help me find out

tookey

(edited)

I don't really know much about purchasing brand name laptops. The last computer I bought, I built. What company has the best laptops I can get, with the least bloatware? What brands do you like? Who has good support?

Edited by tookey

This may surprise you but I recommend a Macbook Pro, use Bootcamp if you want Vista or XP on it. You will get top notch support from Apple on the machine with the best specs including top of the line video card, etc. That is my recommendation anyway.

This may surprise you but I recommend a Macbook Pro, use Bootcamp if you want Vista or XP on it. You will get top notch support from Apple on the machine with the best specs including top of the line video card, etc. That is my recommendation anyway.
this quote needs to be preserved, and the thread closed. other opinions will come along, but they'll be wrong.

- sj

transcribed by my macbook pro. dictated but not read.

Do you have a budget??

Best bang for your buck, I believe, is getting a dell, hp, asus.

Each brand I have some pet peeves, but could have changed by now.

Dell, ya gotta watch, they like to put in a 56K modem and a 10/100 rj45 network card... (why??)

I do like apple products, never used any laptops of their's, but the Mac OS is a nice change of pace.

I know my college gives a lil discount for apple products too.

I have been very happy with my Dell e1505 that I bought a year and 1/2 ago. I have not had to work with their customer service so no opinion there, but the laptop has been very good for me. I have Vista Home Premium on it.

I would have just changed 1 thing, get the actual sound card instead of the integrated one

I find out what i want my laptop for.. travel, not sitting at my desk. So I want the lightest possible. I don't care about horsepower, but no modern day laptop is going to crawl. I buy them off ebay and put my own OS's on them..

If it ain't gonna be a MacBook Pro (which it should be) then it had better be an Asus.

But seriously...get a MacBook Pro. I have had a few laptops in my day (HP, Compaq, Sony, Apple) and none of them felt as usable and "fresh" after a year as my MacBook Pro does.