Flitterkill Showcase Showdown!

Flitterkill

I was perfectly content to hit up the list of names and numbers of the people who wanted to buy my 1991 Honda CRX SI (at least the names I bothered to save - so many over the last year or two) but then I saw this auction end the other day:

Are you kidding me?

I would have been fine with the best local offer over $1500 but after seeing that - wowsers! So, why not take a flyer and see what shakes out?

End of an era for me, but there are soon to be more small, quick, sports cars I can get my fix from and it will be nice for a change on that end (Not to mention the CRX is finally kinda coming back in the form of the CRZ which will go into production for 2009/10 - might be some fun there).

What's this mean for you?

It's been kinda quiet around here lately so lets get some action going!

crx1.jpg

FLITTERKILL'S 1991 HONDA CRX SI AUCTION

The person who guesses closest to the final auction amount without going over gets a regular GC membership for one-year paid by me! Non-GC and GC members are all free to play.

I have my guess on where it will end (and that number is well under $7000) and I'll divulge that number this upcoming Saturday evening after the guessing by you folks ends.

The end date for the auction is Monday, June 9th, 8pm eastern. All guesses must be submitted by... hmmm.... Let's see. I can't let you guess at the last minute as the bids may give too much away...

Guesses must be submitted in this thread by Saturday, June 7th, 8pm. There may be a bid or two by then but like most auctions I expect most of the action at the end. Check out completed auctions for 1989 to 1991 CRXs to gauge the insanity and better hedge your guess. Keep in mind that this particular model and spec is not that common in stock condition (see completed auctions for the riced goodness).

The auction has been posted for 24 hours now and although there are no bids currently, there have been nearly 800 page views and 41 people have watch-listed the auction.

Feel free to bid yourself and guess the same amount. I have no problem with you buying my car and in effect paying for a one year GC membership in the process :)

Have fun!

-Fk

EDIT #1: As of 2pm eastern, Wednesday, the first bid is finally in. 52 watchers. 1152 page views.

EDIT #2: As of 115pm eastern, Thursday, 70 watchers, 1680 views.

EDIT #3: As of 1115pm eastern Thursday, 78 watchers, 1938 views, more pics added.

EDIT #4: As of 945pm eastern, Friday, 81 watchers, 2302 views.

EDIT #5: As of 4pm eastern, Saturday, 85 watchers, 2617 views, new pic of hatch area added.

EDIT #6: As of 8pm eastern, Sunday, 108 watchers, 3287 views, 24 hours to go.

EDIT #7: As of 2pm eastern, Monday, 121 watchers, 3814 views, 6 hours to go.

$6,801 anonymo

$5,700 Undies

$5,231 SaN

$4,525 DarkArchon

$4,500 Xterminator

$4,100 simkiller

$3,900 Flitterkill

$3,850 [LaW]Maverick

$3,792.45 ZeroDamage

$3,500 bushwack

$3,400 YoMamma

$3,275 boilersax

$3,150 BIGchiefKODIAK

$3,100 Unclean

$2,800 ilovetomatoes

$2,777 VooDooPC

$2,750 Bubblegum Bandit

$2,700 Capt.Coconut

$2,500 Lex

$2,300 shaftiel

$2,300 AUCTION START PRICE

$2,154.02 Playaa/Pselus

$0,001 sj

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$3,850

Edit: Oh, and on a side note--someone was CRAZY for paying that much for that car. I mean no offense to the CRX Si, I mean, it's probably my second favorite Honda of all time (behind the NSX-T), but to pay that much for a car that blue-books for just a little over $1,300 and has that many miles on it...wow...

When I go to sell my Grand Prix GXP in 8 years or so, I'm going to slap an H on the front of it and tell people it's a rare version of the Honda Accord that was released for racing in the south. Hahaha...

Edited by [LaW]Maverick