Don't hack that Mac!

anonymo

By late Thursday, Apple engineers were already working on patching the issue, said Aaron Portnoy, a TippingPoint researcher who is one of the contest's judges.

There's the difference in our two worlds.

:)

Just you wait. I love it when someone starts talking about how much more insecure Windows is over another OS. I'm not a Windows fanboy by any means, just have more of my experience on it. I do though have a lot of experience with the security swing as I've been in IT security for 11 years now. The major reason that Windows gets most of the press is it's market share. I've always used the illustration that, if you have a parking lot filled with 100 cars, 85 being blue, 10 being red, and 5 being yellow, if you randomly throw a rock into the parking lot, the odds are in favor of you hitting a blue car (i.e., Microsoft). I've seen my share of the "mainstream" OS' (Windows, Mac, and Linux) vulnerabilities coming out and, with the exception of Mac OS X (because it is still a relatively new OS and not many hackers have targeted it yet), the number of vulnerabilities are comparable.

Now what Playaa said is absolutely true. Microsoft's turnaround time is horrible in regards to it's vuln patching. If they can do something about this, they can easily quite all the naysayers out there. But until they do, they have to rely on ease of use and ui familiarity to win over the majority (which, for the record, it is still continuing to do).

What I find amusing is how it is typically 3rd party apps that are the cause of the Linux OS being hacked and not usually the OS itself.

Microsoft and Apple should both stop making web browsers and just stick to the OS stuff. They both fail miserably.

When Opera and Safari (i had to swallow my own vomit speaking the name of that horrid browser) get plugin support such as Adblock Plus and noscript, I will consider them.

Yuk! Just spit it out. :yuck:

My lunch is not sitting well now...

safari has adblock support. on personal preference, i don't care for the opera gui so i stay away from it, even though it loads faster than anything and renders according to specs.

ironically, plugin support is what kills firefox, but hey, to each their own. enjoy your vomit.

safari has adblock support. on personal preference, i don't care for the opera gui so i stay away from it, even though it loads faster than anything and renders according to specs.

ironically, plugin support is what kills firefox, but hey, to each their own. enjoy your vomit.

Technically, he has enjoyed his vomit until it came out... Wait, is vomit "food" in your stomach before it comes out? At what stage does it turn in to vomit? :unsure:

Trying to figure out what Safari does to cause this reaction.

I like Firefox's plug-ins, although it makes it slower.

Using Safari is like playing with the weird albino kid down the street. His mom is kind of hot but damn is he weird with his bug eating and everything.

sounds like personal experience.