Flitterkill Showcase Showdown!

Flitterkill

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GC Board Member

58 watchers on the auction now.

How about showing your fellow GC folk some love and perhaps stray from the one dollar more guess? How about 20-25 for separation between the guesses? Anyone in the buck over range feel free to drop another guess.

Playaa and sj - if you want a redo - go ahead

-Fk

GC Board Member
Flitter, I haven't heard yours yet... :prplwacko:

Not until Saturday eve. when the guessing is locked down. Just finished IM'ing with a 20 year old Infantry guy in SE Afghanistan who is planning on bidding. I'll let everyone know what his Buy-it-Now offer was (gotta let this auction play out so didn't accept; also didn't accept others over the last day or two)

Chatted for while, both lamenting the fact that no one talks about Afghanistan any more.

Few IED's - plenty of ambushes.

-Fk

GC Board Member

And that's it. Guesses locked.

88 watchers, 2781 views at the moment.

30 minutes later edit: Did I say 88? I meant 90, and 2804...

My guess:

At first, before folks wanted a real number outta me, it was vaguely in the 3700 to 4100 range. Now, I don't know but I'll throw out 3900 as mine, sticking to my original range.

Buy it now offers have all been over $4000. The Afghanistan infantry guy was in the low $4000 range.

Where this will actually end? Man, it may go wacky over $5000; there are so few stock versions of this car remaining which does make it somewhat sought after. I've had a few questions/responses that only wanted to remark that the car is pretty sweet (to paraphrase) and that it may go pretty high. That and if oil jumps up even more, there may be a run on the car as well.

I was perfectly happy to sell for best offer locally over $1500 only a few months ago. Since I already have $2300 at least, I'm pretty cool with the whole deal regardless of my guess :)

We'll know in less than 48 hours...

-Fk

GC Board Member

About 24 hours to go.

108 Watchers

3287 views.

I suspect this got posted to a smaller enthusiast's forum some time late last night or this morning some time (that or people cruise eBay when they get back from church or eating Sunday breakfast) as there was a substantial jump in views and watchers.

-Fk

GC Board Member

Less than 6 hours to go!

Still the *same* amount - 1 bid, $2,300!

121 Watchers

One offer to trade for a watch. Hmmmm.... No....

Will Flitter actually see more than $2,300 for the car?

Will there be a ginormous sniper war near the end?

Who will win the free one year GC membership?

Soon, we'll know...

-Fk