

Heh, thats funny :}

Shaftiel

Ok, i suck and they are better than me, ill go back to playing tf2 and you can delete this thread or continue on with saying they suck compared to you.

lol.

(cuz u all hack)

They teamstack, they don't help out the other team, don't even talk to gc members.

On the contrary, they've been playing on our server a long time, and (in my opinion) have a history of splitting up nicely.

Teamwork you say? I haven't seen much teamwork or organization since the active GC that used to play CS started getting dilluted by TF2, COD, etc. I play a couple of maps with ppl running around like idiots and then I get sick of it and log off. And even more than that, people won't even listen to any attempts to have a plan. They just run off and do their own thing anyway.

And stacking? LOL LOL LOL LOL

You ALL stack. I just love it when someone asks for one of those stacked maps, and then I see them on the stacked side. You know, CT on Aztec, CT on prodigy, CT on cbble, etc. Same ppl play CT on cbble every time.

nah dude, i auto every time. :D

also, blewidrerd, nobody listens to you because your mic has something wrong with it. your voice gets distorted and sounds like a cross between those girls singing the national anthem and anonymo. nobody has told you that, have they?

i have noticed that rp has a tendancy not to necessarily team stack but they clan stack almost everymap, sometimes more blatently than others but w/e

You mean the kind of clan stacking where they have 3 RP on one side and 2 on the other?

Cuz thats what I'm used to seeing.

It's not when the server is very busy and have teams of 10 v 10.

It's harder for them to clan stack b/c of the amount of ppl coming in and choosing a side.

(sorry, that's what I meant to say, not teamstack, but it's the samething b/c they work together well, and it's against pubbers who won't work/listen).

It's when it's 6 v 5 and there is 4 or 5 RP guys on one side.

They are almost ready to go 7 - 0 and for a couple maps, i ask if someone could switch, and they dont do anything about it. not even speak.

They know exactly what they are doing, and I don't approve of it. Especially if we ask nicely for someone to come over and help the losing team out.

Well, I'll keep an eye out in the server. They've been good for so long, I probably stopped looking.

If they do that when I'm on, they'll fix it or get kicked and banned. Short of what sj suggested, which I agree with. I dunno what else to do. Of course, they've been around long enough they know who the admins are. They're probably only bad when admins aren't on. :(

Hello GC members, thought I should put in a word from the -=RP=- side of the fence since I'm a RP admin...

First off, I've been playing on GC for over 2 years (you might have known me as -=RP=-Leaddog) and I know I've played with most all of you extensively. Originally, I played on GC as a break from playing with my clan, and as my friends followed me into your server, now my whole clan likes to play there as well. We like the atmosphere, the registration, the fact the server always has players on, and most of all the way your server is run in regards to the rules actually being enforced (we share almost the exact same rules on our pub, and I enjoy the break from having to worry about kicking and banning). We have 2 CAL teams and we have about 20 members in our clan, and a CS/COD4 pub server. Obviously, with 20 or so members, we have a few bad apples as well :)

One thing I'd like to say is that most all of my clan members are good people and good friends. We are almost always hanging in vent when we are playing. For the most part, we try to respect other server rules when we are pubbing, but we all play competitively and enjoy the break from CAL and practice on your server. What I mean by this is that we come to your server to have fun and pwn some face in the process, not to play serious. But, as to be expected, when a server gets invaded by another clan on a regular basis, there is going to be tension. Obviously, we want to play on the same team as our clanmates because the main fun about CS is teamwork. I'll ask my guys to be mindful of stacking, but I dont think it's fair to pick on one group when you have hundreds of other clan-less players stacking at will. If it's that big of an issue, then perhaps adjusting the config to auto-only would be a good idea? Also, if any of my members are acting up or stacking, simply warn them or kick. Just be fair before you ban them for something, it's the right way to be.

Please allow me to provide some constructive critisim: I've played on GC less recently because of the serious lack of teamwork that I get now, especially on offense. It used to be that someone would make calls, and most of the team would go along. Now, that is a rare occasion, and the offensive has wittled to everyone going somewhere and camping every round...sad but true. There were admins in the past that would slay and kick for such antics, but I havent seen that happen in many months. Also, you have a tremendous issue with people playing with default rates. You have a great 100 tick server, but I hear people complain about reg because you have a bunch of noobs who dont set their rates for 100 tick. These people lag, skip, and really drag down the game play, maybe someone could add a simple post about the correct rate setting for the server. Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to get alot out so I wont have to make multiple posts. Lastly, For those of you that think we suck, right back at ya n00bs. I'm willing to bet if I had you on my CAL team you'd be cut in one practice! All of you non-RP haters, stay cool and keep it real. CYA on the server and nice to finally meet you on the GC forums.

I'm willing to bet if I had you on my CAL team you'd be cut in one practice! All of you non-RP haters, stay cool and keep it real.

you were doing well until i read this..

you guys are 4-3 and 3-4 in cal open, just becuase you play in cal, doesn't give you the right to talk down to people, especially when 75% of the players in our server are better players..

nobody cares if you stack if it's 10 v 10 or 12 v 12.. I haven't seen it effect game play.. be mindful when it is 5 v 5 and 6 v 6.. apparently that's where the issue is..

(edited)

If you scroll up in the thread you'll see that a couple of people were talking down about RP.. hence my statement directed at those comments. I didnt say I better than anyone because I was in CAL. By the way, telling someone not to talk down to others, when in the post my clan was talked down on, then making a statement like "75% of the players in our server are better players" to a post complaining about us being too potent on a server we arent even trying on ... oh well logic doesn't come easily to most.

Edited by 7otenkopf

ok, back to the issue at hand: what are we going to do about team stacking? rely on admin? ptb? auto-random for everybody and block team-switching (this is my favorite choice becuase it keeps a team intact for the duration of the map instead of switching over and over and over like ptb does)

btw, can we make it so the server doesn't wait one round to balance the teams based on numbers? its annoying to see "teams will be balanced next round"...why not do it THIS round?

Alright, lighten up. No need to start trading jabs over a minor issue.

Thanks for joining the forums and providing another perspective for the GC members to take into consideration.

For those that have frustrating moments in being on the losing side of a 0-6 match... open your mouth. Ask them to switch in a manner that isn't interpreted as whining. Remember, you won't hear anyone complaining about being on the 6-0 team. We've all gotten wrapped up in a good time and then realize it's 7-0 only when the map changes. Sometimes it takes a reminder in order to realize a switch needs to be made.

Equally, 7otenkopf, if you'd let your buddies know there's an issue, we'd appreciate it. The issue is not your clan, it's balance. We like seeing maps go 9-10 although we all know that won't always happen. We've had similar issues with other clans and other talented players. Some of these players know to swap sides when things get lopsided, some forget... and some need a flatout kick in the arse. If you'd let your clan know to split it up (2v2) it would create more balance. If you come across another clan with 4+ members, sure, I can understand flaring the chest out a bit. Just don't let it get out of hand and disrupt the server.

On a final note, if you're not hearing strats being called out, call 'em out. If you're not hearing the chatter you need to hear, take control and ask for it.

ADMINS:

A simple broadcast of : "teams are unbalanced, I will balance if not done voluntarily."

or, more directly: "Norg, get thoust arse over to T"