since everyone is buying tvs...

Cujo

i'm not as much of a geek as you guys think i guess...

Actually it's more like you're such a huge geek you're against star wars because all the science used in the series is too far fetched for you to believe in. Trust me, they (nerds of such caliber) exist. :biglaugha:

So when can I come over? Are you building a racing chair? I've been wanting to buy one of those cheapy racing seats from CrappyTire and build my own arcade racing frame, but I really shouldn't....like really really shouldn't, but I want it so bad.

I'm starting to worry about you...

Everyone should hold off on purchasing large televisions for a month or two.

Sony has already started dropping prices (around $200 on some tvs right now) and the prices are supposed to drop to around $500-$600 off during the summer. Basically they want to own the market on hi-def tvs...which means every other company will drop their prices relatively soon as well.

anon, once i get the tv and then the racing chair i'll pm you to come over and try it out. i was over at the parent's house last night in their new home theatre and i must say it's impressive. until i get mine all set up i'll be going there whenever they're away at the cottage to watch all my good hd stuff.

their setup consists of a 46" sharp aquos d92 lcd tv, onkyo txsr606 receiver, and kef 2005.2 speakers. i'm currently building a nice little htpc to play all their media. the room is a custom built home theatre room. speakers all properly positioned and mounted. tv at the right height. custom pc/equipment cabinet built into the air return system of the central air for venting.

i cranked put on my 720p bluray rip of bourne identity and watched the mini cop chase scene with the dts audio cranked. i've never had that kind of home theatre experience in my life. personally, i'd rather watch a movie at my parents house than an actual theatre.

Sony has already started dropping prices (around $200 on some tvs right now) and the prices are supposed to drop to around $500-$600 off during the summer. Basically they want to own the market on hi-def tvs...which means every other company will drop their prices relatively soon as well.

Thanks for telling me now...punk.

Pretty sure I've been saying this every spring since 2001. Like, exactly this. :biglaugha: