Will it fit?

Squire

Hey Guys,

I finally started buying things for my new build. So far I bought ATI 4870, Intel e8400, Asus P5Q Mobo. and GSkill DDR 4gig of ram. Im getting ready to buy the rest next friday including the case. Only concern I have is if this video card is going to fit in the case? Have any of you guys picked up the 4870 yet? I would like to go with a mid tower. But I have to a full tower is fine. I'm lookin to spend between 100-120 for a case...Any suggestions?

Thanks!

o0o

Most likely there won't be a problem. If you're worried about it, look at pictures of the case to try to guess how much space there is directly in front of the top slot.

I have what looks like a similar-sized card (X1950), and it runs nearly the length of the motherboard. If there were a hard drive cage right in front of it, it'd be tight, but I think it'd still fit. I don't think cases are usually designed to have any hard drives blocking much of the motherboard.

thanks mookie

I was thinkin about gettin the antec 900...But I know almost everyone gets this case. I'd like to try to get something a little different at least. But I kind of wanted a bottom mounted PSU because the 24 pin plug is in a weird spot its towards the bottom of my board. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

here is a really neat concept for cheap: http://www.xoxide.com/nextherm-air-conditioned-460w-psu.html

Hmm...this scares me, I wouldnt use any of my parts in this. I would think that condensation on some level would be an issue. Not just in having an external drain that would need to constantly emptied...but also on the inside from the extreme temp differences...condensation=water. water+computer parts = very bummed geek.